• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI types with an X - something doesn't sit well with me...

S

Society

I don't see how frequency has anything to do with this distinction, unless maybe you're using the word more metaphorically than I am assuming.
that. i meant frequency as in this:
Frequency4.JPG

I'm going to stop. If you can get something constructive to discuss out of that, I'll be surprised. :D
"MBTI: astrology sucks so here we are" ?

tine5

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i see... and i think i can help with only one question:
are you more absorbed in the details around you for what they are or for what they remind you of?

Well I'm an xxFP at the moment.
I'm interested in what's around me and what's useful!

S

Society

Well I'm an xxFP at the moment.
I'm interested in what's around me and what's useful!
what's harder: following someone else's logic or figuring out the hidden meanings behind their words?

if it's the first your an ISFP if it's the later your an ESFP (assuming the FP are correct). congratulations.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
whatever way we depict it, it is entirely possible that we are able to do both in the same time, in fact i am pretty sure we almost always have too in order to come up or understand anything at all, so the description here shouldn't present a false dichotonmy but rather a full range of possible gray areas.

Well understood. Ah, yes, the frequency thought of the levels of introversion vs extraversion does most certainly work. Usually there are two nodes of thought within such a case. One is where a person would take the introverted function to be of equal process as the extraverted function but of simply difference in levels of speed whereas the other node would say that the introverted function bears simply the same mindset of a different direction. I imagine with the dichotomy of extraversion/introversion you have taken it to speed whereas I had taken it to direction. If we look at a spiral:

U9Sfx.jpg

You would be saying that the levels of speed a clockwise spinning spiral would be the difference between extraversion and introversion.
I would be saying that the difference between extraversion and introversion here would be a clockwise spinning spiral and an anti-clockwise spinning spiral.

Which goes to point of your next thought on adaptation.

I had always imagined the thought of adapting the information to ourselves and adapting ourselves to the information was within scale of introversion/extraversion which is where I labelled it in terms of direction. Where one is the overturn of the other. It is that subjective aspect that defines how introversion is used within the jungian models and so where we cause an inner subjective state of mind is where we start to define things in terms of introversion. If we look at the example of Si and Se, where one directs internally and the other directs externally, one would say that Se is a state which leaves no room for alteration of experience within any particular set of sense, yet Si is a subjective state of experience in which whatever is experienced externally is altered through methods of the individual in adaptation. Like the example of swinging the golf club: the thrill of the swing resides in the user's particular subjective experiential stance on the swing (really exciting), however for the Se user, the thrill is far more inclined not to be as thrilling as the lack of alteration of experience exists. As in they would probably see the golf club swinging as an inane experience in difference to more exciting activities.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All this thinking and pondering over an X. Just choose a damn letter. Choose the one you like the best.

Little_Sticks

All this thinking and pondering over an X. Just choose a damn letter. Choose the one you like the best.

I could, but that doesn't mean I will want to stop thinking about the nature of existence. So what difference does it really make? In a way, the X makes life feel more mysterious and meaningful.

tine5

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
what's harder: following someone else's logic or figuring out the hidden meanings behind their words?

if it's the first your an ISFP if it's the later your an ESFP (assuming the FP are correct). congratulations.

Thanks :) I think probably ISFP (not with those two options, I'd think about those too much XD)
I think the X happens when the functions can't be explained well enough (Some people get the Ne/Se difference easily, but it took me ages).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks :) I think probably ISFP (not with those two options, I'd think about those too much XD)
I think the X happens when the functions can't be explained well enough (Some people get the Ne/Se difference easily, but it took me ages).

Not understanding N vs. S questions makes a big difference while taking the MBTI.

Thinkist

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For those still interested in correalating cognitive functions to X types, check this out. Notably the correalation still isn't 100% clear.

tine5

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not understanding N vs. S questions makes a big difference while taking the MBTI.

Definitely. I think alot of people may find it confusing (especially Se and Ne, because Se has so many terrible descriptions and stereotypes).