• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why ENxx types frequently mistype as introverts

Kitsune413

MBTI Type
enfp
I learn the same way as an enfp as you do. I have an INTP friend that if he knows something, say a board game, will explain all the steps in details and my eyes just kind of glaze over. I'd rather just play, the obvious is obvious. So I can go from there to learn what I need to learn.

G

garbage

I learn the same way as an enfp as you do. I have an INTP friend that if he knows something, say a board game, will explain all the steps in details and my eyes just kind of glaze over. I'd rather just play, the obvious is obvious. So I can go from there to learn what I need to learn.

Haha, same here.

I host regular game nights. When we start a new game, and when someone explains all of the rules to the group, I find it hard to.. care. I know that I won't remember them anyway, and I don't yet know how everything is connected.

I won't know what such-and-such a group of cards actually does, really, so I won't care about some specific rule that pertains to some specific time during which some specific card in that group can interact with some particular token.. or something.

When I explain a game to people, I try to cater to everyone--but I tend to express the main point first and then delve into some specifics. We get a practice round or two so that we can get a feel for the whole shebang, and technicalities that surface will surface. Rarely do I get into nuances of the rules on the very first explanation.

I don't necessarily believe that either way is 'right,' but it shows a marked difference in our learning styles. Mine is basically "let's just shut the hell up and play already."

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Extroverts don't seem to mind, perhaps preferring more direct and confrontational approaches
yes
I'm fuzzy as to what I'm thinking without bouncing it off of an external source. .
yes
reading an instruction manual or lecture step-by-step grates me, I'd rather develop a concept of the whole shebang as soon as possible and then delve into the details. This often means skimming material or reading it in bits and pieces first and coming back in for the rest.
yes
I have an INTP friend that if he knows something, say a board game, will explain all the steps in details and my eyes just kind of glaze over. I'd rather just play, the obvious is obvious. So I can go from there to learn what I need to learn.
yes

But I can't be an extrovert. I can't stand them!

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I have to disagree a bit. The more the people I have the better I am at generating ideas, intellectual conversations etc. And the jokes are also funnier when more people are around.

See that's interesting as im the exact opposite, too much stimulation and I shut down and im unable to formulate anything approaching a coherent thought.

I need my time alone to go over the information ive just recieved so as to get an idea or perspective on something.

I often feel guilty because if this happens at some social get together, people often notice that im getting quiet and uncommunicable, but im not doing it on purpose and it is in no way a slur on them, but nevertheless people do tend to get offended by it. I can usually force myself to continue a conversation past my breaking point, but it's hard. It's also hard to describe, I quite literally need to get away and process this information, to go over things in my head.

For this reason extroversion is somewhat fascinating to me. I believe many people, (although not all), in early life tend to look at themselves briefly and then apply how they are to everyone else around them, which is something I think I did when younger. Obviously as my understanding and perspective grew so did the obvious revelation that in fact, no, some people were not the same as I am and this kick started my fascination with this subject.

G

garbage

For this reason extroversion is somewhat fascinating to me.
But I can't be an extrovert. I can't stand them!
If it helps, there are many extroverted tendencies that I despise.

For example, if someone asks me a question, I expect them to stop talking so that I can actually answer it. I also halfway expect them to not interrupt me unless they need clarification. Sometimes, after they ask me a question, I like to just shut up for a while just to test them and see if they'll give me a chance to talk.. it's kind of fun sometimes.

I once did just that, and the person who asked me the question, of course, couldn't shut up afterward. He told me that it was my responsibility to jump in. I'm pretty sure that, as the person with the 'upper hand' (namely, the answer to his question), I didn't have such a responsibility.

I'm also not above snapping my fingers or raising my voice to reclaim the platform from someone.

I guess, for those reasons, I'm often 'misunderstood' to be an introvert.