• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISFPs and INFPs - do you do this?

Do you engage in the sort of behaviour described in the OP?

• I'm an ISFP and I do this.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I'm an ISFP and I do not do this.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I'm an INFP and I do this.

• I'm an INFP and I do not do this.

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • I'm not an Fi-dom but I know an ISFP who does this.

• I'm not an Fi-dom but I know an INFP who does this.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This isn't type-related, dummy, now go get a life.

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
N

NPcomplete

I see a trend between FPs and a love of bright, rainbow colors... it's like they have a magnetic force...

/tractor-beam

We're all rainbow-warriors! OMG!!!!1111

Edit: I've clearly lost my mind to the colours.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
My ISTP brother does this. I seriously hate it. I mean, I like my brother, just not this behaviour. lol.

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
i don't think i do this - not in the sense of having an urge to share every other random image i come across.

when i was somewhere between 19 and 25, i did do something similar. i would send text messages to my friends on impulse which said something like "the other day i had these ideas for drawings: [insert several extensive descriptions that occupy some eight or ten separate messages] and i just thought i should share them. what do you think of this?" or "i want to start working on a drawing that will have [description of the pattern follows] and use [this] or [this] or [this] as color combinations. will you choose the one you prefer for me?" i guess it was my idea of a mini-brainstorm. my friends must have been very frustrated with me.

around that time i also went over the top with emphatic punctuation and assorted bits of insertable fluff such as emoticons, glitter graphics and the like - or forced myself to, because none of this is really me. i had an image of what i thought i ought to be like - a person who radiates warmth and shows it in such a overt, boisterous way that it may seem silly or strange at times - and i tried to live up to it, even though it sapped most or all of my energy (and i have no idea how awkward it made me appear to others). all a huge overcompensation, i think. later i came to realize that i could not be this, was never going to be this and should not be this. why attempt to turn myself into someone other than who i am? so i dropped that forced preoccupation with shiny things and started to show warmth - or my appreciation for the outside world - in ways that feel more natural.

i do occasionally send my friends random emails with odd or adorable cat photos i've collected over the course of several weeks, or other images i like. usually those are photos of wildlife - bright and unusual flowers, mushrooms, deep-ocean creatures, insects etc. - but it can be something else too, such as artwork (recently it was yacek yerka, for example, or a modern impressionist painter whose name i keep forgetting). but then this is probably not what the author of the OP had in mind.

I see a trend between FPs and a love of bright, rainbow colors... it's like they have a magnetic force...

/tractor-beam

count me in. i suppose that for me, it stays inside more than it shows on the outside, but it's there.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think I do this. On occasion I may point something out if we were talking about something related.... Or if it was like a "Holy shit I just saw a hawk pick up some poor unsuspecting prey!" moment.... I'm more likely to sing dumb songs when I'm bored. And I can't sing. :unsure:

Now... If we are looking for something in particular, I'm almost always the first one to spot it. Like, if we were given directions that say, after you pass the red barn you'll want to take a right on the next road.... I'll be the first to spot the red barn off in the distance. I'm not much of a talker in a car though, and I'm not one to text or call someone these days.... Maybe it would be different if I was!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know a lot of ESFPs who do this. My sister takes photos of her food wherever she goes....she's photo-taking obsessed in general (and not in a cool artistic hobby sort of way :p). Many ESFPs I know love the twitter/facebook real time updates of every little mundane activity in life too. I find ISFPs are much more subdued versions of this. The heavier their Se, the more they do it, the heavier their Fi, the less they communicate, period. My ISFP step-dad has sent me random photos (a scorpion in our front yard!), and he sends my mom stuff (the cat in a cute pose!), but he doesn't do it all the time nor does he note every little thing he sees. I find Si-dom do that quite a bit too, but it's often paired with a comparison to something else (ie. "this has changed from last time").

I don't do any of this, for the most part. I rarely take photos because it just doesn't occur to me & I'm very absent-minded when it comes to my surroundings. When I note my physical surroundings, it feels heavy & light all at once, like I'm just seeing the beauty of the sky for the first time & my feeling about life is slightly altered because of it. I'm filled with some newfound hope or a sharp stab of despair, and blah blah blah. I get all NF-y & poetic about it, because what's striking to me is how novel something suddenly appears that I generally ignore on a day to day basis. The object as a stimuli is quickly forgotten as I ponder this idea & other ideas it spurs.

I don't communicate this to people because then they think I'm strange. FYI, some ISFPs I know are more likely to take this attitude also - I really think it's just being Fi-heavy to start attaching meaning to things in order to even bother noting them. My ISFP step-dad is more likely to ramble on philosophically than to list cool stuff he saw. If he takes a photo, it's either somewhat significant in itself (the scorpion was out of the ordinary) or he does put an artistic slant on it.