• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

childhood typeology?

jonatron5

MBTI Type
INTJ
Ok so way back like as far as I can rember like when I was like 6or 8. I had never heard if typeolgoy or mbti types or anything like that. I remember whatching childhood cartoons."especialy the show recess" I would always watchthese sort of shows. And all kids pick out a character that they admire and say they want to be like them right? Well no matter what the show was I always wanted to be that guy who walks up to thetable table blueprint in hand amd spreads it out on the table and explains the plan. It just so happens I know for a fact I am intj. So i got what I wanted.

Heres the questions
1. Anyone else had similar experiences
2. Did I somehow subconsciously know what sort of person I was back then, or did it somehow get planted in my mind to be like that and I succeeded?

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
The only character I remember I wanted to be was the knight from Sleeping Beauty (even though I'm a girl xD). Some profiles say INFP is the "white knight" from fairy tales... My guess is that you thought those characters were very cool and maybe they (and other stuff) had some influence in your formation?

In personalitypage are some descriptions of kids personalities, and I identify a lot with the INFP kid description.
http://www.personalitypage.com/html/kid_portraits.html

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
@ OP: you were exposed to a variety of characters in these shows. If you resonated consistently with one sort of character over all the others, this much more about you than about them. You responded to it because of something in your makeup. I didn't watch that much television as a child, but I noticed the same thing myself as a teenager and adult, before I knew anything about any personality typing systems. My favorite characters, those I have strongly identified with, generally fit INTJ descriptions. Understanding type was enlightening in this respect.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Funny... i always identified with the crazy intelligent freak type characters. I always wanted to vomit when there was some popularity materialistic hierachy as the main focus. You would be more likely to find me playing outside though...climbing trees, riding bikes, watching insects, talking to adults, looking at plants...the sky etc

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I liked all the smart characters, but not if they're nasty. My dad values intelligence, my mom values kindness, so I guess that's where that comes from.

I also liked to pick characters that no one else talked about as my 'favorite'. Typical e4 stuff.

Failcakes

MBTI Type
INFP
Hmm... I always snatched the main characters away from my sister <u < .. No, that's not really true, actually for some reaosn I always would chose the tragic/self-sacrificing/hero-like ones, now I think about it. Maybe there is some truth in that theory...

Burger King

Heres the questions
1. Anyone else had similar experiences
2. Did I somehow subconsciously know what sort of person I was back then, or did it somehow get planted in my mind to be like that and I succeeded?

1. My memory is foggy. I don't think so. I remember watching the old power rangers series and cheering on the bad guys. The good guys were always winning. Everytime they made it look like the bad guys were winning, I rolled my eyes, because we all knew that stupid red ranger gonna steal the show again.
2. Either you're emulating someone you admire or that someone just so happens to share traits that you have, and it was merely resonance. Or it's just a coincidence. Your guess is as good as mines haha.