• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Type Would Make The Best King?

Which type would make the best king? Why?

• Total voters

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's ok [MENTION=15004]mia_infp[/MENTION]. These INTJs are being cocky now but watch what happens if an ENFP goes flitting past trailing NP glitter and riding a unicorn.

Yup, they are strutting around there Te tail feathers as if Fi tertiary has magically disappeared.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Oh… you mean like when you did this?

I'm not sure when you're gunna figure this one out, but you shouldn't be going and accusing someone of doing something when you're the one who did that thing first:

We all know the best choice would never be a power-hungry, inflexible J with their drivenness and new-information blinders on. The ideal system is obviously a P with several J advisors. The P would be able to ensure the right degree of flexibility and crisis-management, and thus no single power-hungry, role-directive foaming-at-the-mouth J would be unleashed upon the world.

:nono:

Sure I did. I also read about what the INTJ is like under stress. And, God forbid, what an under-developed or lop-sided INTJ is like. (out of control Ni anyone?)

You can't even stay logically consistent over the course of two sentences.

You're like living proof as to why an NFP is not eligible.

Any good leader knows one must plan assuming the worst possible scenario, and work up from there.

Yes, which is why "the supreme strategists", "the master contingency planners", are meant to (benevolently) rule the world.

The thrown is no place for an INTJ.

The throne is no place for someone who can't correctly spell throne.

It's ok mia_infp. These INTJs are being cocky now but watch what happens if an ENFP goes flitting past trailing NP glitter and riding a unicorn.

Oh, there will be plenty of NFPs in the harem.

One of them might even get to be queen.

:saturned:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now there might be some openings as a consultants/sex slaves.... we'll have to see. The application will be uploaded soon.
An INTJ might be willing to take on the position of secretary. That's where all the information is collected, and knowledge is power, as Stalin quickly learned.

A

Anew Leaf

I'm not sure when you're gunna figure this one out, but you shouldn't be going and accusing someone of doing something when you're the one who did that thing first:

Once again, if you're gunna use worst-case scenarios...

See, you're like constant proof as to why an NFP is not eligible.

Yes, which is why "the supreme strategists", "the master contingency planners", are meant to (benevolently) rule the world.

The throne is no place for someone who can't correctly spell thrown.

:)

harem? :thinking: are you sure you aren't having delusions of being an STP?

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
harem? :thinking: are you sure you aren't having delusions of being an STP?
I quite agree on this. No point in maintaining a harem when there is no time to enjoy it. Far too much work to be done to fritter away time and attention on such frivolity.

Mia.

What? I meant that as a compliment darling. After all, I did say only the best... :blowkiss:

Once again, if you're gunna use worst-case scenarios...

See, you're like constant proof as to why an NFP is not eligible.

Sorry dude, "Me NTJ. Me run-um world" isn't an acceptable argument.

LOL. Wait.... you were serious? Hate to break it to you dear, but contingency planning has consultant written all over it.

The throne is no place for someone who can't correctly spell thrown.

Hehe. You're right, THAT was horrendous. Congratulations! You were right about something! Good for you hun. *Goes back to heavy multi-tasking*

:)

You're right, the P shouldn't limit it to just NTJs in the harem.... hell, everyone is welcome to apply!

A

Anew Leaf

I would like to change my former post and say that I would be behind any type that doesn't need to consult with internet forum polls for "accurate" information to support their theories.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would like to change my former post and say that I would be behind any type that doesn't need to consult with internet forum polls for "accurate" information to support their theories.

Who is using the forum polls as accurate information to support their theories? o_O

Mia.

You mean like when you said this?

ENFPs should never be close to the reins of power.

*shakes head* Tsk tsk ..... when will you NTJs realize that your insults and caustic, one-sided bullshit almost always pre-dates any you experience at the hands of others?

That's ok, you're still in the running for the consultant/slave job, we won't hold it against you. ;)

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I voted ENFJ because they like to include everyone in the kingdom with their superior Fe. INTJs would just be power hungry like ENTJS and force it's people onto war killing the entire civilization.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
You mean like when you said this?

Zarathustra said:
ENFPs should never be close to the reins of power.

Well, putting aside for the moment the fact that what I said there was not equivalent to what you said later...
Didn't you see the part where I said one of them could be queen? :queenie:

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I voted ENFJ because they like to include everyone in the kingdom with their superior Fe. INTJs would just be power hungry like ENTJS and force it's people onto war killing the entire civilization.
That would be entirely counterproductive. Compulsory participation in construction brigades, environmental remediation teams, home health service provision, and billboard obliteration would be far more constructive.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
INTJs would just be power hungry like ENTJS and force it's people onto war killing the entire civilization.

That's the kind of grammar only an Fe-dom could support.

I see why they get your vote.

In my kingdom, you'd be euthanized.

And we'd all be better off for it.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
That's the kind of grammar only an Fe-dom could support.

I see why they get your vote.

In my kingdom, you'd be euthanized.

And we'd all be far better for it.

Here comes the superhero to the rescue, insulting others and leaving zero room for logic, creativity or common sense. Everyone cheers and pity's the fool. The thread then slowly dies and another mission is accomplished.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's a tough question. I suppose Plato would argue the best king is someone who doesn't actually want power or control, but has it foisted upon him (I've heard that the founding fathers actually followed a similar ideology in choosing Washington). That in a well-functioning society, the king is the most miserable person. By that "the best rulers never crave power" rule, INTJ probably isn't a great answer. Not to say all INTJs have a particular lust for some measure of control or influence, but there are probably other groups that, on the whole, want it less.

My opinion is that EJs are the ones that really want to run the show and not INTJs though they often end up in leadership roles (as ISTJs do as well).

Here is my logic for the three I voted for:

ENFP - Can be a very inspiring leader. Understands the constituency and what they want. Flexible negotiator who is able to strike compromises. Bill Clinton is a good example of an effective ENFP leader.

ESTJ - They get people organized and get stuff done. Though not the most inspiring leaders, they clearly enjoy being in charge and are pretty effective in running a routine operation.

INTJ - Thinks about the big picture and all the component parts. Good transformational leader. Not as good at maintaining something that doesn't need to be changed.

Ones I didn't pick:

ENFJ - ?? don't get this

ENTJ - Probably have the greatest desire for power. Think they are better leaders than they are. Studies that I've seen of different types of leaders shows them to be no more effective than any other type. They were actually not rated towards the top.