• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Type Would Make The Best King?

Which type would make the best king? Why?

• Total voters

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Remember: INFPs run on the platform of free ponies and pudding to all!
I so should have read the arguments before I voted. My allegiance can be easily bought with ponies and pudding... and sparklers (wink wink, nudge nudge).

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's ok [MENTION=15004]mia_infp[/MENTION]. These INTJs are being cocky now but watch what happens if an ENFP goes flitting past trailing NP glitter and riding a unicorn.

Sure I did. I also read about what the INTJ is like under stress. And, God forbid, what an under-developed or lop-sided INTJ is like. (out of control Ni anyone?) Any good leader knows one must plan assuming the worst possible scenario, and work up from there. The thrown is no place for an INTJ. :D

Now there might be some openings as a consultants/sex slaves.... we'll have to see. The application will be uploaded soon.
I'm changing my vote. Voted ENFJ, as I think they'd make great kings...but now after reconsidering all of the most important factors of running a kingdom I'm totally going with the NFPs. If the future ruler of NFP-land needs one of those suspicious witchy characters that do the cauldron boil and bubble thing I've always kind of thought that would be fun to try. I also know astrology, which I believe disqualifies one from a kingly/queenly position, but I would suspect is an asset in applying for the court hag position. P:S: I also like cats.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually, I can see an NFP being pretty good at being King or Queen, especially a mature one. Granted, NFPs arent the typical types of monarch, but they can be very good at knowing what is in peoples hearts (necessary to survive social power play), as well as recognize other peoples strengths (second trait necessary to screen your advisers) and delegating tasks according to those strengths, as well as mediate when things get a bit heated up. Plus they tend to be likable, which is always a plus with the people. The only downside is the constant non-stop pressure they'd be under..that is something that I in any case would have serious trouble with. Flaking on it isn't an option, nor is career-change, so...yeah.

zelo1954

ISFJophile
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Someone who can live with a huge schedule, being on call 24 hours a day, live constantly in the public eye, be gracious to everyone they meet but with no real power whatsoever. Someone who can cope with a huge sense of duty. Who does that sound like to you? No doubt in my mind at all. Only one good candidate - ISFJ.

Back in older times when kings had real power and were expected to be warriors - ISTP.

Spin

MBTI Type
INtP
Enneagram
1w9
ENFJ all the way.

E because you want someone who doesn't mind interacting with people a lot, and who is energized by groups, since they'll be leading one heck of a large group. Also, someone who's an E is probably more interested in people and their problems in general -- not just the few people they're close to.

N because you want them to see the big picture and the overall impact of their actions.

F because they better be REALLY empathetic if they're going to be controlling my freedom, and I'd expect an F to look out for both the majority and the minority (although I'd prefer someone who wasn't a strong F, since it's important for a king to make decisions that are based on logic as much as feelings).

J because kings have to adhere to all kinds of rules and traditions, so it might as well be someone who'll enjoy that aspect of kinghood.

Mia.

ENFJ all the way.

E because you want someone who doesn't mind interacting with people a lot, and who is energized by groups, since they'll be leading one heck of a large group. Also, someone who's an E is probably more interested in people and their problems in general -- not just the few people they're close to.

N because you want them to see the big picture and the overall impact of their actions.

F because they better be REALLY empathetic if they're going to be controlling my freedom, and I'd expect an F to look out for both the majority and the minority (although I'd prefer someone who wasn't a strong F, since it's important for a king to make decisions that are based on logic as much as feelings).

J because kings have to adhere to all kinds of rules and traditions, so it might as well be someone who'll enjoy that aspect of kinghood.

*Falls on her sword refusing to watch the kingdom fall under the curse and hopeless despair of dom Fe with unlimited power*

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
which type would make the best QUEEN???

Little_Sticks

I think a better question would be "Which Type Would Make A Just, Fair, and Noble King?" ... because best can mean they are good at gaining and keeping power, but could do things like hurt the quality of life of those under their rule in order to do so. There should be some distinction about what best is to mean or at least people should explain how they understand the word, as most have. I'm using best king to mean a great humanist leader, since I don't believe such a king could be considered "best" in my mind.

I personally think Marcus Aurelius was one of the best leaders in human history; at least the way he has been recorded to have thought and treated people is kind of intimately striking and remarkable to me. Abraham Lincoln was also an interesting leader. Same with George Washington and Stonewall Jackson. All great leaders. Erwin Rommel sounded like a good leader with likable morals, as well. Federick the Great was another one I enjoyed reading about.

That said, I'm going with types that lead with Jungian Fi and not necessarily MBTI Fi.