• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How did you arrive at a decision on your type?

How did you arrive at a decision on your type?

• Through taking a test (MBTI-certified or not)

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Through studying the cognitive processes (Fe, Ti, Se etc.)

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Through reading type descriptions

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • A mixture of 1 & 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A mixture of 1 & 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • A mixture of 2 & 3

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • A mixture of all three

Votes: 25 52.1%

• Total voters

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
^I'll let you know for sure at the meet up. I have an extraordinary sensor radar that goes off within a mile of any sensor. Needless to say where we live it's always going off. :thelook:

Edit: What does your gf think? She's an INTP right?

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
I don't know that I'm even completely convinced of my type yet, however, it seems most accurate at the current point in time. I know that I'm somewhere on the NT scale but much more than that, I'm not exactly sure of.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
^Based on your forum behavior I still say INTJ.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
^Based on your forum behavior I still say INTJ.

I'd still say that you're probably right. I tend not to "fit in" with other INTJs, ENTPs however, are a different story.

In reality, I'm just obsessing over it to give me something to think about, otherwise I would actually have to do my job. :dont:

Journey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I actually finally :doh: confirmed my type by using Naomi Quenk's Beside Ourselves: Our Hidden Personality in Everyday Life. My INFJ faults matched so perfectly her descriptions, while none of the other types' faults seem to fit at all. At the time I thought I was INFP, but, this opened my eyes and I accepted INFJ and then it became clearer and clearer and clearer until I couldn't believe I had ever doubted my original results of taking the professional test over 15 years ago! :shock: I could seem to see most others so clearly, but I was blind to myself. Humbled :blush:, I began the task of getting to know myself with this light. :yes:

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Edit: What does your gf think? She's an INTP right?

She thinks I'm an INTP, and has been trying to convince me to make it IXTP, as a compromise. However, even though I'm consistently placed in the "NT" categories (ENTP is usually my second highest score), and there are traits of INTPs that fit, I identify strongly with Ni, whereas Ne feels more like a learned behavior. Furthermore, chatting with ISTPs feels much more natural.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I'd still say that you're probably right. I tend not to "fit in" with other INTJs, ENTPs however, are a different story.

In reality, I'm just obsessing over it to give me something to think about, otherwise I would actually have to do my job. :dont:
INTJ's don't often get along with each other so it's not surprising that you can't relate (or fit in, whichever term you prefer) to them.

She thinks I'm an INTP, and has been trying to convince me to make it IXTP, as a compromise. However, even though I'm consistently placed in the "NT" categories (ENTP is usually my second highest score), and there are traits of INTPs that fit, I identify strongly with Ni, whereas Ne feels more like a learned behavior. Furthermore, chatting with ISTPs feels much more natural.
Or you could consider that not all INTP's are alike. Take Xander for example. He's one of the nicest INTP that I've come across online. Now of course he could be a sadistic maniac irl. :shock: ;)

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Or you could consider that not all INTP's are alike. Take Xander for example. He's one of the nicest INTP that I've come across online. Now of course he could be a sadistic maniac irl. :shock: ;)

It's true that there is a lot of diversity within a particular type. I could be an INTP with strong Ni and Se. I might even be an INFJ. I might be a round peg. I look forward to hearing your opinion.

Xander is a sadistic maniac!

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Part of MBTI administration is to read the type descriptions when you get your results to self validate them.

I did both the test and reading type descriptions. I still was sure after that so I spent subsequent months observing my natural preferences and looking for patterns.