• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTJ's and aggressive avatars

Meatbot

MBTI Type
INTP
A quick survey of the avatar choices of prominent ENTJ's I've seen around various boards:

- general
- drill sergeant
- smarmy James Dean with a cig
- western gunfighter
- ugly mean-lookin dude
- lone ranger

I notice a pattern. Do they see themselves as being like these people, or are they playing up the stereotype to make fun of themselves?

littlemissgiggles

MBTI Type
entj
Enneagram
I would guess the latter. Do these people have similar avatars on forums that aren't about personality theory? If not, then they're probably just saying "hey, guess what, I'm an ENTJ! I'm supposed to be all mean and bossy and stuff, so here's a stereotypical image of that!"

If they truly pick avatars based on their actual personalities or things they identify with, wouldn't other types tend to have similar avatars?

Just a thought, OT...is there a type most likely to have a photo of themselves as their avatar?

Meatbot

MBTI Type
INTP
Do these people have similar avatars on forums that aren't about personality theory? If not, then they're probably just saying "hey, guess what, I'm an ENTJ! I'm supposed to be all mean and bossy and stuff, so here's a stereotypical image of that!"
My first inclination is to say they idolize these types of people and want to be like that, so they choose based on that. Making fun of themselves doesn't seem ENTJ to me. On the other hand, I could see them trying to get a rise out of people though.

If they truly pick avatars based on their actual personalities or things they identify with, wouldn't other types tend to have similar avatars?
Probably different types tend to choose for different reasons. Like how lots of F's have bunnies, fairies and mermaids because they just like that stuff. I chose mine to disgust people, kind of like how boys throw bugs on girls they like.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
We must do a study on this!

Stratified random sample based on type of the chosen avatars... umm...

I think my statistics class has invaded my brain. Either way, why don't you mosey on down to the NT rationale and ask? Or do they scare you too much?

Then again, there are some people who just pick stuff they like rather than what they think fits them. Again, F types might like bunnies, while 'mean looking' stuff might have appeal to ENTJs rather than them actually comparing themselves to them. I've personally never based avatar choice on 'what suits me' and just go by what I like.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Never had such an avatar, I think drill sergeants are not cool enough. Neither are cowboys.

Often, I have my face as avatar.

Meatbot

MBTI Type
INTP

Here's the breakdown for ENTJs with 11 total avatars:

Aggressive/Angry: 5
Staring Eyeballs: 2
Miscellaneous: 4

Personally, the eyes are coming off like they are challenging me so I'll lump them with the aggressives. That means 64% of all ENTJ avatars are aggressive. In fact, that cartoon dude looks like a warrior so maybe it's higher. Not sure what's going on with the "bikes" avatar but I'm guessing there was a fight.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like avatars I think represent ENTJ well, and often they reflect on my character as well.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I know! This one guy has this cartoon figure with a big cigar in his mouth..quite intimidating, if I may add. :(

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Lol.. I picked my current avatar BEFORE finding out my type is ENTJ. But it fits the general ENTJ theme, does it not? :D

MBTI Type
INxJ
Here's the breakdown for ENTJs with 11 total avatars:

Aggressive/Angry: 5
Staring Eyeballs: 2
Miscellaneous: 4

Personally, the eyes are coming off like they are challenging me so I'll lump them with the aggressives. That means 64% of all ENTJ avatars are aggressive. In fact, that cartoon dude looks like a warrior so maybe it's higher. Not sure what's going on with the "bikes" avatar but I'm guessing there was a fight.

Your hilarious. :D

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
A quick survey of the avatar choices of prominent ENTJ's I've seen around various boards:

- general
- drill sergeant
- smarmy James Dean with a cig
- western gunfighter
- ugly mean-lookin dude
- lone ranger

I notice a pattern. Do they see themselves as being like these people, or are they playing up the stereotype to make fun of themselves?
I have noticed that, too!
I don't know why they do it. All I know is that when I see an aggressive type avatar, it's a good guess it belongs to an ENTJ.

heart

heart on fire
That maybe so, but it's still denotes "power" He is aiming a gun, ready to fire.

But it's power that is disciplined and directed for good. He's not just looking to butt heads with other head butters. :D

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
But it's power that is disciplined and directed for good. He's not just looking to butt heads with other head butters. :D
I love the Lone Ranger.
And Tonto. :wubbie:

Alpha Prime

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
XXXX
That maybe so, but it's still denotes "power" He is aiming a gun, ready to fire.

Why, hello there!

I'm afraid you're right, unless you bake me cookies, NOW!

Lol.. I picked my current avatar BEFORE finding out my type is ENTJ. But it fits the general ENTJ theme, does it not? :D

It's also one of the better ones I've seen on this forum.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread is old.

However, it does raise a good point.

I sometimes have avatars on other forums where I basically take the piss out of a subject or person or something. But on here, I've pretty much only had Rommel, who was the greatest general ever, and Daniel Plainview from There Will Be Blood, because not only is the film in my top ten, but also because I thoroughly enjoy watching Daniel Day-Lewis do another thrilling job of portraying a mean, ugly individual. I thought the film was such a masterpiece, and I appreciated the acting so much, that I wanted to express said appreciation on here, hence the avatar.

Currently, I've got a picture of Zhukov. I was running out of people and things to admire on all my forums, but I decided that this forum hasn't had a taste of Soviet awesomeness yet (in fact, Zhukov is probably the only good thing to have come out of the Soviet Union).