• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which MBTI Type do you not get along with?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I get along with all MBTI types. Types are no issue for me. Individual persons, however, can be, regardless of type.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Haters gonna hate while you continue on as a spiteful little worm. & the emboldened is in and of itself an immensely stupid thing to say. Type has zero to do with intelligence. This is common knowledge.

Now what if I told you that stupid people have a very good memory and are usually physically strong (unless they're retarded stupid).
Theres a good chance of you being at least average or above in terms of physical capabillities.

I'm not saying ISTPs are intrinsically stupid, but rather compared to their N counterpart. I actually think ISTP intelligence is actually above average.

And no, of course intelligence isn't type related, right?
We all know Einstein, Darwin and Socrates were total ESFJs, right?
Not to mention that Kasparov and Newton were total ESFPs, right?
RIIIGHT...

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Out of all the types, I mostly dislike xSTJ's. Funny thing is, one of my best friends is an ESTJ :shock:

I love animals. He want's to kill them.
I'm all about mercy. He's about justice.
I get sad when someone dies. He laughs.

I don't think all ESTJ's are like this, I think it just might be my friend xD.

The difference is
The ISTJ would always follow the rules, no matter what society thinks of it.
The ESTJ however is more concerned with their reputation in society and wouldn't follow the rules if it made them look bad.

For that reason, I heavily prefer ISTJs.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Now what if I told you that stupid people have a very good memory and are usually physically strong (unless they're retarded stupid).
Theres a good chance of you being at least average or above in terms of physical capabillities.

I'm not saying ISTPs are intrinsically stupid, but rather compared to their N counterpart. I actually think ISTP intelligence is actually above average.

And no, of course intelligence isn't type related, right?
We all know Einstein, Darwin and Socrates were total ESFJs, right?
Not to mention that Kasparov and Newton were total ESFPs, right?
RIIIGHT...

The last point you made was kind of hard to argue with, to swallow my pride and be truthful. Anyway, say all you want about other ISTPs, but while I do have great memory, I am only physically average and often find myself keeping up to speed on many N focused topics (this is not to say they always interest me, but I can follow and add useful content). Could this be powerful tertiary Ni? I believe so.

Jaguar

I can find a moron and a genius within the same type category. I can find a sadistic psychopath and a benevolent humanitarian within the same type category. So, exactly how does one answer your question?

Cygnus

The difference is
The ISTJ would always follow the rules, no matter what society thinks of it.
The ESTJ however is more concerned with their reputation in society and wouldn't follow the rules if it made them look bad.

For that reason, I heavily prefer ISTJs.

Si-dominants (like Ni-dominants) are predominantly oriented in their Introverted Perception. They see the world through this "lens" of Pi, and use Te or Fe (their Je function) only as a means to the end of "preserving" their inner state as defined by Pi.

Si has no concern for "rules" because it is Irrational. Irrational functions make no assumptions or judgments, they simply filter and perceive information. The endgame goal of a Pi-dom's use of Je is to protect the state of their internalized perception of reality, more often than not by inaction, but by action whenever they deem it necessary.

An ESTJ might care about the "rules" in his immediate environment if they integrate his Te, his external judgment of actions and situations based on logic -- these external "rules" may involve social structures and the achievement of status and fame. However, in doing so, he would abandon the internal system of order and objectivity as defined by Ti, and risks behaving in ways that are hypocritical or logically contradictory because they are consistent with his immediate logical surroundings.
Contrast this with a Ti-dominant, who follows a consistent internal system of order and objectivity. All of his actions have an unbiased, logical basis behind them, and he will stalwartly follow these principles to a fault, but risks clashing with the logical rules in his environment in terms of Te.

If you wish to find a relationship between "rule-following" and any type, you should associate it with Rational functions, especially Introverted Rational.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I think commutation is unattractive between me and sensing perceivers. They don't get my Ne side. The thing about SP is that they focus on their external details. If I were at a park, they would be thinking about Se world. In their image of the park, the park looks like a park and nothing else. Ne thinks about the possibilities and what could be.

Raspberry_rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've never met an INTP or INFJ to my knowledge but I can get along outwardly with pretty much any other type, I genuinely love people as individuals and like to find the good in every individual. With that said, I REALLY struggle with SJ types. Don't get me wrong, I have some dearly loved SJ family members and several SJ friends that I spend a lot of time with, but from what I've seen, we really just seem to clash or they just don't understand me a bit. They're very down to earth, simple life loving, here and now types. I on the other hand (NP) need to be able to work with numerous perspectives, have adventure, and focus on more than just day to day life. I LOVE my SJ friends and family but that difference in worldview can really cause a struggle. Worst case scenario they see me as weird or impractical, I see them as boring or shallow. Best case scenario I get them to explore the world and they help me stay focused on what's practically important. :)