• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best example of opposite types I've EVER seen: ENTJ talking to an ISFJ

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here's the podcast. It's Penelope trunk (somewhat of a "famous" online persona) and she's being interviewed by a want-a-be online persona (ie make money online). She's an admitted ENTJ and he's also an admitted ISFJ (who stupidly thinks he wants an ENTP entrepreneur lifestyle). The hilarity of their contrasting styles starts around minute 10 or 12 (should skip the first 10 minutes or so).

http://www.endingthegrind.com/podcast/penelopeTrunk.mp3

The comments are just as funny. Some people thought the ENTJ was "yelling" haha. Butt hurt SJs. Then there's the more lucid people who saw the ISFJ as delusional.
http://www.endingthegrind.com/etg-podcast-22-penelope-trunk-calls-bullshit/

I have an ISFJ boss, and I could hear all the same speech mannerisms. I could not stop laughing.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wish I could take this more seriously, except that when I heard them talk before the 10 minute mark, I thought that she was the ISFJ and he was the ENTJ. After 10 minutes, I saw a different opposite type dynamic: she sounds like a very Te heavy ESTJ and he sounds like an INFP. But even if that doesn't hold true, I think this is way more an example of the contrast between J and P. Reminds me way too much of a couple of conversations I've tried to have about "where I'm going in life" with an ETJ, which I've practically had to end in "I'm way too P for you to waste this slot in your schedule for" :tongue:

I only listened until like 15 minutes, but why is it stupid for him to want to be an entrepreneur?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I didn't know there were type relations in mbti.

Usehername

On a mission
haha I loved this interview. I heard it back when it came out.

She was incredibly blunt at the end but only because the first 10 times she said it politely he didn't hear it.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wish I could take this more seriously, except that when I heard them talk before the 10 minute mark, I thought that she was the ISFJ and he was the ENTJ. After 10 minutes, I saw a different opposite type dynamic: she sounds like a very Te heavy ESTJ and he sounds like an INFP. But even if that doesn't hold true, I think this is way more an example of the contrast between J and P. Reminds me way too much of a couple of conversations I've tried to have about "where I'm going in life" with an ETJ, which I've practically had to end in "I'm way too P for you to waste this slot in your schedule for" :tongue:

I only listened until like 15 minutes, but why is it stupid for him to want to be an entrepreneur?

There's a reason I said to START at 10 min! The 2nd half is way better. Also, in HER website, she says she's ENTJ. On HiS website, he mentions he's ISFJ (in a comment section). I'm simply taking them at their word (dangerous I know). I definitely got the ISFJ or ISFP vibe from him in that "I'm an introvert, but in that still outgoing but quiet frat guy" way. You'll either know what I mean or not. It's not logical. Just go with it :D

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
"you should look at people's lives, and find someone's life that you like, and then think about how they make money, and how you could make money like they do to have their life."

"why though? why? you don't have any goal [...] you cannot be spending any time on this blog when you don't have a goal for it. it's a waste of time!"

:laugh: these are so stereotypical.

god she drives me nuts. she's abrasive and is forcing him into her paradigms. "either you're good with people or you're a writer". bullshiiiiiit. i have a hard time relating to her at all... i like reading her blog, though.

i've also just realized that i think my aunt is ENTJ and not ENFP like i initially thought.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"you should look at people's lives, and find someone's life that you like, and then think about how they make money, and how you could make money like they do to have their life."

I actually really like her point of "you can't have his life" in the sense that a lot of the time we might not actually want ***that*** life if we really thought about it. for instance, if Kesha wanted to sing her unreleased songs where she can actually sing (I'm serious http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u29qK84uvI ) she wouldn't be able to have the life she has now. Reversed i also know a pro baseball player who actually gets frustrated with how his life is so "different" from everyone. For some people it's a good idea to work backwards from "the life" that goes with certain jobs and income levels. It also can give you confidence for lower income jobs "well so and so does alright, I'd like his life... Maybe I could be happy and make ends meet as a ______ (some type of career known for starving).

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i went through and read a bunch and i actually LOVE her blog. isn't that funny? i don't think i would like her IRL at all but i really like her work.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She is completely obnoxious. People listen to this person?

But she does say some intelligent things.And some stupid things. last time I checked, mbti is not a score and doesn't tell you your strengths.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She's too simplistic for me. That's often my complaint with Te-doms. Their "advice" is to state the obvious.

It seems to me this guy's issue is fear. He needs to get past emotional obstacles, but she was focusing on "factual" stuff. Notice how he keeps saying "anyway..." in response to her questions. He has answers, ideas, clear goals, but he simply is freezing up in response to her approach.

I don't find her offensive, just dense.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She is completely obnoxious. People listen to this person?

But she does say some intelligent things.And some stupid things. last time I checked, mbti is not a score and doesn't tell you your strengths.

A lot of the most "successful" bloggers only make money by blogging about how they make money from blogging. Same somewhat goes for Tim ferris. So people do listen to her... But it's basically a bunch of bloggers trying to play king of the hill (id think the amount of blogging money out there is somewhat zero sum).

I also fully agree that her interpretation of MBTI was flawed... But it just seemed like such a good ETJ vs IF convo...

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My first post in years... I log back in to my account and stumble on this gem of a quote from this thread.

I've had soooo many careers, that I wish I had really understood that quote when I was much younger. I am finally happy with my day to day life as a software engineer, but I've had a lot of jobs (or aspired to certain jobs), that I would never had done had I really thought about the day to day.

careers / job / majors / etc that I would have avoided pursuing:
- medical doctor --> sounds like: 'house' --> actual: insurance forms
- management consulting --> sounds like: glorious travel and solving problems --> actual: living in airports
- investment banking --> sounds like: make tons of money --> actual: overnight spread sheet updater
- commodities trader --> sounds like: solve puzzles --> actual: extremely stressful and lonely
- financial analyst --> sounds like: make good insights --> actual: networking networking networking
- high school teacher --> sounds like: summers off, less stress, causal --> actual: surrogate parent responsibility but none of the authority.
- tennis pro

Had I just taken a moment to think "okay, that job sounds like ____, but the actual day to day will be more like _____; do I want to do that?". I would have been much much happier earlier in life haha.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Here's the podcast. It's Penelope trunk (somewhat of a "famous" online persona) and she's being interviewed by a want-a-be online persona (ie make money online). She's an admitted ENTJ and he's also an admitted ISFJ (who stupidly thinks he wants an ENTP entrepreneur lifestyle)
define entp entrepreneur lifestyle? As opposed to say, entj entrepreneur lifestyle?

The comments are just as funny. Some people thought the ENTJ was "yelling" haha. Butt hurt SJs. Then there's the more lucid people who saw the ISFJ as delusional.

While personality certainly influences the way people communicate I don't think there was anything 'wrong' with the guy. He seemed a bit naive but perhaps he was just looking for a way out of the monotony of his employed lifestyle.

notdoingwork

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
She seems more like SEE/ESFP(Socionics) due to how forceful she is. She also mentions so much about her personal life in her blog, I notice a lot of ESFPs and ENFPs are fairly public with their personal life which to me appears to be very Fi thing to do. Her simplistic attitude makes her appear like a dunce, if life was this simple, I would be a billionaire. I think her blunt confident attitude is why she is so successful.