• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you like most and least about INTJs and INTPs

yupitsme

MBTI Type
intx
What do you like the least about INTJs?

What do you like the most about INTJs?

If you are an INTJ, what do you like the least about being an INTJ?

If you are an INTJ, what do you like the most about being an INTJ?

What do you like the least about INTPs?

What do you like the most about INTPs?

If you are an INTP, what do you like the least about being an INTP?

If you are an INTP, what do you like the most about being an INTP?

Jade Heart

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
Like the least about INTJs: They can be extremely stuck up and arrogant when they're right about something that someone else was wrong about (most INTJs I've met, I've mostly met aholes)
Like the most: They are more organized than I, in my opinion. They can get things done in a much more timely fashion and still have time left to gloat about it (or not).
Like the least about INTPs: They (we) can be so easily distracted sometimes and they don't really know how to socialize like others either (I could look at it the other way and say that's the best thing about us, but mustn't be too proud :))
Like the most about INTPs: They can cram work into one night and still get an okay, while some poor other soul has worked their tail off the whole week and gets a meh. Also, they frequently bring up many interesting and unexpected topics in casual conversation.
What I like most about being an INTP?
Others look at me gazing vacantly into space and assume I am an idiot who knows nothing about real life, who sucks at paying attention to people and is sometimes insensitive. I have been working on the insensitive part, and I hope I've progressed a little. However, I think about things that other people tell me they don't think about. Nobody I know thinks about nuclear radiation, frog habitats, and voice orchestras (my own invention) as much as I do, and they don't think about it the way I do. I can't explain it well, but I somehow think of something differently than someone else I know thinks of it. I can see how they reach their conclusion, but then I analyze it and find my own buried underneath the surface. I also have the aforementioned cramming ability, so that is a big plus in my INTPhood.
What I don't like about myself, though, is that I can't converse the way others do. I can't capture attention, nor can I talk about things in an excited enough tone for them to stick around long enough to get to know me more. I also can't be motivated sometimes. I know I should do it, but I have no idea how to go about it, so I just wait, sometimes for too long.
P.S. : I am well aware that nobody has posted in this thread for years (~3.5) but I don't care ;)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Their independence and confidence.

Their arrogance and their unapproachability. (The less healthy ones)

Their laziness and social awkwardness. (Again, the less healthy ones)

Their depth of thought and their intellectual curiosity. Their offbeat sense of humor.

If you are an INTP, what do you like the least about being an INTP?

Tendency to be lazy and impractical. I feel like an underachiever in life, not accomplishing enough in the real world.

If you are an INTP, what do you like the most about being an INTP?

My analytical skills, my insight and ability to see beyond the surface, my curiosity, my ability to question the norms.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They can adhere too ridgidly to their way of thinking.

Their ability to give practical advice.

Too detached.

Cute. :wubbie:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Their independence and confidence.

Their arrogance and their unapproachability. (The less healthy ones)
Seems backwards, unless you have unusual taste in people.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most definitely their Fi hidden agenda (if I am allowed to bring Socionics into this). They can be way to stubborn with their ideals and overly picky with who they choose to appeal to and actually be pleasant around. Especially when they're enneagram ones. >.<

When they actually consider you a close friend, they can be the most thoughtful and romantic cuties. <3 (so I guess healthy Fi rather than what I described above?)

They always assume I know what the hell they're talking about... they seem to always be oblivious to the character of who they're talking to.

They're the most adorable type honestly. I love them. Their inferior Fe speaks to me, and their Ne is so quirky and lovable.

á´…eparted

passages

It really depends on the individual INTJ, but the thing that annoys me most is when they ignore subjective people-dymanic contexts as if it doesn't exist because it isn't objective. In particular in situations where that's clearly the problem.

No-nonsense cut through bullshit attitude, and the ability to see right to the heart of the matter in nothing flat.

Everything's a debate. Everything. Makes me nope out of there instantly.

TIL this was not readily apparent to me and took quite a bit of thought :mellow:.

With proper discernment (which is KEY), the ability to stay insulated from faulty outside influences.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Most about INTPs- can be fascinating and quick witted.

Least about INTPs- a tendency to maybe be 'forceful' or particular about certain social niceties. Like a singular focus on implementing or following certain 'standards'.

Most about INTJs- I really like INTJ's for the most part for some reason. Their ability to go in depth into so many topics. And really just this sense that... They are invested in most if not all of what they are saying- theres more really

Least about INTJ's- can be tempermental and or bulldozing. Louder- might go into bursts of uh... Inferior Se where their presence can seem to grow and just be intimidating by force of that alone- making for the potential of the other- or me... Disregarding content/ guess can be intimidating...i guess i just dislike anything maybe i percieve as a type.. Unhealthily, acting through their inferior

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They have dirty neckbeards and smell like ramen.

SteinitzGamgbit

1) There's not much to complain. Except they're not very outgoing and don't like following rules.
2) Everything else. They can do anything they want.
3) --
4) --
5) Liberals. Lazy. Messy. Hard to talk with.
6) Geniuses. We need more.
7) --
8) --