• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing Inanimate Objects

E

Epiphany

I figured this would be a good way to encourage typological discourse and discover who the best typist on the forum is, once and for all.

Let's start off with this typewriter.

I think it's an ISTJ 5w6 sx/sp. I wasn't entirely certain about its variant, but I'm getting a very sexual vibe from it and I'm rarely wrong about anything.

4509PH01.jpg

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it's an ISTJ 5w6 sx/sp. I wasn't entirely certain about its variant, but I'm getting a very sexual vibe from it and I'm rarely wrong about anything.

4509PH01.jpg

Really? I thought it was more of a type 2w3 soc/sx, to be honest. At the time it was made it was trying to be helpful and well liked (because it got money for it, but that's besides the point).

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I figured this would be a good way to encourage typological discourse and discover who the best typist on the forum is, once and for all.

4509PH01.jpg

Close, but I think you've missed the mark. It's clearly an ISFJ. A typewriter would be very emotionally expressive, I think. I'm getting a very wistful, security-seeking yet creative vibe from it.

What about this canyon? My guess is ESTP 7w6, sp/so. Not sure about the enneagram wing.

Fingers.jpg

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Alright, let me establish something lcear here first; I am almost vitually opposed to typing via a 'vibe'; I feel that is a cheap (and often inaccurate) method in which to type as opposed to, you know, taking into careful consideration what type actually fits best. That said, analysis of an object, comparison to the functions/motivations/etc., and reasoning with credible evidence are what allow for accurate typology, not vibes and hunaches.

So lets analyze the typewriter. What is the typewriter? Well it can be many things actually, depending on how you perceive it, but lets look at the qualities associated with it that are completely objective. Typewriters are but tools for writing of course, mechanical, designed to operate solely by our convenience and need. The type writer does not predict nor generates any sort of idea, it doesn't allow us to see new horizens nor realize different perspectives, so Ni and Ne are out of the equation. Fi is non existent, as is Fe. It's not Se either, as it isn't an object designed to take action in the immedaite context of the present world, and it isn't a puzzle device that forces any sort of sensical thought process of its user. It's two main functions are Si and Te; its design is to follow a relaible structure and serve the user of it in a simple and reliable manner, always remaining what it is whenever utilized; this is an Si-Te combo par excellence. AS for tert function, I'd actually go with Ne, since theoretically it allows ideas and oppertunities upon the writer whom uses it; a typewriter can open many doors for those whom use it. So a typewriter is ESTJ. Enneagram wise, its design is pure servitude and ultra-reliance. It's not a loving object, nor one of great glory nor emotion; so 2, 3, and 4 are out. It's really an onject of power, nor one of peace, or fun, or perfection. I'd say overall it best resembles a dutiful 6, ever waiting for one to do its bidding, himble and trustworthy in both design and function. Wings 5 because of its solitary and logical nature. So its a 6w5. As for instinct varient, I see no visible sx; sp first seems to fit its grounded and safe design/function, followed by so. So it's sp/so.

So overall, the typewriter is ESTJ p6w5 sp/so.

Also, it's a fucking inanimate object, so it can't be typed :tongue:

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What about this canyon? My guess is ESTP 7w6, sp/so. Not sure about the enneagram wing.

Fingers.jpg

How could it be a 7? 7s are always trying to escape pain, but canyons can't move. Maybe it is a 8w9. Dominates the landscape, but as said before, no 7 in it at all.

I agree though that it is definitely a dominant Se type.

E

Epiphany

I have long felt that typology transcends mere human beings, anime cartoons and one-dimensional characters. I literally type every object in my physical environment and refer to them as such. Sometimes, I have to turn the ESFP 3w4 so/sx off because there is nothing interesting to watch or I spend way too much time surfing the internet on this INTP 6w5 sp/so. It's weird...I know.

Incidentally, I suck at typology.

mustacheman

MBTI Type
ENFP

Wait, did you mean typing inanimate objects or typing ON inanimate objects?

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ice-cream.jpg

ESFP (It is just overflowing with Se!)

mustacheman

MBTI Type
ENFP
How could it be anything but? It's happy to just be where it is and wait for everyone to come to it. All deep and mysterious and beckoning and hiding a world inside. It can't even get outside of itself actually. Well other than by evaporation.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How could it be a 7? 7s are always trying to escape pain, but canyons can't move. Maybe it is a 8w9. Dominates the landscape, but as said before, no 7 in it at all.

I agree though that it is definitely a dominant Se type.

Why not a 7? I see the canyon as definitely more adventurous, less aggressive. Canyons DO grow and change though...maybe it disintegrates to another type under stress?

E

Epiphany

There is some great feedback in this thread. I would like to see more instinctual variants tossed around. Until the objects actually take a personality assessment for themselves, however, it's all idle speculation. Still, I think we are really edifying the community as a whole and refining our own understanding of typology.