• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what types are least capabale of successfully typing other people's types

Thinkist

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My guesses of others' MBTI isn't half bad, and gets better with experience, so don't rule out ISTP as the worst guesser so fast.

S

SingSmileShine

I can hit the nail on the head when I know them very well, but I'm not that kind of person who can be given a brief description of a person and say that they're an ISFP 4w5 sp/sx. I feel like it would be easier if my Sensing were stronger, because I'd be more aware of their habits and whatnot. I also feel like Judgers may be better, according to the descriptional Judger.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From the title alone I'd say whatever type Xzibit is. :whistling:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTP(explanation of why it could be ISTP as I dont like the normal ISTP reasons) - its not normally a part of our personality to define any "typings" we see. We simply see things that remind us of other people, but dont go beyond that to define and "type". I will play with those things I notice, but I dont really seperate as to me everyone is different even within the same type as everyone has a different background. As Z had stated in another thread, we dont create definitions so it makes it hard for us to explain ourselves at times. Doesnt mean we dont use it once we learn as we are the masters of tools and it becomes a tool, but we arent really one to "define". Once we learn we are no longer the least capable.

The least perceptive types would be the type least likely to be capable. How do you type without first percieving who the person is.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any type Mal12345 and sleuthiness are.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like simply "Wrong" as a one liner...its blunt with no explanation what so ever.

Only cry cuz dont read other posts

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Only cry cuz dont read other posts

The responses to those are the most interesting...does the person attack you, defend themselves, ask why you think I am wrong. I would say the person who attacks probably is the least capable of typing as they are the least perceptive and the person who asks is the most likely capable. Of course notice the keywords...probably and most likely. As some may do it for fun just to see how you respond.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
The responses to those are the most interesting...does the person attack you, defend themselves, ask why you think I am wrong. I would say the person who attacks probably is the least capable of typing as they are the least perceptive and the person who asks is the most likely capable. Of course notice the keywords...probably and most likely. As some may do it for fun just to see how you respond.

Explanation?

Why would value judgment being inferior be relevant to this? Im pretty good at typing, one time i met this guy(friend of friend) and i was able to type him correctly after what ever time it takes to smoke one spliff, barely evn talked to him and both of us were drunk and stoned.

Give me a reason why value judgmemt should have anything to do with this.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
During this big string of people taking the test on facebook, I normally guessed 2-3/ 4 of dicotomies correct for most of my FB pals. I could call an SJ pretty fast, and most of them were SJ's actually. Sometimes I had the functions correct but flipped around a bit so that I would guess the wrong type completely but the correct functions. (Like I would say "ISTJ" and see that they tested "INFP" or something.)

In nursing school we did a color test which I've talked about a few times on here which generally lumped people SJ, SP, NF, NT. (I ended up in SJ's by accident though from the testing, a few of us did and then realized we were in the wrong group- nature of nursing school is that it will bring out your SJ functions well). I overall had guessed the class pretty correct aside from a few mishaps. (Like I was 100% positive this lady was an INFJ but she ended up with SP's, ISFP maybe? Or mistested?) So I still leave an open mind but I know I'm not so terrible at the basics.

I was actually really happy to have the opportunity to see MBTI type stuff in action in more "general population" situations and I hope it happens again sometime, it's fun! And like a much more unbiased test of typing ability.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
oh, yeah, I read that...I just like the blunt "wrong" its just funny to me.

Okay. I thought you were one of those retards who try to attack me with every chance they got and fail..

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay. I thought you were one of those retards who try to attack me with every chance they got and fail..

wrong...:laugh:

Never tried attacking...umm arguing...with you for fun :thinking:

G

garbage

still looking for a good definition of "successfully typing"

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
still looking for a good definition of "successfully typing"
That was my question too. You can compare to their self-assessment, but most people don't look further than the (often inaccurate) online tests or best case, descriptions. Even if they get an official assessment (and who here has?), I don't think those are infallible either. It depends how well you know yourself as well as how easily you fall into one of the boxes.

I could wager a guess as to which type likes to think they know other people the best :)laugh:), but I'm not sure you can accurately measure whether you are actually getting the right impression or not..

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There are certain types for me that are easier to type then others. The stereotypical people are the easiest to type :laugh:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I'm pretty good at reading people, but pretty bad at placing them in preset categories, definitions and applications of which are contradictory from one person and source to the next. If mbti were objective, that would be one thing, but it's not, so I'm the first to admit I have no idea how to determine what type to place most people in. I have no idea which system to use, as there's little solidity and consistency even between those who consider themselves experts.

Also, although some people are pretty strong in one or even all categories (whether dichotomy or cog function), I think many waffle in grayer zones where they don't have crystal clear preferences in one or more. At least in the sense preference/mbti is talked about and practiced on this forum. And in those cases, I question the need to even bother with placement in one set type. What purpose would that achieve in the end?

CashmanGreen

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
A weak point of "sf"s is objective problem solving. SFs can execute an a problem if some one tells them how or mimic others behavior, but they lack in creative thinking and the objective problem solving that is necessary to understand what goes through anothers head when you are and intoverted SF and not as open to new information as p types, theoretically putting isfj's at a disadvantage. side note: i think entps may be inherently better at reading people and they are opposite to isfjs.