• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NZ government to bar certain Types from becoming teachers.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
This government is very anti-teachers, they see them as too soft, too creative/abstract, and not focused enough results and on objectifying the kids and their results.

So teachers who don't notice how their students are feeling, don't have any creativity (bye bye most arts and sciences) and are results focussed rather than learning focussed are going to improve New Zealand's education system? I think they need a personality test to decide whether the people who are choosing the personality traits are right.

wolfy

awsm
Which personality test?

It might just be one that is tailored to rule out those who are aggressive, have little patience etc. Basically characteristics that make people ill suited towards teaching.

Yeah, but who would teach P.E? I wonder what the test is testing, seems the word type is used loosely in that article. A few traits maybe...

wolfy

awsm
Yes, I'm sure I'd make a great PE teacher.

Are you aggressive with little patience? You know... I don't think I'd have the patience to be a PE teacher and I think the kids would drive me crazy. I don't know how they do it. All teachers.

wolfy

awsm
This government is very anti-teachers, they see them as too soft, too creative/abstract, and not focused enough results and on objectifying the kids and their results.

So say goodbye to all the Fs, Ns, and Ps I suppose.

I don't remember teachers as being all that soft. I remember getting strapped for laughing and talking when I was told my writing was too messy.

I was being creative, honestly.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Don't forget the ENTP science teacher! :)

How the teachers do it: they treat it as a performance job. It's just like being a pop star. Without the star allure, that's true, but in the place you get to perform really cool experiments. No pop star can beat my "Turn a Television" experiment! Sadly I can't do it now because I'm not teaching physics.
But "Add sodium metal to water" is a very cool experiment too... I'm looking forward to show that one. And next week the students are going to make an explosive gas. (Ethyne. They have experience with hydrogen, so no worries... right?)

A

Anew Leaf

Don't forget the ENTP science teacher! :)

How the teachers do it: they treat it as a performance job. It's just like being a pop star. Without the star allure, that's true, but in the place you get to perform really cool experiments. No pop star can beat my "Turn a Television" experiment! Sadly I can't do it now because I'm not teaching physics.
But "Add sodium metal to water" is a very cool experiment too... I'm looking forward to show that one. And next week the students are going to make an explosive gas. (Ethyne. They have experience with hydrogen, so no worries... right?)

:laugh: My ENTP buddy is the physics teacher at a local high school. I am pretty sure he is the epitome of clueless eccentric science teacher. Last year he was very upset because some of the students dressed as him for halloween. He thought they were doing it out of "Wow Mr. ENTP is the GREATEST!" but instead, he discovered, that they were just mocking him. Poor little enthusiastic ENTP.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is dumb. Wow.
Limiting a child's environment in this way cannot possibly produce a good result. What does NZ want? Homogeneous drones?

So say goodbye to all the Fs, Ns, and Ps I suppose.

Wow, what are they building? A Hitleresque society?

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Eh, it doesn't even say what sort of personality test it is. I doubt it's something like MBTI. If it is, I doubt this will pass. You guys are overreacting imo.

redacted

We have no idea what kind of test this is.... it could just be testing for sadistic traits or other things that are clearly bad for students.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
We have no idea what kind of test this is.... it could just be testing for sadistic traits or other things that are clearly bad for students.

That's what I think it is too. I don't like national, but let's not jump to conclusions.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
It doesn't matter what kind of test it is, this is social engineering, plain and simple.