• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Effects of Type Consciousness

spartan26

MBTI Type
INTP
Well, it's definitely helped with understanding and acceptance of self. I allow myself the freedom to let my mind wander without beating myself up, for example. I've learned some, not a lot, of what turns people off by INTPs. Like it's more in the forefront of my mind to talk at social gatherings, whether I want to or not. I still think it sux. A guy where I work invited a few people over to his cousin's to watch the Mayweather-De La Hoya fight, which was cool to go hang but then Tuesday he mentions how his cousin ordered the UFC Rampage-Liddell fight. "We were going to call you but my cousin didn't think you enjoyed yourself the last time."

WTF! Do I have to pull up the transcript for the evening to do a comparitive word count? I'm sure I wasn't the quietest one there. And it's not that I ever want to watch Ultimate Fighting or spend every weekend out, I particularily hate the judging and assumptions of others. That was hardly the first time. After a dept lunch, one co-worker was telling me how others asked her, "Does Spartan ever speak?" Such an undeserved pejorative considering I wasn't feeling well and all they were doing was gossiping, anyway.

I've kinda got a better understanding of various types and letter combination and that's helped me of late. Earlier in the month they had a Myers-Briggs course at work. This was the first time I really understood the difference between S & N. S's tend to read things as they appear. I also realize I could be prone to making things overly complicated. So I know or at least can spot the times when I get upset or frustrated over what I feel is making needless explanations to something I feel is self explanatory. Then when the first question comes I can give more of an overview as opposed to sucking in my breath and thinking, "Are you really that (*%&)# stupid?"

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
At first, felt comfortable. But the criticisms came in thick and fast as I learned about Jung's cognitive functions. They seem to fit me better.

And...I agree with not using typology as an excuse.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
it has helped me to pay more attentions on things im lacking, so im able to work more out of my comfort zone in constructive ways

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
It has really made me feel less alone. As an INTP (even unknowingly), I have had a really hard time forming attachments and focusing on anything. I'm more of a dreamer, and I get depressed because I feel so alone most of the time. Having Fe as an inferior function may make me far more competent than if I had inferior thinking or something, but I do feel things in extremes or not at all. I shift constantly from absolute (unsettling to observers) apathy to passion (that I can't handle) and sometimes even tear up a little, which is just humiliating as an 18 year old male. Knowing that there are others with similar problems and strengths really helps me to accept myself. That might be using type as an excuse, but I need something to tell me that I'm okay just being me.

Jaguar

pure fucking embarrassment. to this day, i've only come across one self-proclaimed ENTP that doesn't rub me wrong.

i've decided the rest of them just typed themselves wrong.

You're one of the ENTPs I actually like, so what does that mean? :newwink: