• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Few Observations on Fundamental Differences between Types

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^Beat me to it :laugh:

[MENTION=13589]mal12345[/MENTION], if you are talking about extreme intuition dominants having no interest in the present and not at all connecting possibility and reality, have you seen this in both N orientations?

redacted

You don't have to lack skills on one side of dichotomy to prefer the other.

The whole idea of an Fe approach to a math problem is kinda absurd.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm a Sensor, I'm terrible at maths, details and rote learning.

Discuss.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You don't have to lack skills on one side of dichotomy to prefer the other.

The whole idea of an Fe approach to a math problem is kinda absurd.

Yeah. I think it all comes down to what motivates someone to do well. I have known Fe-doms to do something that they hated or was difficult for them because they were able to re-frame it. They may have wanted good grades, wanted to please someone important to them (or above them), etc, and that was sufficient to do well even if they lacked interest or aptitude.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't oversimplify anything. I described people I knew. Some of you are misinterpreting that as a description of types.

redacted

I didn't oversimplify anything. I described people I knew. Some of you are misinterpreting that as a description of types.

I was responding to:

It's difficult for me to imagine what an Fe often goes through when broaching a math problem. But from what I understand, the Fe tries to humanize everything. Imagine if you would a rising sun emanating happy little rays of light and with a smiley face drawn on it, and myriad other examples.

An EFJ approaching a math problem would just use Thinking (and iNtuition). They're not somehow limited by their preference for Fe in the average situation. It's not like an Fe dom can't realize that Fe isn't going to solve the problem for them...

If you really like hammers and someone asks you to tighten a screw, you're not gonna freak out because you can't use a hammer -- you'll just use a screwdriver.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was responding to:

An EFJ approaching a math problem would just use Thinking (and iNtuition). They're not somehow limited by their preference for Fe in the average situation. It's not like an Fe dom can't realize that Fe isn't going to solve the problem for them...

If you really like hammers and someone asks you to tighten a screw, you're not gonna freak out because you can't use a hammer -- you'll just use a screwdriver.

My OP distinguishes pure types, not (for example) Fe types using Ti or some other function.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
if you manage to make a realist out of mal123, I'll call you my fav super heroine :)

I am thinking about people I've known as examples of pure types; a few weeks ago, some here have declared Jung to be a "pure type."

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am thinking about people I've known as examples of pure types; a few weeks ago, some here have declared Jung to be a "pure type."

And to what pure type would you attribute him to?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
(I take it "pure" in this case means "underdeveloped" or only using two functions. Something you can say about most teenagers..)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a Sensor, I'm terrible at maths, details and rote learning.

Discuss.

At least, as a sensor, u kan understand the realitiez of the sitch.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And to what pure type would you attribute him to?

Me? I don't know, it wasn't my idea. To me Jung is just a garden-variety INTJ.