• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Initiating/Responding

wolfy

awsm
Talk to me about it. What are some other ways to look at it?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
getting what you want/need

is that what you mean?

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Responding- usually what I do.
Initiating- something I am learning to do more of.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Reactive or passive / proactive or assertive.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And it should be written this way for flow and accuracy.

Initiating/Responding

on an interpersonal level you could call it The Doer/The Done To

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It seems that responding can cause initiation. ISTP's seem to be good at responding. But responding sometimes can cause me to initiate, as a result of. Responding shows me the need for initiation.

wolfy

awsm

It's the division in interaction styles.

Initiating types are more comfortable with making the first contact and establishing role relationships. They like to engage others in interaction and conversation and are more fast paced.

Responding types are more comfortable letting others initiate contact and accepting the roles established by others. They are more slow paced and are comfortable with silence.

And it should be written this way for flow and accuracy.
Initiating/Responding

Does sound better that way.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's the division in interaction styles.

Initiating types are more comfortable with making the first contact and establishing role relationships. They like to engage others in interaction and conversation and are more fast paced.

Responding types are more comfortable letting others initiate contact and accepting the roles established by others. They are more slow paced and are comfortable with silence.

OH. I had no clue what you were referring to. I feel like a responder. Could that be E/I? Perhaps J/P?

wolfy

awsm
OH. I had no clue what you were referring to. I feel like a responder. Could that be E/I? Perhaps J/P?

Responder is associated with introversion. I feel like an initiator in that I tend to throw a lot of ideas around and half start projects to see what works. I also tend to want to initiate contact and talk... this part depends on my mood a bit though, sometimes I'll be in the middle of something else I want to do. That is why I was interested in it. I know there are other terms, I just don't know what they are.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Initiating is just like responding, except you are responding to something more internal than external.

One of many options.

wolfy

awsm
Initiating is just like responding, except you are responding to something more internal than external.

One of many options.

That's an interesting point. Never thought of it that way.