• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Self Actualization and type

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ive noticed that the typing of ourselves can seemingly change with regards to where we are on the self actualization chart http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/04/levels-of-consciousness

That's just an example chart, and yes it's somewhat Ni biased, but you get the idea.

It's very EASY to type myself when I only type the version of me when I'm the highest up the actualization levels. It only becomes difficult when I try to come up with a type that takes all the levels of myself into account. Perhaps we should take this into account when typing ourselves? maybe the frequency that you act a certain way really is unimportant if instead it's how you act when you are most actualized (ie you are living life in a way that is so congruent wi yourself that the real you can't help but shine on the world... Ie totally opposite of the stress filled lives that don't the real selves that so many of us choose)

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been here:
Love – I don’t like Hawkins’ label “love” here because this isn’t the emotion of love. It’s unconditional love, a permanent understanding of your connectedness with all that exists. Think compassion. At the level of reason, you live in service to your head. But that eventually becomes a dead end where you fall into the trap of over-intellectualizing. You see that you need a bigger context than just thinking for its own sake. At the level of love, you now place your head and all your other talents and abilities in service to your heart (not your emotions, but your greater sense of right and wrong — your conscience). I see this as the level of awakening to your true purpose. Your motives at this level are pure and uncorrupted by the desires of the ego. This is the level of lifetime service to humanity. Think Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Dr. Albert Schweitzer. At this level you also begin to be guided by a force greater than yourself. It’s a feeling of letting go. Your intuition becomes extremely strong. Hawkins claims this level is reached only by 1 in 250 people during their entire lifetimes.

I've also been here:
Desire – Not to be confused with setting and achieving goals, this is the level of addiction, craving, and lust — for money, approval, power, fame, etc. Consumerism. Materialism. This is the level of smoking and drinking and doing drugs.

Anger – the level of frustration, often from not having your desires met at the lower level. This level can spur you to action at higher levels, or it can keep you stuck in hatred. In an abusive relationship, you’ll often see an anger person coupled with a fear person.

T

ThatGirl

First time someone showed me this chart and asked me to pick which one I identified with, I chose, enlightenment, Lol.

I think I have hit and outgrown each of the stages at some point in my life, and comfortably settled into the idea that I can change from one level to another. There is no best level, only the appropriate one for the circumstance. Staying in one perception means you aren't completely engaged to other things, which the viewpoint cannot allow for.

Idk how it translates into type. I think the whole list is NF-ish.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Idk how it translates into type. I think the whole list is NF-ish.

Agree.

[rant] A lot of those things are and it seems NFs (esp. Fi-Ne) can't get it through their thick heads that not everybody should be like them. Terribly judgmental people, as if there is something wrong with me if I don't always aspire to "discover my true self", etc. I feel oppressed by this mentality that has spread like cancer through society and now types like STJs who would not even care, now do it (and force others into Fi-Ne land) because it's "the norm". The whole world is falling victim to Fi-Ne, curse their black souls. [/rant]

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agree.

[rant] A lot of those things are and it seems NFs (esp. Fi-Ne) can't get it through their thick heads that not everybody should be like them. Terribly judgmental people, as if there is something wrong with me if I don't always aspire to "discover my true self", etc. I feel oppressed by this mentality that has spread like cancer through society and now types like STJs who would not even care, now do it (and force others into Fi-Ne land) because it's "the norm". The whole world is falling victim to Fi-Ne, curse their black souls. [/rant]

Coming from happy hitler this makes no sense :p

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with the above two that this seems geared towards NF's. And NF's do seem to change type/ test differently more often. I always think "it's based on mood" but this could work too. I can see how getting caught up in the lower levels may cause you to react differently and perhaps see yourself in a different light- especially if the state remains for a long period of time.

I would put myself at acceptance right now.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agree.

?? In what situations do you have this mentality forced on you? If it doesn't apply, don't respond.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
?? In what situations do you have this mentality forced on you? If it doesn't apply, don't respond.

Everywhere. If you have traveled and been exposed to a variety of cultures you'd notice the stark differences. Society has a type and it's more and more Fi-Ne than STJ as it used to be. Canada is leading the way but the US is following.

For example - freedom of speech is no longer sacred if it offends somebody (Fi taking everything personally) and freedom of speech regardless of who feels how is an NTP value. Not offending is a Fi-Ne value.