• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How well do you match the stereotype of your type?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dont get how you dont see it as obvious.. I quoted you and corrected your false assumption on the quote.

I agree that function tests can tell you something useful, but its not about the actual functions that they show. For example there is 4 functions shown that doesent really exist, for example Fi for ENTP or INTP. Like when i had bit of conflict between Ti and Fe, i scored really high Fi on these tests, but it wasnt Fi that i was using, it was just that the questions are crappy and Fe leading Ti can be misinterpreted as Fi by the test.
So the use of this function test isnt about showing how much Fi you have(for non Fi users), but high Fi shows the undeveloped Fe used to lead Ti, or how much the Fe is leading Ti.
Also it should be noted that i was using Fe really much and it was so strong that it was pretty unhealthy, but i wasnt using it consciously and scored really low Fe from tests. After getting over that, my Fe went up in tests and Fi went down, since i gained conscious control over the Fe, and this happened even tho i used less Fe overall(conscious + unconscious usage).

In other words those function tests have total lack of validity, as they arent measuring what they are supposed to measure. This is the problem i have with those tests, also they are misleading people and when someone is trying to understand some troubles in self, they can even make it harder to understand themselves, if they think that they are actually using those fake functions and not realize that the high scores on them are just a sign of conflicting function which they actually use.

It was pretty funny that as soon as i realized that it wasnt Fi that i was tormented by, i started healing. Too bad it took shit loads of time to realize this(had to realize it on my own), since those function tests were misleading me all the time. Then i started to read better info on typology and it made so much more sense and correlated with what i figured out on my own.

I believe more people should be like you: knuckle down and really analyze the results they get from these tests. Unfortunately, most people just get a moment's entertainment from them and then move on.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I for one did not type Richard Branson as an ENFP. Here is what I said about that:
Also, I'm not throwing out any F function in your typing. I am saying that Thinking is task-oriented. I'm sure there are a zillion Feelers out there who own businesses. But you personally come across in your posts as the task-oriented kind of business owner, i.e., a thinker. If you are at 50% on the t/f scale, then you're a mixed bag of traits like Branson.

There is nothing in theory that says you can't be a mixed type, and there is nothing, for example, that says you can't be an ENTP with high Fi or some other combination. Those involves scores on two different tests, the MBTI and a functions test. A functions test score can reveal all kinds of strange stuff, such as three extraverted functions as the top results.

I agree that it's "all about function preference," but not ALL; the MBTI cannot encompass the human psyche. XnXp, as in your case, does not correlate with any single MBTI type.

your impression of me is flattering, but I'm afraid you have the wrong impression. I'm not task oriented at all

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How can you type yourself ENFP given the above information? (Whoops, don't get him started again!) And isn't this thread about stereotypes and not general type descriptions?

Err... the stuff in the yes section seems pretty typical of ENFP, and the stuff in the no section doesn't necessarily contradict it. What are you seeing?

Also the general type descriptions are sometimes pretty stereotypical, but if you insist on going more by pure caricatures... how about something more like this? (this one's for me btw)

:holy: - yes
:whistling: - yes
:17425: - yes
:newwink: - yes
:crazy: - yes
:run: - somewhat
:gleam: - somewhat
:encore: - somewhat
:troll: - usually not
:burnbum: - no
:drunk: - no

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Err... the stuff in the yes section seems pretty typical of ENFP, and the stuff in the no section doesn't necessarily contradict it. What are you seeing?

What I am not seeing are the things Elf has stated on this forum that would contradict his ENFP type. But it's a good list, except for that one factor, so I'm not saying I don't see the ENFP in him. Of course I've said as much. What I am seeing over the months, however, is a mixture of traits that don't add up to a single type.

Also the general type descriptions are sometimes pretty stereotypical, but if you insist on going more by pure caricatures... how about something more like this? (this one's for me btw)

:holy: - yes
:whistling: - yes
:17425: - yes
:newwink: - yes
:crazy: - yes
:run: - somewhat
:gleam: - somewhat
:encore: - somewhat
:troll: - usually not
:burnbum: - no
:drunk: - no

Weren't you also self-labeled as an ENFP at one time?

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This post makes the most sense to me: Perhaps most people see themselves as a mixed bag of traits that can't be captured by a set of four letters.

Then again, maybe we tweeners are just "admitting" that we havent quite figured out this typing thing? I agree with you that 4 letters isn't enough. I think much of what MBTI fails to capture, enneagram can capture. 16 types put with 9 enneagrams put with 3 variants gets you 100s of combinations (not even counting wings).

For example, Im now (been contemplating this awhile) pretty sure that I'm INFJ 4w3. If it weren't for the enneagram I'd probably question how well I fit the INFJ stereotype. I think many of the MBTI stereotypes are actually stereotypical MBTI enneagram pairs (ie the ENTJ 8)

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
myopia-2.jpg

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What I am not seeing are the things Elf has stated on this forum that would contradict his ENFP type.

So we actually agree :laugh:

What I am seeing over the months, however, is a mixture of traits that don't add up to a single type.

Fair enough, but can't that be said of most of us?

Weren't you also self-labeled as an ENFP at one time?

That was not supposed to be an ENFP list :tongue:

That labeling lasted little more than five minutes. It's something I and others have considered a lot but something doesn't quite work when I get there.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I do my best not to match the stereotypical INTP.

But i bet so are many other INTPs who are over 20 :thinking:

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Ok I will make up my own stereotype because I don't remember much from that movie.

Laidback- Not really I can be neurotic/anxious at times and then overly laidback at other times
Good at Art- Not really, I don't really stick to any one thing to get "good" at it, nor do I go for formal lessons or anything when it comes to my interests
Kind/Nice- I'm not nearly as kind or as nice as I'd like to be but maybe I have high standards
Animal/Nature lover- True, I love both
Lazy- It definitely depends on whether I think it's worth it or not, I can be lazy if I don't see the value in something
Stupid- I don't know, I'm pretty highly educated but I hear education standards are slipping these days so who knows.
Fi tripwires True, although I usually don't react with anger but with a renewed interest/passion for what I think is right
Aimless- True, I'm not the most abitious person
Pushover- I'm avoidant more than anything, I don't like confrontation so I just tend to distance myself from people/situations that I don't think are right, I don't like to be drawn into pettiness.
Most extraverted introvert- No, I'm very introverted/reserved
Emo- No

What else?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Ok I will make up my own stereotype because I don't remember much from that movie.

Laidback- Not really I can be neurotic/anxious at times and then overly laidback at other times
Good at Art- Not really, I don't really stick to any one thing to get "good" at it, nor do I go for formal lessons or anything when it comes to my interests
Kind/Nice- I'm not nearly as kind or as nice as I'd like to be but maybe I have high standards
Animal/Nature lover- True, I love both
Lazy- It definitely depends on whether I think it's worth it or not, I can be lazy if I don't see the value in something
Stupid- I don't know, I'm pretty highly educated but I hear education standards are slipping these days so who knows.
Fi tripwires True, although I usually don't react with anger but with a renewed interest/passion for what I think is right
Aimless- True, I'm not the most abitious person
Pushover- I'm avoidant more than anything, I don't like confrontation so I just tend to distance myself from people/situations that I don't think are right, I don't like to be drawn into pettiness.
Most extraverted introvert- No, I'm very introverted/reserved
Emo- No

What else?

You forgot "stoner". :smile:

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some of the stereotype, but I'm a science geek which tends to fit more of the NT stereotype.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Rather poorly, I'd say.