• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ's; creatures of extremes?

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
lol.

I don't think we are easy to offend at all. We usually (excuse me fellow infjs if you don't agree with my collective use of infjs here) give people numerous benefits of the doubt, which also usually results in something of our own demise, before we would wreak havoc on someone else (even if it deserved). And even then, we'd probably be more likely to walk away than see the other person's reputation or life hurt in any way.

Sounds like you are thinking of some T type. Or perhaps a very unhealthy infj...

Why do you think this way? And, no offense, but you don't seem like an entp to me. :thinking: Are you sure you are?

I already told you. I'm not really sure why I feel this way. It's probably something totally irrational.

lol.

I don't think we are easy to offend at all. We usually (excuse me fellow infjs if you don't agree with my collective use of infjs here) give people numerous benefits of the doubt, which also usually results in something of our own demise, before we would wreak havoc on someone else (even if it deserved). And even then, we'd probably be more likely to walk away than see the other person's reputation or life hurt in any way.

I can see the part about giving lots of latititude before dropping the axe. But I'm not sure I believe the part about walking away.

Well, I know Im ENTP, but what type do I seem like to you?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well you seemed like you had something to say earlier. And so you piqued my curiosity, is all. :)

I don't know. I haven't paid much attention. You seem too mellow to be an ENTP...

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
Well you seemed like you had something to say earlier. And so you piqued my curiosity, is all. :)

I don't know. I haven't paid much attention. You seem too mellow to be an ENTP...

Well, I'm working on being more mellow. I'm naturally much more reactionary and aggressive.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
And yeah, I do have more to say, but I might have to say it in the Brutally Honest Thread.

I'm also afraid of going too far and getting banned. So that's why i'm being so cautious.

I know how easily ENTPs get pegged as troublemakers.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We don't drop axes. We slam doors. Haven't you heard?

I'm not sure that's right though. I know for me it's more like this inching closed thing, alternated with peeking back out to see if anything has changed, checking on the climate/situation. When it finally closes (slams) everyone else is usually already miles away and thus doesn't even notice.

EDIT: I'd lerve to hear what you have to say about us. Don't worry, you cannot be worse than Z. And he doesn't get banned. ;)

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
Oh, and I feel like your avatar is judging me right now. lol.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It seems like they could and would utterly destroy your reputation and make you an utter pariah--completely cast out of the camp forever--if you crossed them enough.

Yeah, I admit we might cast you out of the camp forever. But only if you've showed again and again that you're selfish, untrustworthy, mean, hurtful, etc, and we've given you the benefit of the doubt a million times. Or if there is absolutely no good reason to keep you in our lives - when it would only do us harm. However, I think we're unlikely to destroy you.

Basically, if you don't act like an ass with an INFJ, don't screw us over, don't completely take us for granted and use and abuse us, you will be absolutely fine and you will have a very loyal and low-maintenance friend.

But I'm thinking you must have had some bad experiences with real or supposed INFJs. (Entirely possible, we are not saints. We're not Hitler either!)

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
But I'm thinking you must have had some bad experiences with real or supposed INFJs.

No. It's nothing deep or personal like that.

I just have a wacky theory about why Ni and Fe (or Te) lends itself to quasi-Fascist worldviews.

It's just too inflammatory. I don't think it will be received very well.

I've learned from past mistakes that sometimes it's better to keep ideas to yourself.

Sorry for the tease.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I just have a wacky theory about why Ni and Fe (or Te) lends itself to quasi-Fascist worldviews.

I've learned from past mistakes that sometimes it's better to keep ideas to yourself.

Sorry for the tease.

It may already have been covered in one of the Hitler threads... ;)

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Sorry for the tease.

Now I'm REALLY curious. You're the devil!

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
Well, I should probably think about it a little more.

If I can find a way to explain it that isn't likely to get me banned, I'll post it.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It seems to me like this guy has laid a pretty solid disclaimer in place. Like the worst that could happen is we disagree and tell him it's wrong, which could potentially annoy the bejeezus out of him. :smile: Seriously though, as long he can handle "okay you may be right, you better stop there" then I don't think there's anything to worry about (unless that's the point, maybe he knows he can't handle "you better stop there").

I wanna hear the wacky theory!

For the record, I actually agree that (reactionary + aggressive) + (NFJ) = scariest people in known universe.

edit: [MENTION=13954]Spurgeon[/MENTION], posted this after you posted. I don't want to egg you on. But I am hoping you decide to post it later.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
Man, you guys are persistent.

It's just not gonna happen right now.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
By the way, you guys should be really proud.

Hitler was a pretty attractive guy:

hitler_pop.jpg

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
Hitler was an enfj. :smile: It's already been debated on here.

But most infjs are not Hitler-like. So, again, why?

I'll have to check out that debate.

ENFJ seems pretty likely too. I just think INFJ is more likely.

Either way, NFJ = Fascist. ;)