• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ's; creatures of extremes?

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But we're the nicest, most caring fascists you'll ever meet!

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
But we're the nicest, most caring fascists you'll ever meet!

I'm sure you are:

rapetime.jpg

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
EWWWWWWW :(

If INFJs worry you because of the "psychic" reputation, it's mostly a myth cultivated by the more precious ones.

Insightful, yes, frequently - often very. Infallible mind-readers, NO.

Wanderer

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I already told you. I'm not really sure why I feel this way. It's probably something totally irrational.

"Beware the wrath of a patient man" ~ John Dryden

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BewareTheNiceOnes

Not.. totally.. irrational.

I once told a close friend "If I know you, I either want to hug you or stab you. There is not much in between."
I didn't say that earlier for fear of polluting the thread - wanted to see the other viewpoints :D

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
edit: [MENTION=13954]Spurgeon[/MENTION], posted this after you posted. I don't want to egg you on. But I am hoping you decide to post it later.

Update:

I'm slowly but surely working on this theory about INFJs/INTJs.

Unfortunately, I'm having a lot of trouble articulating it (or more specifically, finding the time to think about it in depth).

Plus, my research has led me to the conclusion that I'm actually an INTJ myself! :horor:

I'm not sure how I missed this, but people who know me are not surprised in the least. My wife especially concurs.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Update:

I'm slowly but surely working on this theory about INFJs/INTJs.

Unfortunately, I'm having a lot of trouble articulating it (or more specifically, finding the time to think about it in depth).

Plus, my research has led me to the conclusion that I'm actually an INTJ myself! :horor:

I'm not sure how I missed this, but people who know me are not surprised in the least. My wife especially concurs.

Well then I'll still look forward to hearing it.

Also, it's stuff like the bolded line above that made 'ENTP' suspect for you. Fact: if an ENTP has a wacky theory they want to share and you prevent them from talking about it- with anyone- it will physically explode right out of their frontal lobe, Alien style.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can see the part about giving lots of latititude before dropping the axe. But I'm not sure I believe the part about walking away.
I would definitely walk away. I might THINK horrible, nasty, rotten things to do to you, but I'm not likely to carry them out. I would feel too much guilt.

And BTW, I'm curious about your wacky theory, too.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
Now I'm REALLY curious. You're the devil!

ME TOO!

we must tackle romp Spurgeon and force him to tell his infj secrets

And BTW, I'm curious about your wacky theory, too.

Another update:

I'm still working on this (sporadically pondering it), and I found some excellent quotes in Personality: the Individuation process in the light of C.G. Jung’s Typology by C.A. Meier.

(page 50):

Introverted intuition as the main function

Prophets, visionaries and psychics are common among people of this type. They live in the rarified atmosphere of visions of the future, and in so doing are perfectly capable of ruthlessly trampling over reality and tradition…..

……Another leader, Adolf Hitler, led his people to their downfall because he was overwhelmed by the breakthrough of extroverted sensation as inferior function.

(page 51):

As an inferior function, sensation is archaic and instinctual. It tends toward excessiveness, being invoked exclusively with sensual impressions, which can lead to compulsive ties and sensations. The introverted intuitive, as a result of his inferior extroverted sensation, has a negative relationship to reality, and hence often makes himself extremely unpopular. The reverse side of this is that he himself hates given facts, or at least holds them in contempt. This can manifest itself in the “constructing” of special enemies, such as the Freemasons, the jews, the Jesuits or the Blacks.

So, as you can see, Meier believed that Hitler was an INxJ.

Hitler's dominant intoverted intuition is what made him so visionary and prophetic, and an overwhelming eruption of inferior extroverted sensation was the source of his fanatical and paranoid side.

Well, the "Hitler was an INFJ" thing is nothing new to many people. But why hasn't INTJ been seriously considered for old Hitty? (Or has it? I don't know.)

INTJ actually seems more likely.

Nevertheless, Hitler was almost certainly an INxJ if you ask me.

More to come....... :)

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
Oh great....

Now I think I'm an INFJ!

Yikes!

I may never know for sure what my type is. :dry:

amthcaictm

MBTI Type
intp
Yeah, I admit we might cast you out of the camp forever. But only if you've showed again and again that you're selfish, untrustworthy, mean, hurtful, etc, and we've given you the benefit of the doubt a million times. Or if there is absolutely no good reason to keep you in our lives - when it would only do us harm. However, I think we're unlikely to destroy you.

Basically, if you don't act like an ass with an INFJ, don't screw us over, don't completely take us for granted and use and abuse us, you will be absolutely fine and you will have a very loyal and low-maintenance friend.

But I'm thinking you must have had some bad experiences with real or supposed INFJs. (Entirely possible, we are not saints. We're not Hitler either!)

unfortunately given an FJs temperament we NTs might do this every time we speak, and then again when we don't. meanwhile we are just clueless as to the million ways we are causing offense.