• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Personality Types better equipped to go through physical and psychological torture?

curiousel

What are the types that will be able to deal better under a situation of high stress such as:
-physical torture or physical abuse?
-psychological torture or psychological abuse?

What are the types that will be able to get over it faster and without suffering much from post-traumatic disorders or anxieties, and deal remarkably well while being tortured?
What types would be the most vulnerable and suffer the most during and after the torture?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^Just another fun filled evening at type c , eh? :huh:

Um, interesting. I've wondered if the ability to dissociate (as a child) is something N's do better. Other than that I have no idea. I am fairly calm under pressure, though inside I feel upended.

curiousel

^Just another fun filled evening at type c , eh? :huh:
Um, interesting. I've wondered if the ability to dissociate (as a child) is something N's do better. Other than that I have no idea. I am fairly calm under pressure, though inside I feel upended.

saw a story about paid torturers and many questions came up...

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I certainly could be an interrogator and torture victims throwing more and more questions...

OOOH! But you'd have to give them a shot of truth serum first. Bwuahahahahahaha. Fun.....Tell me more.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I think for INFJ/INFP sometimes life itself seems like torture, because so many people are so mean! Why can't people just be nice to other people, or think of other's people's best interests instead of their own?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
What are the types that will be able to deal better under a situation of high stress such as:
-physical torture or physical abuse?
-psychological torture or psychological abuse?

My original thought was that TJs would be the best.

Then I thought STJs, but their high Si might cause them to relive the torture/abuse more.

So perhaps NTJs would be better...

:thinking:

I think for INFJ/INFP sometimes life itself seems like torture, because so many people are so mean! Why can't people just be nice to other people, or think of other's people's best interests instead of their own?

By wanting me to think of your interest you're not thinking of my interest that I don't want to think of your interest.

That's not very thoughtful of you...

:dont:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I could actually see ISTPs being able to take some torture... I dunno about ESTPs, though...

My ESTP neighbor and I had a conversation about torture, and he said he would absolutely suck at taking it -- would crack immediately.

ESTPs have this reputation for being studs and what not, but, if you look at our own "what type have you had the best sex with" thread, reality seems to be a little bit different...

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Haven't there been some comments around about INJs more often being able to detach from their body and the world when the need arises? It'd probably be whatever type can do that the best...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MBTI: TJs and SPs
Enneagram: 8s
Instinct Variant: So/Sx and Sx/So (in other words, self preservation last)

G

Glycerine

I could actually see ISTPs being able to take some torture... I dunno about ESTPs, though...

My ESTP neighbor and I had a conversation about torture, and he said he would absolutely suck at taking it -- would crack immediately.

ESTPs have this reputation for being studs and what not, but, if you look at our own "what type have you had the best sex with" thread, reality seems to be a little bit different...

I was half-heartedly joking but what you say makes sense. I was kind of thinking about what type would be the most resilient and be able to bounce back. :)

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Haven't there been some comments around about INJs more often being able to detach from their body and the world when the need arises? It'd probably be whatever type can do that the best...

Yeah, I could see that.

But INFJs are such pussies; I certainly wouldn't go with them.

Instinct Variant: So/Sx and Sx/So (in other words, self preservation last)

Could you explain your thinking behind this?

I was half-heartedly joking but what you say makes sense. I was kind of thinking about what type would be the most resilient and be able to bounce back. :)

I will give them that.

They have short memories.

No matter how many times they're rejected, they will keep on trying.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thread derails have been removed.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just noting my discontent with Zara's INFJ Pussy comment remaining, while my Zara Pussy pic was removed.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
It's called being on topic.

I'm sorry you fail to understand the difference.