• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What personality types find the idea of buying secondhand clothing a good one?

curiousel

and what about the opposite: those that think that wearing someone else clothes is somewhat repulsive?

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think it's repulsive, but it doesn't do it for me. I'd rather go to a trendy clothing store to buy clothing.
G by Guess
Guess
bebe
Betsey Johnson
(The Former) Metropark :mad:

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I have nothing against it, but the selection is usually terrible.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Personality types on a budget.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This girl. Except bras and panties and bathing suits. lol.

Chloe

Personality types on a budget.

this.

i am from a 3rd world country, of course i can see trendy clothes only from 2nd hand.. and then i think how some american wore it once.. and i am feelin' connected.. living american dream.. over my second hand clothes! LIVING WILD.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is probably personality type related, but I like looking through what filters down to second hand shops. Strange and interesting things make their way down onto the racks. I like strange things.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Minneapolis has the best thrift store evar. Penny Thrift. :yes:

Usehername

On a mission
INTJs are equally likely to be skeeved by inferior Se assuming germs and antagonistic external environment as they are to be swayed by the awesome pricing for something so unimportant as clothing.

Matt_s

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
My shirts, jackets and pants are almost exclusively second hand. It saves a ton of money and a lot of thrift stores raise funds for good causes. We have an SPCA one not far from where I live. Of course, I'm just in these places looking for tools or sporting goods but if I happen to find a fabulous top that's ok with me.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
(INFJ) We bought a lot of our children's clothes at thrift stores. But that had more to do with our budget than my type.

They got to dress much better than they would have if we had bought their clothes at a regular store, because we got a lot of name brands there that we otherwise couldn't afford. The secret is to find a thrift store that gets donations from an upscale area. We also get a lot of T-shirts there - you can get just about any kind of T-shirt at a thrift store. Since you can't try on clothes at our favorite thrift store, we stick mostly to shirts & tops that don't need to "fit" closely.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Goodness, these threads are getting detailed.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
and what about the opposite: those that think that wearing someone else clothes is somewhat repulsive?

Not type related in my opinion.

I don't mind wearing someone else's clothes as long as its not socks or underwear. If I buy anything from a secondhand shop, I always wash it first before wearing it.