• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What personality type loves to create databases, lists of various things.

curiousel

What personality type tends to make lists of things?
The type that has the need to list things, to start a database for almost anything: be it property, collections, music, expenses, whatever...

and what type/s are the opposite?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What personality type tends to make lists of things?
The type that has the need to list things, to start a database for almost anything: be it property, collections, music, expenses, whatever...

Habitual list makers definitely include:

(1) ESTJ - My Dad is the King of Lists and Databases. EVERYTHING is documented and categorized.

(2) ESTP to a lesser extent. I have lists of things that "I LIKE" and things that "I NEED to DO," but "NOT EVERYTHING."

and what type/s are the opposite?

I honestly can't answer this.
IRL, I know ISFPs, INTJs, INTPs, ESFPs, ENTJs, ENFJs, ENFPs, ISFJs, and ENTPs that make lists at some point or another, they just don't seem to do it "habitually."

:solidarity:

-Alex

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Surely not me, if you mean physical lists (obviously I have many mental lists tho)

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My iTunes library is super organized and clean as hell, I spent a lot of time making it perfecto ;). I make lists, budgets, and projections a lot in excel too. I don't always keep up with some of my projections though, but its nice to plan!

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Most likely: xSTJ

Least likely: ESFP, ENFP

That's just based on my own personal experience.

I make lists of books I want to read and movies I want to watch someday. Sometimes I make to-do lists but usually it's in my head rather than on paper.

iris.moon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Actually, I'm an INFP and I love making lists. I don't write a list of things I should buy like my ESxJ mum does, I prefer lists of favourites books, movies, songs... It's a way to understand who I am, what are my tastes, and I also ask myself why I like those things. And sometimes I just write down things I don't want to forget.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I like thinking about ways to define all my interests and categorize them according to their shared qualities. I keep fantasizing about putting everything in one huge, complex database, but with formulas to group them by name, genre, types, and every combination of obscure shared characteristics :smile:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
INFPs and Fe dominants are total list lovers from my experience.

My gf lately bought MS Access for 180 Euro and she has tax software to calculate her spendings. I am frequently telling her she is batshit crazy but she doesnt believe me :).

I can keep things relating to numbers easily in mind. I make lists for appointments and deadlines. That has proven to be very effective for myself.

Plus I like to make organisational structures for complex work. Big help as well

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i have a secret dream to be a one-time
extreme couponer. i love that show. partly
at how insanely organised they are. it's nuts.

curiousel

I like thinking about ways to define all my interests and categorize them according to their shared qualities. I keep fantasizing about putting everything in one huge, complex database, but with formulas to group them by name, genre, types, and every combination of obscure shared characteristics :smile:

two options are widely used today to find information:
-tagging
-Google search into your brain

illusion

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
Most likely : xSxJ because they want to do things in productive way and effection of their Js too.
Least likely : xNxP because of their Ps , they don't want to stick their plans much,so they can change their plans any time.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Most likely : xSxJ because they want to do things in productive way and effection of their Js too.
Least likely : xNxP because of their Ps , they don't want to stick their plans much,so they can change their plans any time.

You have no idea what Te as a fourth function can do to you :)

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've observed this very strongly in both my ISTP brother and ISTJ father. With the ISTJ, it's more lists of goals though, while the ISTP lists stats, etc. I think these behaviors correlate to ST personalities, and a little less to introversion. I'll sometimes make lists, but when I do it's usually long-term goals rather than things I need to be concerned about right now. Of course there are exceptions like grocery lists, but that seems to be the general trend.