• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Scariest function

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Fi, for sure.

Cause with some people you'll be doing something you think is innocuous and their Fi will just pop up out of nowhere, angrily grind that notion into the ground and then cry all over it.

And you'll be left wondering what the fuck just happened. :shock:

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fi, for sure.

Cause with some people you'll be doing something you think is innocuous and their Fi will just pop up out of nowhere, angrily grind that notion into the ground and then cry all over it.

Yeah, I think on balance I'll have to go with this. Well put.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
speak for yourself
You know what she meant. Use your Ne!

Fi means not talking about your deepest motivations for things. You may say what you're thinking, for the most part, but only on a comparatively shallow level. Hence Fi users thinking they're so much deeper than everyone else. :yes:
Fi, for sure.

:doh: So true. So freaking true. I am sorry to say that I am that Fi user you describe, on a fairly regular basis. And it takes years and years of knowing me to see it coming. Even though in my head I'm so clearly going "The fuse is lit, I'm going to blow in 30 seconds if you keep pushing me", no one sees it b/c apparently I'm hard to read that way? :(

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know what she meant. Use your Ne!

Fi means not talking about your deepest motivations for things. You may say what you're thinking, for the most part, but only on a comparatively shallow level. Hence Fi users thinking they're so much deeper than everyone else. :yes:

I got what she meant, but it's only true of some IFPs not EFPs.
use your Ne before you question the all powerful Ne of Elfboy, Prince of Light

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I got what she meant, but it's only true of some IFPs not EFPs.
I don't think so. Not from my experience with EFPs. They hide their motivations from most people.
use your Ne before you question the all powerful Ne of Elfboy, Prince of Light
All-powerful Ne? Didn't my Ne defeat your Ne in one-on-one combat a little while ago?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think so. Not from my experience with EFPs. They hide their motivations from most people.

All-powerful Ne? Didn't my Ne defeat your Ne in one-on-one combat a little while ago?

no, your Ne/Te defeated my Te. he's still young and hasn't learned the ropes yet. Ne was asleep while shadow Te/Si were venting. it wasn't one on one combat, it was 2 on 1 functional combat :yes:

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ni.
Fixate on something they are "sure" about and go to anything length obsessively seeing it through.
Stalkers = Ni

Standuble

After seeing the numerous nominations of "Fi" as the scariest function I'm actually feeling rather pleased with myself (as I hope are other Fi users.) Blaming Ni is so mainstream.

I however don't find Fi scary. My Fi is horrifying in its own right but I love it all the same. It's something you grow to care for. More importantly it means I don't fear other Fi users either.

That said I have some nominations:

Si - (Insidious) - Many men and countless nations have fallen because of Si swimming through their ranks. How many have fallen to stagnation because of it? How many novel minds or novel ideas have withered and died because Si didn't believe they could work? How many who failed could have succeeded had it not been for Si telling them the situation was hopeless?

Ne - (amoral) - We all act like it's just a bit of fun but Ne is (not to be dramatic) pure evil. Beware if you give your heart or your money to an Ne user - their loyalties are always fickle and the function is wholly unconcerned about present, real-world needs that need addressing (but I love you guys personally.)

Te - (destroying) - All hail the destroyer of worlds! If you don't fit in its logical structure then you're pretty much fucked. Thank goodness the Te users other functions will stop them going Skynet or Borg on your ass.

Ni - (Aloof) - Removed from reality and willing to declare itself right and true because anything which doesn't agree with it is just some arbitrary context which actually agrees with the Ni if you dig down deep enough into it.

Addendum: I've always wondered whether a ninth or tenth function could exist or at least have the potential to exist. If it existed I wonder whether I would fear that more than the others?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ti.

Put that fucking scalpel away, now. :thelook:

It's equal parts fear of being bored to death, and fear of being cut open and studied for science without any regard to the fact that it's my mind/body/soul and I should have a say in whether or not you get to. That is, when they aint court-martialling you for affronts against the God of Science and Logic in front of the High Tribunal of Ti :ninja:

mhc

MBTI Type
INtP
no functions scare me. i have them all figured out, and concluded what i need to.
so logically i am only scared of the "no"

my latest task is to remove all logical functioning operands from the communication of the world, as it keeps getting it wrong

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think Te is the most scary, because it puts world in huge 3D picture, where everything fits together by concrete metric and calculating system. The world by the eyes of Te would look like a 3D cube, where everything has it's own square part and fits into larger picture. I think it's frustrating to view the world by such a strict metrics.

mhc

MBTI Type
INtP
I think Te is the most scary, because it puts world in huge 3D picture, where everything fits together by concrete metric and calculating system. The world by the eyes of Te would look like a 3D cube, where everything has it's own square part and fits into larger picture. I think it's frustrating to view the world by such a strict metrics.

if a Te had its way, everyone would be too scared to talk, for fearing that they where not making any sense

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
if a Te had its way, everyone would be too scared to talk, for fearing that they where not making any sense

Id say thats true for T in general :coffee:

Ti just goes about it differently, but it is just as - and for some of us even more so - scary as Te in that regard.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One's own dominant function when reality corners it and forces one to doubt its objective and/or moral accuracy for the first time. I think the tertiary being used maturely for, too, the first time in one's life, can set off this existential audit.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

This is a bit out of the concept... Every function and every single person have its own way. It doesn't metter if it's Te, or Ni everyone of us has to face the fact that he might be more or less misunderstood by others.

idkman24

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As an Ni user, I'd go with Ni.

When I think Ni, I think of a Hannibal Lechter. Someone who can read you like a book and, if they so desire, use what they learn against you. Most other functions can, more or less, be combated. Ne stands the best chance against Ni, but Ne is more like a machine gun shooting all over the place. Ni is a sniper rifle. One shot. Steady, deadly, and true.

mhc

MBTI Type
INtP
This is a bit out of the concept... Every function and every single person have its own way. It doesn't metter if it's Te, or Ni everyone of us has to face the fact that he might be more or less misunderstood by others.

yes you are correct. point to mention, the everyone of us that i refer to is all of the functions, was that the same idea of everyone of us as you? or did you mean other people?

also i will add, i think EF's are the reason that T's I.

so maybe with the world domination that EF's have demonstrated, that should make them the most feared