• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Monthly budget distribution and mbti, personality type and how those spend income?

curiousel

Looking for some data on how different types spend their income.

If the same salary is given to the 16 personality types and they all own a home, how their yearly average spending would look like on a report?

Would the ENTJ buy a couple of Rolex? Would the ISFP spend 40% on gourmet food?

Please report about your case and about those you know well.

How does your yearly spending looks like? You can give us some examples as well.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
10% - Retirement account
10% - Emergency fund
30% - Food and necessities
50% - Building a castle out of legos

gromit

likes this
Ughhh I hate budgets. I just make sure I don't spend more than I make. I don't have a lot of needs, so it's not very difficult to do that and still have some left over.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The average ENFP probably can't answer this. Unless they're actually interested and then they can answer it the best. I'm the first type. I know that housing is my number one expenditure, but I'm sure that's not what you're looking for.

A

Anew Leaf

Roughly:
40% on mortgage, fees, taxes
10% on health insurance
20% to savings
15% on food, misc
10% on utilities
5% on student loan debt

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Honestly, it depends on the salary. :laugh:

If it's a decent, average one, then everything would be balanced based on future needs, current needs, future wants, and current wants, all in that order.

A salary based on what I absolutely need.. I don't need much at all. I'd just downsize to be able to compensate for the first three things.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Ohhh interesting.

I have little interest in material possessions so i don't seek a large income to supplement my needs. I'd say about 65% goes on bills, rent and food, 10% clothing and 10% miscellaneous and the rest go into my savings account. This is only a wild guess though.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My current budget:

38% Savings
26% Housing
18% Other monthly bills/necessary expenses
8% Food
4% Clothing
1% Credit cards
5% Anything else I want to spend on

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Ughhh I hate budgets. I just make sure I don't spend more than I make. I don't have a lot of needs, so it's not very difficult to do that and still have some left over.

Yeah -- I'm the same way. I find keeping track of that sort of thing, much less using a "budget" to rule my life, pretty soul-crushing. So I don't. I make sure to prioritize saving for retirement, paying down my mortgage, maintaining a "rainy day fund", and paying my bills in full and on time, but other than that, I spend as little time on financial matters as possible. Like gromit, my needs are pretty simple, so I don't have a lot of trouble maintaining my savings in light of that.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Savings 30%
Housing 8%
Health Insurance 2%
Vacations 2%

Not sure about the rest. Hmmm....

gromit

likes this
Savings 30%
Housing 8%
Health Insurance 2%
Vacations 2%

Not sure about the rest. Hmmm....

Wow do you have a really high salary or live somewhere really cheap? My housing is like at least 25% of what I make each month.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Rolex? ENTJs are Te-Ni, no sensing functions there...why would we need a Rolex. I'd be much more likely to buy a nice Suunto with a high precision barometer.

Anyway, now I personally spend:

20 % housing & bills
10 % food
10 % vacations & eating out
10 % transportation and unexpected expenses
50 % savings

(yeah I generally don't like buying "objects" like clothes and stuff, unless it's absolutely necessary)

Of course I don't keep a detailed budget, that would be terribly boring - although I'd do it if I had very limited means. However that's roughly how I spend my money, looking back at the past 2 years.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My housing is about 50% of what I make now, which is of course not optimal. I can afford it though, and to me at least for now it's worth a few hundred extra to have my own place instead of a room. That includes all my bills except cell, which is <20$/month.

I don't have a budget, and it varies a lot month to month. I used to track my spending in a spreadsheet but I've gotten bored of that in the last year or so. If I had to guess, it'd be roughly

50% - rent, including heat/internet/etc
25% - food, including eating out and the occasional drinks
2-5% - random "reasonably necessary" things like cleaning supplies, shampoo, etc
10% - random other things I want
whatever's left over - to savings

Some months I'm over what I earn and use some savings, most months I'm under. I really need to set up retirement accounts, although my income is low enough that I'm not really losing that much interest yet.

My current budget:

38% Savings
26% Housing
18% Other monthly bills/necessary expenses
8% Food
4% Clothing
1% Credit cards
5% Anything else I want to spend on

huh, why 1% to credit cards? way better to get rid of credit card debt than putting money in savings, unless I'm missing something.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hate percentages, so I'm just gonna go from most to least:

• Rent, utilities, cable, internets, etc.
  • Gas, car repairs, and insurance
  • Fun stuff
  • Food
  • Savings

StrawMan

MBTI Type
ENTP
I can't be bothered to estimate percentages, but most of my salary would go to mortgage, car-related expenses and food. I probably spend more than average person to activities that boost my imagination, like buying fiction books, music and travelling.

curiousel

more anecdotes not just percentages please. Only percentages it´s boring. Add a line to describe those expenses.

For example.

Fun stuff: name a few of those expenses?
Eating out: what?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
more anecdotes not just percentages please. Only percentages it´s boring. Add a line to describe those expenses.

For example.

Fun stuff: name a few of those expenses?
Eating out: what?
well, that's all going to depend on the month. for me fun stuff could be a trip shopping with my sister, it could be going to a water park, it could be seeing a movie, it could be playing some pool, it could be a season of sports....etc etc. Rarely more than a few of those in a given month. You know, whatever you do for fun.

Eating out also depends on the month. Could be sushi at a work gathering, could be meeting up with an old friend for coffee, could be going for pho with my sister, could be hitting up the pub after sports, could be going on a date, etc, etc.

I'm not really sure how that helps? Are you asking for something different?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
(gets calculator)
Housing: 20%
Other set bills: 25%
Other miscellaneous bills- Maybe 10 or 20 percent depending- food can get expensive with my appetite.
I spend some money being spontaneous and not really worrying about it, but I don't love to spend money like I used to so that doesn't add up to much.

The last group of money (at the end of the paycheck) ends up being split half and half between savings and paying extra towards bills- (higher interest first- I have a list of things with interest on them, mostly student loans, and I'm moving from highest to lowest.

I think about these things twice a month on payday.

I could easily increase the amount that I'm spending on my living situation and be fancier, but am enjoying the freedom.

curiousel

Rolex? ENTJs are Te-Ni, no sensing functions there...why would we need a Rolex. I'd be much more likely to buy a nice Suunto with a high precision barometer.

status symbols are popular among many ENTJ. They like good stuff and don´t mind spending on some status symbols.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
status symbols are popular among many ENTJ. They like good stuff and don´t mind spending on some status symbols.

I think you're wrong.