• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do nationalities tend to have a Personality Type? nationality and mbti

curiousel

for example, are Americans clearly an E (extroversion) rather than an I, just like Italians?
Are Germans more of a T (Thinking) rather than a F?
Can we link each type to one nationality?
Examples?

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Don't know. You can in my opinion do something like look at the dominating views and behaviour of a society of a country and guess to which type it would fit best. Germany in my opinion is mostly an ISTJ country nowadays.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Kind of mildly so. There's a very large amount of variation IMHO. The "dominating views" in a given country aren't necessarily indicative of what the majority of the population believes or wants, they're often the result of a combo of historic casuality and vocal minorities. Italy's "type" can vary a lot depending on the region.

iris.moon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
I think they're streotypes. I see Italy as an ESFP and USA as an ESxJ.

curiousel

sure, but stereotypes, more often than not, are based on some truths... Germany clearly favors T. It would be great to hear from those of you that live in any given country and also those of you that don´t live there, to see if there is a gap on perceptions.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
so are you Japanese or living there? why do you think so?

Read it online before regarding MBTI and a high propensity for Japanese to be typed such. You know, the introverted Fe thing they exude. Upholding a sense of pride and decorum regardless of how you necessarily feel; demure.

Rim

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hungarians in Transylvania tend to be very much type 6-ish. I guess we need to be since we are a minority. Type 6 is very versatile so no idea about MBTI dominance. The entire nation is kind of INFx-ish, especially when looking back into history.

Just listen to the damn song. You don't need to understand Hungarian to understand the feeling of the song, which is how most of us feel when thinking about who we are where we are and where we came from. (^^ the mongol steppes lol).

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
Japan is ISTJ. They are considerate because they are ignorant of being Social. They are Self-Preservational > Sexual > Social. As such they have conventions that make up for the lack of being socially considerate.

U.S. is ENTJ. America is all about innovation and independence, ESXJ's hardly embody that. STJ's have a sense of community.

Many middle eastern countries are NFJ (hence Jesus and God (AKA Yahweh.))

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
hi, are you there?

No, but I was.

Copypasta of my explanation from another thread: I'd separate Japan into two spheres, the male and the female. Yes, the male culture is very ISTJ, productivity oriented. But the females are expected to be...well, the stereotypical ISFJ. Japan is still very backwards, considering it's supposed to be a developed country.

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
UK: ISTP

Want to be ISTJ, like the Germans, but can't handle all that restrictive Jness. Gotta' break free, not be part of the European system.

Frankee

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah. I think Germany= INTJ/ISTJ USA=ESTJ/ESFJ China=ESTP/INFP