• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Miscegenation

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's common practice here to list both an MBTI type and an Enneagram type. What relationship do you believe these two typing methods have to each other? It looks like people are using MBTI as some sort of indicator of innate developed behaviour and Enneagram as some sort of learned disposition overlayed on that. Is my perception correct? And, if it is, is it an intended use of Enneagram?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The way I understand it is that enneagram describes your core motivations, in very vague terms, and then mbti type describes how those motivations are expressed, so kinda fleshes it out. So MBTI type is probably more obvious to external observers.

I don't know that much about enneagram, though. I don't really find it all that helpful so far, although it's mildly interesting.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The way I understand it is that enneagram describes your core motivations, in very vague terms, and then mbti type describes how those motivations are expressed, so kinda fleshes it out. So MBTI type is probably more obvious to external observers.

I don't know that much about enneagram, though. I don't really find it all that helpful so far, although it's mildly interesting.

This.

Enneagram relates to motivation. MBTI relates to how you perceive the world, and how you process that information once you have it. Also, regarding the thread title, I do not think the word "miscegenation" means what you think it means...

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This.

Enneagram relates to motivation. MBTI relates to how you perceive the world, and how you process that information once you have it. Also, regarding the thread title, I do not think the word "miscegenation" means what you think it means...

It does mean what I think it means.. I just used it in an illustrative and unfortunate manner. Then after I pressed submit, it was too late.