• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Say something (interesting) about my functions test.

KDude

Yeah, I can relate to that.

Here is an interesting question I was just thinking. If my Se is that high, would it help to develop Fi? Usually isfp are said to need to develop Se. Regardless of whether I fit isfp or esfp more.

FWIW, I think your Se is "high" in a ISFP-ish way. In your receptivity and go with the flow sort of attitude. But that isn't what Se always is. In ESPs it's more opportunistic. It isn't going with the flow, but trying to draw attention to it's own flow. And instead of being receptive to information around them, they generally single in on the information they consider empowering and generally admirable. And they have a lot of practice from birth embodying some of it. Whether it's looks/actions/some kind of status/having the best jokes/etc.. (I make it sound bad, and I don't mean to. I think they're mostly fun people).

It's rare to find an ISFP who attempts that. At best, they want their individual ideas appreciated (which would be more of a Fi priority), not what the general idea among others is worthy of appreciation.

ESPs balance themselves too, of course. Just like an ISP will grow into balancing themselves a different way. I think maybe even both could be both "High Fi" and "High Se" in their own right, but since they are different types, it still comes out differently.

wolfy

awsm
FWIW, I think your Se is "high" in a ISFP-ish way. In your receptivity and go with the flow sort of attitude. But that isn't what Se always is. In ESPs it's more opportunistic. It isn't going with the flow, but trying to draw attention to it's own flow. And instead of being receptive to information around them, they generally single in on the information they consider empowering and generally admirable. And they have a lot of practice from birth embodying some of it. Whether it's looks/actions/some kind of status/having the best jokes/etc.. (I make it sound bad, and I don't mean to. I think they're mostly fun people).

It's rare to find an ISFP who attempts that. At best, they want their individual ideas appreciated (which would be more of a Fi priority), not what the general idea among others is worthy of appreciation.

ESPs balance themselves too, of course. Just like an ISP will grow into balancing themselves a different way. I think maybe even both could be both "High Fi" and "High Se" in their own right, but since they are different types, it still comes out differently.

I think I understand what you are saying. I relate to what you say about isfp and individual ideas. I feel I have become more that way, in a way the phrase you used for esp, drawing attention to its own flow I relate to from an individualistic perspective.

The main reason I see myself as Fi first is I have spent a lot of time reflecting on experiences.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wolfy, I "feel" that you're ISFP but a, shall we say, more forceful one? Though from experience ISFPs can be quite forceful and rock-solid. Perhaps your Se/Fi axis is the closest one?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
What I don't get is if ISFP is "The Aesthete" yet they're supposed to be inwardly focused, surely an Aesthete is focused outwards on objects?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Your functions are interesting ... :D

(Was that interesting enuff?)

KDude

What I don't get is if ISFP is "The Aesthete" yet they're supposed to be inwardly focused, surely an Aesthete is focused outwards on objects?

I don't think anyone is truly inward focused. Unless they're blind - and I'm not even sure that's the case either.

I think introversion is more about being focused on their own impression of objects. There's probably more coming from left field if they do that (for all types that is.. whether ISFP, ISFJ, INTJ, etc).

wolfy

awsm
Wolfy, I "feel" that you're ISFP but a, shall we say, more forceful one? Though from experience ISFPs can be quite forceful and rock-solid. Perhaps your Se/Fi axis is the closest one?

I guess it is. It seems I use Ti a bit too, I'd agree with that. And rock solid, I like the sound of that.

That's a good question... I guess an aesthete is looking at how things relate to their impression of how they should be. Or, they have some individual vision of things and work from that. I see things as being in a loop, a feedback loop, where one is slightly stronger and influences it more.

From that perspective it would seem I am working from my own need to express something than I am adapting things to express myself on my surroundings. It's difficult to know where things come from though, it isn't like you can put why you do things into words, even to yourself, a lot of the time. It is just a feeling.

Your functions are interesting ... :D

(Was that interesting enuff?)

C'mon!! You can do better!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
If you change your type I'll have to change all my references, and that sounds suspiciously like work.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************************* (45.5)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************** (22.9)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************** (27.3)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************* (21)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************* (21.9)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************** (34.3)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************************** (30)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************* (37.5)
excellent use

High point very clearly at Se, triple lowpoint at Si, Ni, and Te but lowest at Ni. Weak but present preference for Fi>Ti. All signs here point to ESFP. Nothing really anomalous here..... except that itty bitty detail that you are probably iSFP. But with all your focus on Se it's..... strange. I'll just agree with your self typing of kiwi ;)

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually that just reminded me I get really high I in DISC tests. I see I in that test as being a somewhat extroverted trait. An outgoing trait at least. I really do see myself that way, an under control show off.
Interaction Styles are very similar to DISC (Berens has even compared them), and I would likely correspond to Get Things Going. (or "Sanguine") Instead of "extraverted and informing"; it's called "assertive and open".

As for the CP test, the results do seem very typical (in this case, for ESFP), with the tertiary and inferior as the weakest and the others in between.

A

Anew Leaf

[MENTION=4515]wolfy[/MENTION], i hope you appreciate the effort that was put into kyu's avatar in honor of your Se-domness.

wolfy

awsm
[MENTION=4515]wolfy[/MENTION], i hope you appreciate the effort that was put into kyu's avatar in honor of your Se-domness.

I do, it is awesome.

I've been reading the esfp part of Lenore Thomson's book and I really relate to a lot of it. I'm glad my type is kiwi, I'd hate to change again.

wolfy

awsm
I've been asking around. Some say isfp, some say esfp. But beyond all that I reckon working a little on Fi would be a good idea. Just thinking through what is important to me and all that.