• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it healthier to be near the middle?

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Do you think that healthy balanced people tend to be close to the middle in the MBTI - they measure F, but close to T or I but close to E? Or does closeness to the middle not matter at all? I would think that it would be good to be able to go either way.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think closeness matters at all. it is correlated with age and maturity, but not directly. some of the most successful people in the world were not balanced at all. Albert Einstein was extremely I, extremely N and extremely T; Ghandi was extremely I extremely N extremely F and probably extremely J

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think exceptionally talented people can be whatever they want and their shortcomings will be overlooked because of their talents.

I think the average person who is unbalanced can find a niche and be happy (i.e. maybe like-minded people for ease of interaction, or their complete opposite if they're into complements)

The average person who is balanced will find appeal in a greater variety of avenues and also appear to others to be more flexible.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As people mature, they tend to gain more effective use of their weaker functions. This doesn't mean they will score nearer the middle on MBTI tests. Tests measure preference. You can have very pronounced preferences for one side of the scale but still be adept at using the opposite. I think healthier people can more effectively use their opposite preferences but it doesn't mean they are any closer to the middle MBTI wise.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Any extremes tell that the person is childish on what ever he is lacking. If some T type is 50 and just keeps repressing his F, id call that unhealthy. But if its someone who is 16, who havent developed F yet, then its not unhealthy.

If someone will score 100% on all dichtonomies, i highly doubt that he would be a very healthy and balanced(not in MBTI sense) person. But im not saying that all should be near middle.