• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can't stop shit-talking (specifically for J types)? I'm curious why.

Twitch

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
There are sometimes (rare) valid and legitimate concerns for shit-talking or (gasp) gossiping.. I'm not talking about those.

I'm basically curious why you can't shut the fuck up, whether in public or in private, about all the little nothings happening, and feel so utterly compelled to comment on (and get worked up about) every single fucking thing in an overdone and excessively judgmental tone. They would literally sit there and talk shit about every single fucking detail (happening or about someone) and feel completely (whether in public or in private) valid for doing so.

This annoys the hell out of even my critical ass, and I'm looking for some insight so I won't have to keep getting annoyed when I hear them going off.

Everything. Everything. Every little fucking thing! Didn't get your way? Things not going the way you want? After hearing you talk shit about everything: tough!

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Yeah, these kinds of people are annoying as fuck. I've taken either to ignoring them entirely, spacing-out during conversation, or outright telling them to STFU. The former two can lead to loss of friendship (if you even want it anymore...whiners really are awful to deal with), and the latter can lead to bitch fights, which are tiring.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I thoroughly agree with both of the above posts.

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
To the OP: Extraverted Judging function. Also the JePe loop. We externalize our interpretations of a situation (complaints) on account of it. Your reticence can be perceived by us to be a lack of interest in actually seeking common ground or understanding ("Why are we even associating ourselves with you if you aren't going to help us understand ourselves?".) Try asking questions, via Ti and Ne, to further clarify what they mean and it'll give them a good ego boost. Try to withhold judgment, they could see that as an affront to what they value. They will calm down and focus on what is actually going on inside themselves. Subsequently, you may develop an interest in their perspective.

If this person is an ENXJ that you are complaining about: JeSe explains the need to mete out every last detail in order that we may arrive at a new revelation in understanding via Ni.

If this person is ESXJ: They are using circular logic via Si to justify their own societal norms.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
It's like when people start entire threads just to bitch about someone. I hate that.

uncommonentity

Yeah? Fuck, God forbid someone expresses a personal opinion they're entitled to.

Let's throw all musicians in jail.

T

ThatGirl

I can't stand shit talkers, the only thing you can do is tell them how uncomfortable you are participating in or over hearing a conversation like that. Then they will assume you're not "cool", go to another room, and talk shit about you. I think, "well that ought to keep them busy for a while."

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Listening to an ENFP male talk about anyone and everything is in my opinion extremely funny. He is one of my great friends, but I don't trust him as far as I can throw him.

Frankly, these people are typically sad. Often, I kick back, and shut them down with a snide remark. Or I laugh along and am then snarky or sarcastic.

That sort of stuff will always come back to people. I think it is a sign of being extremely unhappy with yourself.

And as my ISTP dad would say: they have to live with themselves.

shoshana

MBTI Type
eNTJ
Instinctual Variant
so
feel so utterly compelled to comment on (and get worked up about it

Don't let yourself get sucked into our vortex ;P

Move along or turn up your iPod

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I read the title and the op wrong. 'Talking' was read as 'taking'. Confused me for a while

Lord Guess

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah, it's annoying as fuck. I mean, there's a difference between noticing something legitimately funny going on, and talking shit for the sake of talking shit. Granted, I used to have a similar problem, but after listening to other people do it, it got on my nerves enough that I decided to stop.

iris.moon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
I know some of this people. I don't care if they can't stop shit-talking, but I absolutely hate their need to judge everything. Who the hell are you to judge? And why do you even care about what other people do? Why can't you just shut up and keep these thoughts for yourself?