• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Craziest/Most Absurd type

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
What type is craziest?

You know... what type is absolutely ABSURD

What types make people stare in disbeleif and think "is there any medication he isn't taking that he should be?"​

Are there types that people think are deranged or psycho...
...but they really just unorthodox by nature?

:D

I'm thinking ENTP is well known for this, and possibly other Ne types, but I think there may be others, such as the classic daredevil types that may be viewed similarily.

Also, outside of the MBTI terms, what are some psychological factors that cause or relate to this kind of behaviour and what are some psychological factors related to perceiving others as having this kind of behaviour?

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
ENFx. They beat out ESFx by virtue of their utter unpredictability. Usually (like any type) this only occurs when they get all wound up for some reason, but when they do it's like being hit in the face by a crowbar of nonsense. In their defense, I'll admit it's usually been my fault for getting them worked up.

Also...never tell an ENFJ that they're irrational. I did that a while ago IRL, haven't heard the end of it since...I'm still avoiding them.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
I think every ENFP that sees this will instantly think it's their self. I'm disagreeing just to annoy them.

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Female INFJs. Every one of them I've dated (one) was nuts. Also another friend of mine (ENTP) is married to one...crazy, absolutely. lol :D

They don't fall under the daredevil/risk-taker absurd/unorthodox, more so the "holy shit she's nuts!!" absurd.

"What do you mean you want 8 kids? and adopt four of them? have me work a full time job after college to support them? Wait...so you want to go to college too, but when you would have kids you want to never work again...Why go at all?" :huh:

Prepares for the hate. :happy:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I find INFJs (esp. of the feminine variety) to be quite mysterious as well, not absurd per se, just mysterious.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've known the same ones as Dewey has, and they were insane. But I guess that doesn't necessarily speak for all of them.

am_i_evil666

ENTPs and mostly INFJs. INFJs are completely gone with their heads. they have really weird behaviour and seem completely mentally insane.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
ENTPs and mostly INFJs. INFJs are completely gone with their heads. they have really weird behaviour and seem completely mentally insane.

No wonder why ENTPs and INFJs go along pretty well... :D
They can share their madness, even if it's different kind of madnesses...
All in all, they form very creative pair...

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
My significant other is INFJ and nuttier than a fruitcake. But with a straight face.:harhar:

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Female INFJs. Every one of them I've dated (one) was nuts. Also another friend of mine (ENTP) is married to one...crazy, absolutely. lol :D

They don't fall under the daredevil/risk-taker absurd/unorthodox, more so the "holy shit she's nuts!!" absurd.

"What do you mean you want 8 kids? and adopt four of them? have me work a full time job after college to support them? Wait...so you want to go to college too, but when you would have kids you want to never work again...Why go at all?" :huh:

Prepares for the hate. :happy:
Sounds like my aunt!

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm thinking ENTP fits my definition of "most absurd." I believe John Cleese was an ENTP... at least, he acts like one.

edel weiss

MBTI Type
ENTP
ENFP's. They're crazy. Really, really crazy. And when I'm with them, I seem to lose control and act like one of them too. I have an ENFP friend who cracks the most absurd jokes about sex in public, comments to acquaintances about their hairy toes, and indulged in spitting competitions.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I will concur with ArbiterDewey and say female INFJ's.

I mean I know ENTP's aren't exactly the shy and retiring, blend into the shadows types, but at least with us you generally know you're getting a fruitcake from the start; and at least Ne weirdness has some grounding in external reality. With INFJ's though, you think you're getting a nice, warm, sweet and intelligent individual, and end up with a psycho hose beast.

No offence meant to the semi-normal ones here ;) I'm sure you're total psychos with the people you're closest to as well, no matter how reasonable and nice you seem to your casual acquaintances :D

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Good lord...what INFJ's do you people know?? :shock:

That doesn't speak so much for INFJ's, as people with general 'issues'...which can be found in all types. Also, I question based on a few of the comments whether they were *really* INFJ's that you're speaking of - the comments about them don't resonate with any of the ones I know. Maybe immature ones, but..I dunno. I guess it's why typing can only go so far - because ultimately it does go down to the individual and where they're at.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah sure casca, that's what they always say :alttongue:

But of course you wouldn't think you were a psycho :devil:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah sure casca, that's what they always say :alttongue:

But of course you wouldn't think you were a psycho :devil:

:harhar:

Nah, we all have vices to which we're prone, like Ne being too random and wild and Ti being too cold and calculating and insensitive... to me it seems the main pitfalls of Ni and Fe are respectively, a sort of "I've got it all worked out and don't need to listen to anyone" rigidity and general self-righteousness. Some people resist or correct or whatever, their personal vices and minimize them, whilst others give free rein to them.

Like Dumbledoor said to Harry Potter, it's not our potential or abilities that make us who we are, but our choices :) You can have the same tendencies towards the same vices as someone else, but be a totally different person because of your choices of how you respond to them.

I think that's well said, and I think we're in agreement.

As for your specific Ni/Fe example, at this point in my life, I don't know that I can relate to it. But who knows, maybe it's still my instinctual reaction that I've tempered down so that it isn't really relevant anymore. :whistling:

Anyway - good points. [edit: which, you deleted...hmm...why? ;-)] As for my own opinion, I don't think there IS a most absurd type (I know, I'm such a killjoy). Each of the types can be 'absurd' in their own way - if you want to throw it all onto an entire type. It's all in the perception of the judger. But for myself, I don't like to throw it onto a type as a whole. I see it more on the individual level.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh, I deleted it cos I thought it was sorta off topic!

But what I was getting at was that the most absurd accusations, paranoia trips and 'versions of events' have come to me through the mouths of INFJ's. And it's just made me wonder where the flippery fuck they get their ideas about reality from.

Whether they're typical or not, I don't know - I wouldn't speculate :)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, I deleted it cos I thought it was sorta off topic!

But what I was getting at was that the most absurd accusations, paranoia trips and 'versions of events' have come to me through the mouths of INFJ's. And it's just made me wonder where the flippery fuck they get their ideas about reality from.

Whether they're typical or not, I don't know - I wouldn't speculate :)

Fair enough. But it is Your judgement that their 'versions of events' are crazed. That's your perception. But perhaps their view has just as much truth as yours (not saying that it IS the case - just sayin').

Just like you might have an ISTJ who has similar thoughts about an ESFP, and might think ESFP's are the most absurd of types. It has nothing to do with the person/type viewed as being 'absurd' (although in some cases, objectively they might be, and everyone might think so) but more to do with the individual making the judgement, and the disconnect between how that individual processes/perceives things, and how the other person/type does.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well no, but in these cases it's not been just me that thinks they're crazed... it's been a general consensus of everyone involved, of all different types.

When I say 'versions of events' though, quite often it's a version of MY motivations, thoughts and feelings and interpretations of my words, that the person thinks they've got all worked out, which is so far from the truth of what actually went on in my mind and what I actually meant, that it beggars belief as to how anyone who can say they know me, could ever come up with the idea that I'd think like that... or that anyone would!! And it's a simple fact that I don't get those problems with any other type...

The only times I've been judged in ways and accused of things that have almost made me cry because of how extremely unjust the accusations were, not to mention unsupported by anything in reality, it's been an INFJ that's made those accusations and judgements.

You have to admit that paranoia is a genuine danger of Ni... as much as pronoia is for Ne :laugh: