• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NT Eyes

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I looked into this a little bit more. His is the only pic (out of two) with geometry below, so I think it's just a personal way of representing his type (which is INTp).

Oh, okay, cool. He's just an example of sorts?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Isn't it a better idea to post pictures of NTs in their 'element', with a range of expression rather than a single image?

Example (and we all agree this guy is an NT right?):

I guessed ENTP on the great Richard Feynman. Those are excellent images. Look at the eyes - not sad INTP eyes (as ShortnSweet pointed out about the INTPs) but rather gentle yet inquisitive. And I also thought - who else but an extravert would go gallivanting around the world the way he did? And that Tanu Tuva visit attempt was just ridiculous and crazy - something an ENTP would try.

In Feynman's own words, "There wasn't anything to do there". Bored, he indulged his curiosity by learning to pick the combination locks on cabinets and desks used to secure papers. Feynman played many jokes on colleagues. In one case he found the combination to a locked filing cabinet by trying the numbers a physicist would use (it proved to be 27–18–28 after the base of natural logarithms, e = 2.71828...), and found that the three filing cabinets where a colleague kept a set of atomic bomb research notes all had the same combination.
HAHAHA!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Feynman#Biography

A

A window to the soul

allen-gregory-is-young-and-extremely-mature-at-heart.jpg

Note the eyes, not the glasses. Yes I know it's just a cartoon image.

He is, I mean she is, well... it is an INTJ, and what a lovely cotton bunnytail broach.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
Look at the eyes - not sad INTP eyes (as ShortnSweet pointed out about the INTPs) but rather gentle yet inquisitive.

I don't understand why people think INTP = sad eyes.

A

A window to the soul

I'm not feeling sad eyes. Those genius eyes cry pity for the fool that doesn't get it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He is, I mean she is, well... it is an INTJ, and what a lovely cotton bunnytail broach.

That's Allen Gregory. A cartoon image is going to be difficult to prove a case with. I used it as an example of a certain type of eyes. INTP and sad eyes may be a stereotype, and I didn't want to go there. As for myself, as an INTP, I don't have sad eyes, I have Allen Gregory eyes. (Sans enormous glasses.) I have subtracted the INTP stereotype and given those eyes a real name. It's never sadness anyway, but more like the penetrating insight of a centuries old wisdom.

They are the eyes of a personality with a description not usually found in the typology literature. When I study abstruse theories, such as QM and the like, I don't just see the math, I see philosophy. I see the world in a profoundly different light. The wisdom is derived from knowing that there are many facets involved in seeing the universe as it is, and not just a single perspective.

INTJ's are known for their "death glare." It's basically an impassive stare that has no malintent, but it is perceived by some to be menacing. I can feel myself doing this in lecture when it is particularly boring, or an xNFP says something irrational/that was meant to be funny, and sometimes the instructor notices because it's probably like I'm staring right through them.

Hopkins playing Hannibal Lecter hit it on the head when he would give Clarisse his spiels, and when he was locked up on that dolly thing while being transported. Let me see if I can source a pic from INTJf

death glare.jpg

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Isn't it a better idea to post pictures of NTs in their 'element', with a range of expression rather than a single image?

Example (and we all agree this guy is an NT right?):

Feynman.jpg

richardfeynman.jpg

Richard_feynman.jpg

0.jpg

INTJ or maybe, just maybe an ENTP

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ or maybe, just maybe an ENTP

I thought ENTP immediately upon viewing the pics, and googling his type reveals a consensus on this call. Feynman sure smiles a lot for an INTJ? More like a mischievous ESTP, except for the N.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't understand why people think INTP = sad eyes.

I have sad eyes and a face more long than round, and I'm an INTP.

I don't know why they think INTP = sad eyes, but at least I'm interested in investigating the issue. It's as if you're saying, "I don't understand why people say the Shroud of Turin is 2000 years old." Maybe someone should find out for sure? And so they did. Why the instant skepticism? Why not at least give it a chance? Skepticism works both ways.

But I haven't investigated the sad-eyes issue very much in this thread, I got side-tracked by long vs. round faces which is also very interesting. Yesterday I walked through a grocery story looking for round and long faces (I've never done this before). It was rather busy and 99% of the people in the store were women. I asked my wife (ISFP), who was with me and has zero interest in typology, if I have a round or long face. She said "long, but not like Abraham Lincoln's." Most of the women in the store had more round faces, including my wife.

To me this is an interesting topic as a clue to personality typing at a glance.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Spock eyes. (INTJ)

spock%20goatee.jpg

It's alternate universe Spock. The internet lists Leonard Nimoy as INTP. In the next pic you see the INTP sad-eyes effect. In the previous picture, Nimoy was obviously acting, because alternate-universe Spock is kind of the "evil twin."

Spock-Leonard-Nimoy.jpg

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nikola Tesla.

Nikola-Tesla-nikola-tesla-3366121-75-75.jpg

Nikola-Tesla.jpg

Thomas Edison:
thomas-edison-424.jpg

thomas-edison-birthday.jpg

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
I don't know why they think INTP = sad eyes, but at least I'm interested in investigating the issue.

Saying that I don't understand it doesn't mean I'm dismissing it. It means I'd like to know why other people think this is true.

It is true that I am skeptical about personality typing though visual means in general and I haven't observed the pattern of either long faces or sad eyes being associated with being an INTP.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Saying that I don't understand it doesn't mean I'm dismissing it. It means I'd like to know why other people think this is true.

I didn't say anything about you not understanding it.

It is true that I am skeptical about personality typing though visual means in general and I haven't observed the pattern of either long faces or sad eyes being associated with being an INTP.

But first it is necessary to observe, and that's what I'm doing. Apparently some other people have done the same.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
Ok, what type does these eyes suggest?

eyes.JPG
attachment.php

deleted
I don't think it really works this way with MBTI. Definitely works with Socionics, mouth and overall expression included.

ie. INTjs

charlie_rose.jpg
97_Alan_Greenspan_pic.gif
james_woods.jpg
090415-woody-allen-vsml.grid-4x2.jpg
larry-david-pic.jpg
marie_curie1.jpg

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eyes - maaaaaybe, a tiny bit. Depends how well personality comes out through your eyes (facial expression, not your eyeballs). Some people, very well, others are good fakers.

Long face? Why don't you just talk about astrology?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eyes - maaaaaybe, a tiny bit. Depends how well personality comes out through your eyes (facial expression, not your eyeballs). Some people, very well, others are good fakers.

Long face? Why don't you just talk about astrology?

I have talked about astrology. :)

There are other facial distinctions besides long or round. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think it really works this way with MBTI. Definitely works with Socionics, mouth and overall expression included.

ie. INTjs
larry-david-pic.jpg

Larry David is supposedly an ISFJ. I don't see anything like an INTJ about him. Or INTj.