• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cognitive function statistics

five

MBTI Type
ZZZZ
Enneagram
5w6
While there are plenty of MBTI stats around, does anyone know if there is any stats on cognitives?

For example I would be quite interested to see population percentages of users with a Dominant or Auxiliary cognitive function.

Eg,

Fe (Dom or Aux) users make up 24%
Fi makes up 26%

etc

I do realise they could be derived. Just wondering if anyone's done it.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
There was a thread a few months back on this which had some stats on this. Unfortunately, I can't remember enough about it find it and provide a link. :thinking:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I got loads of research info on this. but op said that he blocked me because i didnt agree with someone who he agreed with, so no point of posting it XD

I got loads of research info on this. but op said that he blocked me because i didnt agree with someone who he agreed with, so no point of posting it XD

I'd be happy to post it for you if you want. No one has blocked me as far as I know.

Only reality, but that is irrelevant anyway.

:cry:

@reality, I'M SORRY! PLEASE UNBLOCK ME.

:boohoo:

No, but seriously, if you have some empirical data to show, I will post it.

------

P.S. This is my 711th post so here is a commemorative monument.

7-11-used-games.jpg

five

MBTI Type
ZZZZ
Enneagram
5w6

No I blocked you because you didn't look like you would be useful to me. I'm not able to sift throw mountains of data like NTP's can. They don't seem to mind as much, and probably not to the point where they'd block you. I want a high quality feed.

I have nothing whatsoever against you personally and have now unblocked you after you suggesting maybe you do have something of value to contribute.

This doesn't mean I will listen to all your ramblings, but if the stats check out your estimation rises in my mind. Walking the walk. etc (which has been mentioned around here)

Always willing to keep an open mind. I only dismisses out of the principle of

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Im tempted not to share this with you because you behave like some 10 year old kid, so my Fe tells that its not worth to make an effort to help you. but lucky for you, my Fe also tells me to be merciful towards you.

Www.cpp.com/pdfs/MBTI_FormM_Supp.pdf

five

MBTI Type
ZZZZ
Enneagram
5w6
Im tempted not to share this with you because you behave like some 10 year old kid, so my Fe tells that its not worth to make an effort to help you. but lucky for you, my Fe also tells me to be merciful towards you.

Www.cpp.com/pdfs/MBTI_FormM_Supp.pdf

Thanks for the effort. Not what I was looking for.

I wanted the actual cognitive breakdown. This is T F N S - only 4. I wanted the 8 actual cognitives broken down. There is no such thing as a T cognitive. eg

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thanks for the effort. Not what I was looking for.

I wanted the actual cognitive breakdown. This is T F N S - only 4. I wanted the 8 actual cognitives broken down. There is no such thing as a T cognitive. eg

You can count the function %'s from those because you know which type uses which functions

You can count the function %'s from those because you know which type uses which functions

I think five's point in the OP was that this can be derived from data at hand, but what he wants is an instance where someone has done it already.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think five's point in the OP was that this can be derived from data at hand, but what he wants is an instance where someone has done it already.

But he can pretty much see what he wants to see pretty much just by looking at the statistics on the pdf

He already SAID he'd rather not do the work but would prefer to have someone (possibly an INTP because they enjoy work like this) to extract the relevant information and give it to him without a text wall because it's more efficient that way.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
He already SAID he'd rather not do the work. He wants an INTP to extract the relevant information and give it to him without a text wall because it's more efficient that way.

But its just choosing 2 out of 16 and adding the %'s..

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I fear the majority of studies use mainly the test to find one's type and only skim through recognizing one's type from the description, if at all. Especially in a professional setting type falsification seems rampant. Otherwise the samples are not really random (students or people above a certain income level to have internet access, phone or a constant address).

I am afraid the data the OP is looking for, a reliable data, is not available.

I am very disappointed with the research I have gone through so far. The methodology is rather questionable.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I fear the majority of studies use mainly the test to find one's type and only skim through recognizing one's type from the description, if at all. Especially in a professional setting type falsification seems rampant. Otherwise the samples are not really random (students or people above a certain income level to have internet access, phone or a constant address).

I am very disappointed with the research I have gone through so far. The methodology is rather questionable.

:yes:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I put together a spreadsheet with this data a little over a year ago.

n > 10,000

I'm going to say Ni is the least likely primary function, since it is the primary function of the least common male (INFJ) and female (INTJ) types. Correct me if my intuition or information are wrong.

five

MBTI Type
ZZZZ
Enneagram
5w6

I'd have to agree. MBTI stats are very skewed because of test taking and self reporting biases. They statistically significant in a rough scale, but not very accurate.

For example in our company of 120 employees we had day where they took tests and had over a dozen self reporting "INTJ"'s and "ENTJ"'s coming out as that because the CEO and COO are that type. People emulate, they see themselves like they want to be seen or what is essential leadership and success.

The results would have been significantly different if done at home for example.

Context matters.

But he can pretty much see what he wants to see pretty much just by looking at the statistics on the pdf

Not entirely true. For example, the rarest type is not simply putting the rarer of each of the traits together, although, intuitively, that is how you can arrive at the types that are the most strongly correlated with general intelligence :p