• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fe Fakeness

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ok, I don't relate to this thing you call "emotional bonding". I fail the Fe-domhood. enneagram 5 FTW.... haha, not really.... I typically feel uncomfortable.

Very interesting. :sherlock:

I probably need to stop commenting in these general topics. I always end up only speaking for myself anyway, and it's rather unwise for me to even try to speak for anyone else.

G

Glycerine

[MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION]: Nah, your input is awesome. I am kinda atypical. :D

Besides, these topics are inherently subjective anyways!

G

Glycerine

Flabby relativist.
How can we objectively measure what Fe or Fi is if most of what we are getting as "evidence" is purely anecdotes and self reports in this thread? Isn't that by it's very nature "subjective", INTX scientist? ;) We shouldn't mistake validation for verification. But you are right, I can be a bit of a relativist. :rofl1:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
How can we objectively measure what Fe or Fi is if most of what we are getting as "evidence" is purely anecdotes and self reports in this thread?

Well, if the anecdotes and self-reports are accurate, then they would be objective.

Isn't that by it's very nature "subjective", INTX scientist? ;)

Oh, Jesus Christ, if you're gunna mark me with the possibly P label, at least give me an xNTx to make it accurate.

:tongue:

An INTP is the least of the three NTs I resemble.

We shouldn't mistake validation for verification. But you are right, I can be a bit of a relativist. :rofl1:

To be honest, I was mostly joking.

G

Glycerine

Well, if the anecdotes and self-reports are accurate, then they would be objective.

Oh, Jesus Christ, if you're gunna mark me with the possibly P label, at least give me an xNTx to make it accurate.

:tongue:

An INTP is the least of the three NTs I resemble.

To be honest, I was mostly joking.
hahaha, I just said INTX because I couldn't think of the right label so I grouped the INTX as scientists. I think there would be chaos the day you turned INTP. :biggrin: You are so Ni, it's not funny with that "metaperspective" business, you are always going on about. :tongue:

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
Lol. I like how in my earlier post people thought I was trolling. The fact is, while Fe may perpetuate racism, Fi is the one that creates it.

NFP's on here are just a little to self-aggrandizing and irrational for me. They don't want to believe that there is anything wrong with Fi and that only Fe could be the source of social woes, as is evidenced by the tongue-in-cheek post identifying Fi as a 'snow-flake', following my post.

Also, don't confuse SFJ Fe for NFJ Fe. SFJ Fe is the one that concerns itself with maintaining societal norms (Si). Fe in general is not just concerned with externalized arrays of interpersonal relations, but also the impact that one can have on another (in some contexts 'social effectiveness'.) This can manifest itself as regret for a past action (Fe+Si).

Fe + Ni = a continuously refined and idealized, complex perception on how one should impact others. The Bible is rife with examples that have FeNi/NiFe at its source. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is a message about reciprocity and social accountability that NFJ's were trying to communicate to Fi users.

Nuff said.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is a message about reciprocity and social accountability that NFJ's were trying to communicate to Fi users.

:rly???:

I was largely (not entirely) with you til that last part... I know what you're getting at, and I've thought the thought before, but I don't know how accurate it really is. It's working from a paradigm of Fe are the good people and Fi are the bad people and the Bible's trying to make the bad people (Fi-users) good (like Fe-users). No offense, but that reeks of oversimplification and type bias (not to mention a religious angle that I don't think has really been a significant part of this discussion to any degree).

That being said, I had been meaning several days ago to mention that, for all the complaint (from myself included) about Fe people projecting their values onto others, we don't often enough hear the same complaint about Fi users, and, to be honest, I think it's often very true of them as well, and it's just as, if not possibly even more ridiculous in those circumstances, because that is one person projecting their highly subjective Fi values onto somebody/everybody else, whereas at least the Fe users are projecting onto other people values that they're at least attempting to find some kinda common ground with everybody else on.

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
:rly???:

I was largely (not entirely) with you til that last part... I know what you're getting at, and I've thought the thought before, but I don't know how accurate it really is. It's working from a paradigm of Fe are the good people and Fi are the bad people and the Bible's trying to make the bad people (Fi-users) good (like Fe-users). No offense, but that reeks of oversimplification and type bias (not to mention a religious angle that I don't think has really been a significant part of this discussion to any degree).

What if we were to say that the Bible wants to further the cause of collectivism rather than individualism? I wasn't trying to imply that Fi users are the only bad people.

G

Glycerine

Random but true. Studies have shown that individualism leads to greater happiness and well-being. :yes:

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
Random but true. Studies have shown that individualism leads to greater happiness and well-being. :yes:

The majority of people in the U.S. prefer Fi and Te over Ti and Fe so... of course.

G

Glycerine

I really don't know what collectivism has to do with Fe and what Fi has do with individualism necessarily. If one reads the literature on culture and happiness. Both forms of society work and people are generally happy across the board with both forms so touting collectivism as the better system isn't necessarily accurate.

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
What about them?

Umm...

Do you have the statistics to back that up, or do you just like making things up on the spot that fit your preconceptions?

Those cultures are classified as collectivist cultures and social or sexual, I can't tell...

We are individualist and self-preservational. I'm sure that as an INTJ you enjoy a culture that backs up what you value.

2nd. No. Look for the 1998 Inferential Statistics MBTI study that was conducted. 2/3 of the people with TJ or FP preference, ergo a congressional majority.

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
I really don't know what collectivism has to do with Fe and what Fi has do with individualism necessarily. If one reads the literature on culture and happiness. Both forms of society work and people are generally happy across the board with both forms so touting collectivism as the better system isn't necessarily accurate.

I didn't tout it, the Bible did. I happen to agree. Plus I would say, happy for the majority.... We FJ's and TP's get the short end of the stick in this society...