• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fe Fakeness

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Our Te means we build systems in the real world. We not happy just to theorize.

Have you ever entertained the idea that you are an ENTJ? Your writing does have a feel for that ...

Some of you guys suck at staying on topic.

THIS IS AN OBJECTIVE STATEMENT OF FACT.

:saturned:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Some of you guys suck at staying on topic.

How can you be sure that this isnt relevant to the topic from some perspective? ;)

How can you be sure that this isnt relevant to the topic from some perspective? ;)

That perspective is clearly subjective because it's patently obvious that the present discussion is not pertinent to the original topic. Stop imposing your subjective opinions on me and expecting me to go along with them. :irked:

Anyway, I should amend my previous statement to be more precise. Here it is:

Some of you guys us suck at staying on topic.

OH! And I spent the last seven minutes painstakingly copy-pasting every post made in this thread within the last twelve hours into wordle. Some of the word clusters are great. "Retarded rules" might just be my favourite. :laugh:

yOf3V.png

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Some of the negative reaction may indeed be because it’s rude, or whatever- but speaking only for myself, the most difficult part of communication with TJs is that some of their assertions consistently run contrary to my unconscious priorities by telling me what to think. It sets off silent but deafening internal alarms- just, as I’m sure, having Fe tell Fi’ers what to believe sets of distracting alarms. This isn’t about being polite, the silent alarms aren’t going off because the person is “rude” (I mean, I’m someone who inadvertently offends others quite often myself- blame it on least so variant, I suspect), the silent alarms are going off because the information doesn’t add up, it doesn’t make sense- it’s an unconscious priority that Te doesn’t share.

There's a bit of a special case aspect too. For INTJs, Fi is the go-to function. We're down with the dreaming up of concepts, we're quite happy with stipulating things about the environment, but if things start going wrong with the environment, then we're backing away and checking in with our prefered style of being--introversion--and calling for a tie-breaker decision, something that answers the outer world's failure to be what I want it to be. That tie-breaker comes necessarily from Fi. But not feeling, exactly. Rather, some "value" that has grown up over the years to summarize those years worth of reaction to the environment. (EDIT: Hmmm, that claim about how the "value" arises could be thought about more... as could the question of whether there is a value or not, but let's move right along... [<- example of stipulation in action, hope the Ti doesn't get too inflamed]) So, it's less that Fe is invisible, and more that the Fe style of organisation will positively be ignored if we are to keep functioning in a way that we identify as "me". I'll go ahead and assume a similar deal applies for INFJs with Ti.

If a Fe’er wants to explain why their values are best (and/or the reasons for them) to a Fi’er- they better be damn sure they make it completely available for the Fi’er to disagree…..am I right? There are rules to effective communication- not because of arbitrary social convention (showing politeness), but because that’s just how it is- communication isn’t effective unless you pay attention to how the other person is receiving you. It isn’t available to MAKE someone take in the meaning you want them to take in- it’s only available to try to communicate it and see if it takes/if they agree. And this argument that ‘Fe rules’ are interfering with the ‘transference of objective truth’ sounds a lot like “By expecting us to pay any attention to how our end of the discussion is being perceived- you’re oppressing us with Fe! Waaaanh! :fullload: We’re entitled to decide ‘objective truth’ for everyone!” If the goal is anti-dialogical ranting, then mission accomplished. But if the goal is communication- it’s pointless to show up and simply demand one’s Je solutions are the best to a respective Ji audience. There are enough Fi rants around here to prove this goes BOTH ways.

So I think you’re right about something being invisible, but I think it’s far more about the Ti unconscious priorities being invisible (plus, often, about their own Fi unconscious priorities being invisible as well) than it is about Fe rules- especially since Fe doms are the last ones to get into these snits.

It's a damn interest question, what most generates the conflict. For one, it is true that Fe and Te construct external organisation differently. For two, (and particularly in INJs), back-up judgment not only gets inflamed when there is Je conflict, but that inflammation is less conscious, less open to subtle distinction, and more likely to be insisted upon in a peremptory manner. And not only that, but the back-up judgment has a built in aversion to exactly the kind of extroverted judgment the other side is attempting. Introverted judgement WILL NOT accept stipulations based only on environmental cues. It doesn't work that way, and finds that method to be not just misleading but also CORRUPT!

Is communication beyond these issues possible? Or is it just the case that in the history of the world the real tie-breakers are most often merely contingent factors, like say the context gives one person more institutional authority to bull their position ahead over the other's, or the other type is faster with a knife, or one of them has more friends nearby or whatever? Or does it ever happen that one person backs down because he saw advantages in the other type's choices? Is that ever universalizable?

Or is it just the case that the only tool of cooperation we have is the compromise of our values?

OMG I can’t believe I used the shitting baby emoticon.

INFJs are so rude.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You may find a friend in DiscoBiscuit.

Yeah maybe five is ENTJ.

DiscoBiscuit is definitely ENTJ, like TG. I think they're good examples of the type...no matter how violently I disagree with them, I can't help but like them somehow.

G

Glycerine

Either ENTJ or INTJ 8 or 3, methinks.

[MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION]: that could be likely. :)

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
[to my audience, I'm sorry if the following seems a bit uninspired; I was 3/4 of the way through when my browser crashed... :dry:]

Weasel arguments. Cut. You don't give a straight answer on things.

:laugh:

Actually, my responses were just fine.

They were exactly what I intended them to be.

(And, based on the reps I've gotten, I'm not the only person who thinks so.)

Would you read the Quran or wouldn't you? Yes or No

Possibly.

But, at the moment: no.

The point that you didn't get the first time around is that, regardless of its representational veracity, great value can be gained from reading it. In fact, the reason I got it in the first place was because I saw great practical value in reading it (Te), based on what I want to do with my life (Ni[Te]Fi[Se]).

Anyway you've revealed yourself Mr InTheShadows, an academic with PHD's.

:rofl1:

So many false conclusions in so little time.

You should get an award for this.

user_16408_6LBELM7D.jpg

Say no more, sitting around on forums all day.

All you've done is prove how un-utilitarian you are.

:yim_rolling_on_the_

You have no idea why I've got this free time at the moment.

But it is hilarious to see you draw blatantly false conclusions due to ridiculously poor leaps of reasoning.

Here is my thinking:

• Existing is better than non-existing. (Axiomatic)
  • I want to exist
  • I need resources to exist (money, influence etc).
  • Therefore I must get these things
  • Therefore I start businesses as this is the most secure way for an INTJ
  • I will be investing in longevity research and life extension simultaneously
  • Long life, means I exist longer

Honestly, it's amazing how much you remind me of the alternate version of myself that would've existed if I'd...

[back to the shadows]

You think a Te approach is "juvenile"...

No no no.

I think your Te approach is juvenile.

Big difference.

...you are arrogant and deluded and just a crackpot theorist hiding behind PHD's.

Honestly, I'm really gunna miss you.

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

Your posts bring a smile to my face.

I'm goal driven. I'm worth $10m+ as of today all self made from scratch (no handouts).

Why would I need to try impress people?

Ok, still modest by some standards, I agree.

I'm goal driven. I need a lot more to accomplish my goals.

I'm goal driven. And I work towards them every single day.

Yes, I too have a degree, a Bsc in Computer Science.

Nor do I ever speak about it...

What have you accomplished with your great intelligence, please enlighten us.

I'm worth $10m+...

What have you accomplished?

I'm worth $10m+...

Somebody should make a youtube parody with those lyrics... ^

Honestly, I already told you this before (you're obviously no stranger to missing the point, though): but you really have no frame of reference as to why I would write what I did (once again, Pi tunnel vision, shitty Pe), cuz, believe it or not, that post accomplished exactly what I wanted it to (NiTe[Fi]{Se}).

I understand that you don't know what that means, but I do.

(And most people on this board do too.)

Are you that out of touch?

The nerdy white guy "gunna kill u bro" trying to be "gangsta". It's pathetic. You told me you are 27. Grow the fuck up.

The irony between your asking that question in the first part and your interpretation in the second might cause the universe to implode.

Furthermore, your argument is essentially "I'm really smart and I have all these PHD's so I've got to be smart hey?" Talk about insecurities.

Actually, that's not my argument at all.

I never claimed any of those things.

But you want to see insecurities?

Let me show you the lyrics to your theme song again:

I'm goal driven. I'm worth $10m+ as of today all self made from scratch (no handouts).

Ok, still modest by some standards, I agree.

I'm goal driven. I need a lot more to accomplish my goals.

I'm goal driven. And I work towards them every single day.

What have you accomplished with your great intelligence, please enlighten us.

I'm worth $10m+...

What have you accomplished?

I'm worth $10m+...

It's gunna be a big hit on youtube.

(Btw, I considered going back to your very first post(s), in which you repeatedly mentioned that you were a business owner and started your own business(es), but I figured these were good enough. Seriously, though, congratulations, on starting your own business(es) and amassing a net worth of $10MM+ from scratch -- that is commendable. Just try to let go of the need for validation that comes with it.)

You remind me of this fellow:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Langan

A purported IQ of 195...

Well, thanks for thinking I'm intelligent, but, quite frankly, I don't give a shit what you think about me.

And all that being said, if you are indeed an INTJ, I highly recommend you read up about unhealthy INTJ behavior (like I pointed to in that first thread [LINK]). I could see you being an INTJ, but I could see any TJ, really. How hilariously ironic that in a thread in which I state that other peoples' arguments that denigrate Te-objectivity by oversimplifying its relationship with Fi-subjectivity are retarded, do we get an unhealthy, unbalanced TJ who gets to show the accurate side of what they were saying.

(I would include information about what you said regarding your opinion on balanced individuals, but it's against the rules to bring information onto the public forum from outside private conversations.)

I also recommend you read up on the enneagram, particularly the health levels. You could be an 8 or a 3, like [MENTION=5109]Glycerine[/MENTION] said, but I could also see you being an unhealthy counterphobic 6 who is disintegrating deeply into the unhealthy levels of a 3.

Oh, and side question: do you happen to habitually use cocaine?

:bye:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Joke... too... old...

Does... not... compute...

Do... I... care... enough... to... Google?

No.

five

MBTI Type
ZZZZ
Enneagram
5w6
Have you ever entertained the idea that you are an ENTJ? Your writing does have a feel for that ...

That's because I've spent 10 year debating one. My 2ic is an ENTJ. I think I know the difference thank you very much.

:(

Not that I would recommend it to someone as busy as you, but have you ever read Jung's description of Ni dominants?

You may find a friend in DiscoBiscuit.

Yes, thank you. I've contacted him.

He is a true ENTJ through and through. It's really so uncanny the similarities between him and my COO.

They both like anime, MMA, guns and of course, being ENTJ's (war with themselves and others). Exceptional executors.

[to my audience, I'm sorry if the following seems a bit uninspired; I was 3/4 of the way through when my browser crashed... :dry:]
I also recommend you read up on the enneagram, particularly the health levels. You could be an 8 or a 3, like [MENTION=5109]Glycerine[/MENTION] said, but I could also see you being an unhealthy counterphobic 6 who is disintegrating deeply into the unhealthy levels of a 3.

I am an Ennegream 5w6 and have always tested that since day one. Just listen to how ridiculous your "analysis" sounds. You reading believing your own bullshit. You need to take your head out of the clouds.

Where are you actions? I have created a painstaking list of MBTI types in reality over 3 years with vigorous debate with over 80 people now. Have you? Or you just been here in a self-confirming little bubble fooling everyone?

Every single statement I can backup with proof and action. Can you?

It comes down to Actions vs Words.

You trying to make yourself feel better because you so light on it. You are a theorizer, and not to say an INTJ can't be one (eg Newton), but you seem nothing like him. He produced so much. Theory that had utility. Newton is a fantastic example. While expound much of modern science he also was most definitely Te in his life approach to life vs pure academics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases

Not every single INTJ would go into businesses, but you told me earlier you couldn't rule out Michael Jackson being an INTJ. What a ridiculous statement.

I can with complete and utter certainty, tell you that Michael Jackson is not an INTJ. You just don't have the definiteness of an INTJ. It's mock confidence and it shows in your stupid use of smiley's all over the show.

You give off the nerd trying to be a "tough guy" beating up people on forums intellectually. We had an ENTP who was our product guy that was exactly the same thing, loved being "clever" and pointing it out. He was eventually dismissed for fucking around for too long and not being able to close. Endlessly dreaming up big ideas and love debating, but when it came to action he came up very very short.

And if you think trying to pick apart one post by me is "owning me", you just so deluded. I do what I say, and I'm not sticking around for another 2000 posts trying to adjust you to reality.

But go and pick apart my posts with more deflecting, "haha"'s. Nearly every statement you make is "left open". Again something an NTP does. I've seen it time and time again when they on the defensive.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I recommend you take your condescension elsewhere.

Where are you actions? I have created a painstaking list of MBTI types in reality over 3 years with vigorous debate with over 80 people now.

Wow.

Congratulations.

That's quite impressive.

:nice:

(Perhaps you should email it to me again so I can wonder why the fuck I'd care...)

Not every single INTJ would go into businesses, but you told me earlier you couldn't rule out Michael Jackson being an INTJ. What a ridiculous statement.

Actually, I answered your question of whether there was any chance Michael Jackson was an INTJ by saying that it "was extremely, extremely unlikely". I really don't think there's any chance he is, but I do find it interesting you chose him, since he's probably an ISFP, and the two share the same dominant loop.

(Probably accounts for a good amount of why I phrased my response the way I did.)

You just don't have the definiteness of an INTJ.

:nice:

It's mock confidence and it shows in your stupid use of smiley's all over the show.

Brilliant psychoanalysis there, bud.

:weirdbanana:

And if you think trying to pick apart one post by me is "owning me", you just so deluded.

I don't believe I said "owning" you.

I believe I said "skinned you alive".

That was the phrasing someone left in my rep for that post.

Lest you forget, you yourself said it was a "great post!"

I do what I say, and I'm not sticking around for another 2000 posts trying to adjust you to reality.

:boohoo:

But go and pick apart my posts with more deflecting, "haha"'s.

Nearly every statement you make is "left open".

And nearly every statement you make is an ignorant conclusion based on shoddy evidence and shitty reasoning.

Again something an NTP does.

Keep banging away on that one.

It only goes to further demonstrate your delusion.

I'm sorry your use of your (normal and shadow) functions is so narrow that you must try to define people with more deft usage of them as something other than your own type.

I've seen it time and time again when they on the defensive.

To be honest, I'm not on the defensive at all.

This is more on the offensive.

five

MBTI Type
ZZZZ
Enneagram
5w6
The central argument was action vs theory, which you completely ignored. "Don't sweat the little things" - except you do the opposite.

Again you've just proved yourself. Instead sniping with smileys and Ti all over the show. Te arguments do look "amateur" to Ti's yes. They are big sweeping imprecise slices. But that's why it allows us to execute and achieve goals.

Your whole style has changed since 2 days ago a lot more smiley's all of a sudden. You are so unaware (Lack of Se) it's not funny. I have remained consistent.

You're an ENTP desperately trying to emulate a "tough minded" INTJ.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
The central argument was action vs theory, which you completely ignored. "Don't sweat the little things" - except you do the opposite.

No, I could just give two shits about your weak ass argument.

Again you've just proved yourself. Instead sniping with smileys and Ti all over the show. Te arguments do look "amateur" to Ti's yes. They are big sweeping imprecise slices. But that's why it allows us to execute and achieve goals.

Actually, shitty arguments just look shitty to smart people.

Your whole style has changed since 2 days ago a lot more smiley's all of a sudden. You are so unaware (Lack of Se) it's not funny. I have remained consistent.

Once again, the irony is astounding.

You try to convict me of having shitty Se, but you didn't even have the sense to realize that I was intentionally using more smileys.

Good one, hot shot.

You're an ENTP desperately trying to emulate a "tough minded" INTJ.

No. I'm just skinning you alive. Again.

five

MBTI Type
ZZZZ
Enneagram
5w6
Not that I would recommend it to someone as busy as you, but have you ever read Jung's description of Ni dominants?

Nope not at all. I learn by doing, reading a bit more, doing etc. In this case I would ask my INTP buddy to read it an explain it to me. He can wade through it all and pick it apart.

I want the concepts. I want them efficiently. For me that's the fastest method.

I don't want detail, and history and trivia etc. The only thing that matters in learning is concepts and being able to apply them. Anything else is a distraction.

But thank you, I will digest it in due course as per above method.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
As you can see, the extent of mr. five's knowledge of typology comes from reading a couple of online profiles (and then efficiently trying to apply [one of] them).

Nicodemus

Nope not at all. I learn by doing, reading a bit more, doing etc. In this case I would ask my INTP buddy to read it an explain it to me. He can wade through it all and pick it apart.

I want the concepts. I want them efficiently. For me that's the fastest method.

I don't want detail, and history and trivia etc. The only thing that matters in learning is concepts and being able to apply them. Anything else is a distraction.

But thank you, I will digest it in due course as per above method.
Here is a quick summary:

The Introverted Intuition Type

Introverted intuition is directed inward to the contents of the unconscious. It attempts to fathom internal events by relating them to universal psychological processes or to other archetypal images. Consequently it generally has a mythical, symbolic or prophetic quality.

According to Jung, the introverted intuition type can be either an artist, seer or crank. Such a person has a visionary ideal that reveals strange, mysterious things. These are enigmatic, 'unearthly' people who stand aloof from ordinary society. They have little interest in explaining or rationalizing their personal vision, but are content merely to proclaim it. Partly as a result of this, they are often misunderstood. Although the vision of the artist among this type generally remains on the purely perceptual level, mystical dreamers or cranks may become caught up in theirs. The person's life then becomes symbolic, taking on the nature of a Great Work, mission or spiritual-moral quest. If neurotic, repressed sensation may express itself in primitive, instinctual ways and, like their extraverted counterparts, introverted intuitives often suffer from hypochondria and compulsions.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Zara and five: :girlfight: TJ-style!

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Zara and five: :girlfight: TJ-style!

But I'm an ENTP!

Here is a quick summary

Or he could spend the approximate 5-10 minutes it would take to read the original:

Jung said:
8. Intuition

Intuition, in the introverted attitude, is directed upon the inner object, a term we might justly apply to the elements of the unconscious. For the relation of inner objects to consciousness is entirely analogous to that of outer objects, although theirs is a psychological and not a physical reality. Inner objects appear to the intuitive perception as subjective images of things, which, though not met with in external experience, really determine the contents of the unconscious, i.e. the collective unconscious, in the last resort. Naturally, in their per se character, these contents are, not accessible to experience, a quality which they have in common with the outer object. For just as outer objects correspond only relatively with our perceptions of them, so the phenomenal forms of the inner object are also relative; products of their (to us) inaccessible essence and of the peculiar nature of the intuitive function. Like sensation, intuition also has its subjective factor, which is suppressed to the farthest limit in the extraverted intuition, but which becomes the decisive factor in the intuition of the introvert. Although this intuition may receive its impetus from outer objects, it is never arrested by the external possibilities, but stays with that factor which the outer object releases within.

Whereas introverted sensation is mainly confined to the perception of particular innervation phenomena by way of the unconscious, and does not go beyond them, intuition represses this side of the subjective factor and perceives the image which has really occasioned the innervation. Supposing, for instance, a man is overtaken by a psychogenic attack of giddiness. Sensation is arrested by the peculiar character of this innervationdisturbance, perceiving all its qualities, its intensity, its transient course, the nature of its origin and disappearance [p. 506] in their every detail, without raising the smallest inquiry concerning the nature of the thing which produced the disturbance, or advancing anything as to its content. Intuition, on the other hand, receives from the sensation only the impetus to immediate activity; it peers behind the scenes, quickly perceiving the inner image that gave rise to the specific phenomenon, i.e. the attack of vertigo, in the present case. It sees the image of a tottering man pierced through the heart by an arrow. This image fascinates the intuitive activity; it is arrested by it, and seeks to explore every detail of it. It holds fast to the vision, observing with the liveliest interest how the picture changes, unfolds further, and finally fades. In this way introverted intuition perceives all the background processes of consciousness with almost the same distinctness as extraverted sensation senses outer objects. For intuition, therefore, the unconscious images attain to the dignity of things or objects. But, because intuition excludes the co-operation of sensation, it obtains either no knowledge at all or at the best a very inadequate awareness of the innervation-disturbances or of the physical effects produced by the unconscious images. Accordingly, the images appear as though detached from the subject, as though existing in themselves without relation to the person.

Consequently, in the above-mentioned example, the introverted intuitive, when affected by the giddiness, would not imagine that the perceived image might also in some way refer to himself. Naturally, to one who is rationally orientated, such a thing seems almost unthinkable, but it is none the less a fact, and I have often experienced it in my dealings with this type.

The remarkable indifference of the extraverted intuitive in respect to outer objects is shared by the introverted intuitive in relation to the inner objects. Just as the extraverted intuitive is continually scenting out new [p. 507] possibilities, which he pursues with an equal unconcern both for his own welfare and for that of others, pressing on quite heedless of human considerations, tearing down what has only just been established in his everlasting search for change, so the introverted intuitive moves from image to image, chasing after every possibility in the teeming womb of the unconscious, without establishing any connection between the phenomenon and himself. Just as the world can never become a moral problem for the man who merely senses it, so the world of images is never a moral problem to the intuitive. To the one just as much as to the other, it is an ae[]sthenic problem, a question of perception, a 'sensation'. In this way, the consciousness of his own bodily existence fades from the introverted intuitive's view, as does its effect upon others. The extraverted standpoint would say of him: 'Reality has no existence for him; he gives himself up to fruitless phantasies'. A perception of the unconscious images, produced in such inexhaustible abundance by the creative energy of life, is of course fruitless from the standpoint of immediate utility. But, since these images represent possible ways of viewing life, which in given circumstances have the power to provide a new energic potential, this function, which to the outer world is the strangest of all, is as indispensable to the total psychic economy as is the corresponding human type to the psychic life of a people. Had this type not existed, there would have been no prophets in Israel.

Introverted intuition apprehends the images which arise from the a priori, i.e. the inherited foundations of the unconscious mind. These archetypes, whose innermost nature is inaccessible to experience, represent the precipitate of psychic functioning of the whole ancestral line, i.e. the heaped-up, or pooled, experiences of organic existence in general, a million times repeated, and condensed into types. Hence, in these archetypes all experiences are [p. 508] represented which since primeval time have happened on this planet. Their archetypal distinctness is the more marked, the more frequently and intensely they have been experienced. The archetype would be -- to borrow from Kant -- the noumenon of the image which intuition perceives and, in perceiving, creates.

Since the unconscious is not just something that lies there, like a psychic caput mortuum, but is something that coexists and experiences inner transformations which are inherently related to general events, introverted intuition, through its perception of inner processes, gives certain data which may possess supreme importance for the comprehension of general occurrences: it can even foresee new possibilities in more or less clear outline, as well as the event which later actually transpires. Its prophetic prevision is to be explained from its relation to the archetypes which represent the law-determined course of all experienceable things.

Jung said:
9. The Introverted Intuitive Type

The peculiar nature of introverted intuition, when given the priority, also produces a peculiar type of man, viz. the mystical dreamer and seer on the one hand, or the fantastical crank and artist on the other. The latter might be regarded as the normal case, since there is a general tendency of this type to confine himself to the perceptive character of intuition. As a rule, the intuitive stops at perception; perception is his principal problem, and -- in the case of a productive artist-the shaping of perception. But the crank contents himself with the intuition by which he himself is shaped and determined. Intensification of intuition naturally often results in an extraordinary aloofness of the individual from tangible reality; he may even become a complete enigma to his own immediate circle. [p. 509]

If an artist, he reveals extraordinary, remote things in his art, which in iridescent profusion embrace both the significant and the banal, the lovely and the grotesque, the whimsical and the sublime. If not an artist, he is frequently an unappreciated genius, a great man 'gone wrong', a sort of wise simpleton, a figure for 'psychological' novels.

Although it is not altogether in the line of the introverted intuitive type to make of perception a moral problem, since a certain reinforcement of the rational functions is required for this, yet even a relatively slight differentiation of judgment would suffice to transfer intuitive perception from the purely æsthetic into the moral sphere. A variety of this type is thus produced which differs essentially from its æsthetic form, although none the less characteristic of the introverted intuitive. The moral problem comes into being when the intuitive tries to relate himself to his vision, when he is no longer satisfied with mere perception and its æsthetic shaping and estimation, but confronts the question: What does this mean for me and for the world? What emerges from this vision in the way of a duty or task, either for me or for the world? The pure intuitive who represses judgment or possesses it only under the spell of perception never meets this question fundamentally, since his only problem is the How of perception. He, therefore, finds the moral problem unintelligible, even absurd, and as far as possible forbids his thoughts to dwell upon the disconcerting vision. It is different with the morally orientated intuitive. He concerns himself with the meaning of his vision; he troubles less about its further æsthetic possibilities than about the possible moral effects which emerge from its intrinsic significance. His judgment allows him to discern, though often only darkly, that he, as a man and as a totality, is in some way inter-related with his vision, that [p. 510] it is something which cannot just be perceived but which also would fain become the life of the subject. Through this realization he feels bound to transform his vision into his own life. But, since he tends to rely exclusively upon his vision, his moral effort becomes one-sided; he makes himself and his life symbolic, adapted, it is true, to the inner and eternal meaning of events, but unadapted to the actual present-day reality. Therewith he also deprives himself of any influence upon it, because he remains unintelligible. His language is not that which is commonly spoken -- it becomes too subjective. His argument lacks convincing reason. He can only confess or pronounce. His is the 'voice of one crying in the wilderness'.

The introverted intuitive's chief repression falls upon the sensation of the object. His unconscious is characterized by this fact. For we find in his unconscious a compensatory extraverted sensation function of an archaic character. The unconscious personality may, therefore, best be described as an extraverted sensation-type of a rather low and primitive order. Impulsiveness and unrestraint are the characters of this sensation, combined with an extraordinary dependence upon the sense impression. This latter quality is a compensation to the thin upper air of the conscious attitude, giving it a certain weight, so that complete 'sublimation' is prevented. But if, through a forced exaggeration of the conscious attitude, a complete subordination to the inner perception should develop, the unconscious becomes an opposition, giving rise to compulsive sensations whose excessive dependence upon the object is in frank conflict with the conscious attitude. The form of neurosis is a compulsion-neurosis, exhibiting symptoms that are partly hypochondriacal manifestations, partly hypersensibility of the sense organs and partly compulsive ties to definite persons or other objects. [p. 511]