• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the first thing you think of when you think of a certain MBTI type

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't give a shit about motorcycles. ATVs sure but not motorcycles since you can easily kill yourself on one.

Well those ATVs seem interesting, with the all terrain stuff... Would you not sit on and use a bicycle either?

And oh... risk avoidant 7w8 there? Hehe :p (Recalling that thread about taking risks)

By the way I just checked out the wikipedia on ATVs, it says "They are as dangerous as motorcycles, based on mortality and injury scores", well I don't know, I didn't look up the source for it. It's also not clear to me if they meant that only without use of helmets. Just interesting...

badger055

Permabanned
Well those ATVs seem interesting, with the all terrain stuff... Would you not sit on and use a bicycle either?

And oh... risk avoidant 7w8 there? Hehe :p (Recalling that thread about taking risks)

By the way I just checked out the wikipedia on ATVs, it says "They are as dangerous as motorcycles, based on mortality and injury scores", well I don't know, I didn't look up the source for it. It's also not clear to me if they meant that only without use of helmets. Just interesting...
I use bicycles.

Haha I'm Ti dom it wouldn't be doing it's job if it didn't assess risks. ISTPs are tactical thinkers.

You're going to make me paranoid now. Still it sounds safer than going 100mph on a highway on motorcycle. If you fall off you get all your skin scraped off like cheddar cheese.

empertet

MBTI Type
INFJ
ISTJ- Cho from The Mentalist. Stoic, unfazed and rarely surprised. A tendency to seem cold, but this is what draws people to them.

ISFJ- Molly from Sherlock. Kind hearted and sees the best in those they love, if not everyone.

INFJ- Patrick Jane from The Mentalist. Seems perfectly polite, kind, open and intelligent, however you never know what they're thinking, where you stand with them or if you actually know anything about them whatsoever.

INTJ- The Queen piece on a chess board. Highly valued and they know it.

ISTP- A supercomputer AI. Emotion is a currency they don't deal in unless they let their guard down, even then they may deem this a "breech" that has to be plugged.

ISFP- A hippie (in the nicest sense), Both the inner and outer worlds are a paradise that must be looked after and watched over.

INFP- Amelia Pond from Doctor Who. Will stand up for what they believe in and will follow their heart to the end of time (Or at least 1950's Manhattan).

INTP- Sherlock without a Watson (from the ongoing UK series to be specific), A brilliant mind but they put you on edge. (I find it hard to read them due to their seeming lack of emotion.)

ESTP- A star that burns brightly, and unwittingly burns up anything that approaches it without the proper equipment.

ESFP- Jessica Day from New Girl, Bubbly, kind and enjoys spending time trying new things with loved ones.

ENFP- A slot machine that pays out equal to what you put in. The first few tries are free, attempting to get more than you've earned will yield unpredictable (often painful) results. You always know where you stand with them.

ENTP- A big kid who loves new shiny things, brightens up rainy days but ha poor impulse control. Might lack the ability to commit to friends or partners if they don't check themselves or if things grow stale.

ESTJ- A good leader and friend to those who require direction, but hell on earth to those who have their own ideas (unless those ideas correlate, in which case they seem like a god-send).

ESFJ- A werewolf. The human side strive for perfection in the "pack", stopping at nothing to make people happy, the wolf comes out when those people get hurt. Few people live to tell what happens to those who see the wolf.

ENFJ- Yin and Yang. They push and pull people (and allow others to do the same to them), they quickly discover how to manipulate people and are locked in a constant battle between selfishness and selflessness.

ENTJ- A teacher. Loves to talk about anything they know and freely share it, also like teachers they don't like to be corrected and despise anyone who says those two trigger words: "You're wrong."

---------------------------------------------------------

If anyone was offended by those that wasn't my intention, and I'd be happy to review it. :)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENFP - hey look it's me

ESFJ- A werewolf. The human side strive for perfection in the "pack", stopping at nothing to make people happy, the wolf comes out when those people get hurt. Few people live to tell what happens to those who see the wolf.

---------------------------------------------------------

If anyone was offended by those that wasn't my intention, and I'd be happy to review it. :)

oh my god someone who isn't irrationally biased towards ESFJs you're one of the people who needs to worry least about accidentally offending someone

(that was a really accurate summary btw)

empertet

MBTI Type
INFJ
ENFP - hey look it's me

oh my god someone who isn't irrationally biased towards ESFJs you're one of the people who needs to worry least about accidentally offending someone

(that was a really accurate summary btw)

Why would I be bias? (Genuine question BTW)

Also, does this mean you've experienced a personality change recently? You have ENFP as your MBTI (Though I'm guessing it's common to put non related stuff in that section), if so what's it like? (To change type that is) :)

Also thank you. :)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why would I be bias? (Genuine question BTW)

Good question. A lot of people seem to find reasons to hate on ESFJs online and tend to peg people they hold resentment towards (most popular choices are the bitchy popular girl from high school or your mom) as that type for the sake of finding reasons to hate on the entire type itself more.

Also, does this mean you've experienced a personality change recently? You have ENFP as your MBTI (Though I'm guessing it's common to put non related stuff in that section), if so what's it like? (To change type that is) :)

I've always been an ENFP. I just get upset when people make unfair generalizations about certain types and EFJs tend to take the most damage (ESTJs too).

empertet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Good question. A lot of people seem to find reasons to hate on ESFJs online and tend to peg people they hold resentment towards (most popular choices are the bitchy popular girl from high school or your mom) as that type for the sake of finding reasons to hate on the entire type itself more.

To be fair ESFJ can seem callous, or cruel at times but like I said way up yonder, they have a pack mentality. Remove them from the pack and they'll start weighing you up as a person rather than an outsider. If they like you they treat you as an extension of themselves, not just a friend :)

I've always been an ENFP. I just get upset when people make unfair generalizations about certain types and EFJs tend to take the most damage (ESTJs too).

To be honest (as a generalisation but not a hard and fast rule), I prefer Extroverts as friends. As an INFJ I pick up lies or things people hide from me quite fast, so Introverts tend to set off alarm bells about the most trivial things (They aren't necessarily lying, but rather holding back), Extroverts just say as they see and are blissfully unaware of deep-subconscious thought making everything have a more genuine down-to-Earth quality (And with my head in the clouds like a run-away hot-air balloon Earth is a welcome sight every now and then!

Not to say introverts are born liars and extroverts can't lie- but one of those two think aloud and that makes me more able to relax.

EDIT: Sorry, this is bugging me: Is that Castform in that picture? :|

Last edited:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
To be fair ESFJ can seem callous, or cruel at times but like I said way up yonder, they have a pack mentality. Remove them from the pack and they'll start weighing you up as a person rather than an outsider. If they like you they treat you as an extension of themselves, not just a friend :)

True, every type can have its ups and downs. But the keyword in your post is can - it leaves room for possibility. :) I just don't like it when people automatically assume that people will have certain qualities that aren't entirely contingent upon one's type.

To be honest (as a generalisation but not a hard and fast rule), I prefer Extroverts as friends. As an INFJ I pick up lies or things people hide from me quite fast, so Introverts tend to set off alarm bells about the most trivial things (They aren't necessarily lying, but rather holding back), Extroverts just say as they see and are blissfully unaware of deep-subconscious thought making everything have a more genuine down-to-Earth quality (And with my head in the clouds like a run-away hot-air balloon Earth is a welcome sight every now and then!

Ahh I see what you mean. I generally don't like it when people hold back from me either. I like to be given full attention and not feel like I'm making someone uncomfortable. You just gotta find the right introverts for you I guess. ;) Could you explain what you mean in the bold part? I'm very attuned to the external world but I also relate to having my head in the clouds.

EDIT: Sorry, this is bugging me: Is that Castform in that picture? :|

Yes it is! He's so cute. :heart:

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

INFJ: The witty covert-spy that displays Fe as a cover for plans in the background. Would kill anyone silently and sadistically as possible and then convince everyone that that person had to die for incredibly sensible reasons and would be acquitted of all charges.

Lol.

empertet

MBTI Type
INFJ
True, every type can have its ups and downs. But the keyword in your post is can - it leaves room for possibility. :) I just don't like it when people automatically assume that people will have certain qualities that aren't entirely contingent upon one's type.

I admit (with semi-hypocrisy), I tend to pidgion-hole people based on the "feel" I get from their type, at the same time I remind myself that the human element is both unpredictable yet incredibly simple: Observing them doing something that goes against what I thought of them (i.e. I list them as selfish and cold hearted, then see them with their grandmother being warm and patient- causes me to "switch off" all previous thoughts to calculate this new factor. Did I do something to make them hate me? Did I see them on a bad day? Or are they scared of being hurt so they pretend to be someone they're not?:( )

Ahh I see what you mean. I generally don't like it when people hold back from me either. I like to be given full attention and not feel like I'm making someone uncomfortable. You just gotta find the right introverts for you I guess. ;) Could you explain what you mean in the bold part? I'm very attuned to the external world but I also relate to having my head in the clouds.

Introverts are like presents, you have to get the wrapping off because shaking the box won't tell you much. XD
I can't speak for ALL introverts, so I'm going off myself when I say this: I consciously control almost everything in my internal environment. From body functions (I have to tell myself to blink, breathe, relax, tense.... I hope the downsides are obvious there!), body language (This essentially means I have no subconscious tells, this is so I can hide when I've been hurt or shut down any reaction whatsoever), I can flip "switches" in my head to suit my needs, not faking but becoming any personality I want with ease (though this can only be done for a few days and I pay dearly for it) Basically, NOTHING goes down in my mind, body or soul without my say so. Everything I do has been thought out long before it happens and in great detail (even that slight twitch someone thinks they know the meaning behind. (I think I see why INFJ's have a reputation as weirdos now).
The only thing I can't control is when my inner-world is threatened continuously it causes me to "switch off" or "ghost out". If someone pushes me that far I loose all that control and it genuinely terrifies me when I'm booted out of my own mind and body. :(

Yes it is! He's so cute. :heart:
He really is! And that's beautiful art! :)
Someone should draw "realistic" pokemon, like all of them. My life would be made.
:happy2:

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I barely survived and I'm still in a full body cast.

MBTI Type
INFP
Career version:
INFP
INFP 4w5: reclusive artist, whether musician, aspiring author, or artist, leading an alternative lifestyle in the pacific northwest and expressing their individuality through a bohemian fashion sense; likely frequents several coffee shops when attempting to find creative inspiration or overcome traces of writer's block.
INFP 4w3- fallen performing artist whom succumbed to the pressures of the music business and developed a drug/ painkiller addiction as an outlet for his frustrations and struggles; likely exudes a brooding, if somewhat dramatic demeanor and embodies the vibe of the troubled, misunderstood artist outcast by society.
INFP 5w4- Somewhat idiosyncratic graphic/ web designer in Seattle with an alternative fashion sense, whom readily becomes immersed within their artwork and artistic pursuits; seems detached or withdrawn from the concrete world and overly immersed within a value system or fantasy world of their own, which brings about certain struggles for said person in keeping up with their college coursework. Often complains about the "bureucratic" educational system of the university as well as they struggle to fully embrace their quirks and express their creative ideals.
INFP 9w1- Classic INFP whom spends much more time immersed in fictional novels and their rich inner world than focusing on the reality enclosing; is a talented writer with a penchant for words, yet lacks the motivation to establish the proper pathway to achieve their objective and rather, observes the outer world through an unassuming and easygoing, if detached lens. Likely puts others at ease with their gentle, unobtrusive demeanor as well, yet often struggles to balance among their own sense of identity and the wants of others when attempting to please everyone and satisfy their ideals.

INFJ
INFJ 4w5- Former goth/ emo during adolescence whom has since matured past said phase and has developed a fascination with writing, particularly journalism, as a means for creative outlet; likely grew up in an environment in which they felt outcast or alienated by their more conventional, traditionally-minded family members.
INFJ 4w3- Similar to the INFJ mentioned above, yet perhaps more likely to have experimented with different identities throughout their adolescent years, going through several fashion and hairstyle/ color changes when trying to develop an authentic identity; possibly developed a penchant for an artistic, alternative career, such as perhaps becoming a movie/ music critic or film student, to satisfy their needs for creativity.
INFJ 1w2- Very outspoken about their ethical principals, and likely the type to be involved in several humanitarian activities/ organizations aiming to help their underdog or the less fortunate. Decided to major in counseling, human resources, or social work as a college student in order to satisfy their passion to help, mentor, and guide others.
INFJ 1w9- Studious and something of a perfectionist, a history major minoring in philosophy, whom exhibits more connectedness to their intellectual side and finds more kindred-ship and understanding among their NT counterparts and their topics of conversation; less imposing than 1w2, but still intensely motivated by their own personal strong, ethical principals.
INFJ 6w5- Well-meaning, but tends to be analytical and contemplative to a fault when trying to decipher the underlying meanings and motivations of others; likely cares more for society's thoughts and opinions more so than do many other INFJ types and embodies a more impressionable, sensitive demeanor when striving to accommodate to the wants of other people. Possibly views psychology/ psychiatry as a career of interest as well in their curious quest to better understand themselves and others.

ENFJ 2w1- A model citizen whom graduated in the top 5% of their senior class and has pursued a career as a school teacher to better satisfy their desire to mentor and guide others, exhibiting a special fondness for children and a desire to foster their personal growth. Likely traveled to underdeveloped nations at a particular point as well with the desire to touch the lives of foreign children and offer them the opportunity for a quality education.

ENFJ 2w3- An "ace" whom was involved in many extracurricular as a high school student, graduated as an overachieving valedictorian, was an active partisan of their church and its activities, volunteers routinely in community service acts, and currently fills their family members with pride when working towards a doctorate in pediatrics; nonetheless, they may secrely feel overwhelmed with the need to please and cater to the expectations of others when denying their own hearts desires, in order to maintain their "perfect, spotless" facade.

ENFJ 1w2- Religious, active partisan of their church and personal faith.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
ENFP: MTV
INFP: The Disney Channel
INFJ: Lifetime
ENFJ: TBN

ESTP: ESPN
ISTP: National Geographic
ESFP: Animal Planet
ISFP: A&E

INTJ: The Learning Channel
ENTJ: Fox Business
ENTP: Cartoon Network
INTP: Sy-fy

ESTJ: C-Span
ISTJ: The Weather Channel
ESFJ: The Food Network
ISFJ: Home and Garden TV

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
entropie said:
Wanna discuss about it in a fistfight like a man ?

That almost makes sense. What is there to discuss? These are my impressions.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

This. So accurate.

Raffaella

bon vivant
ENTJ - steamroller that can't deal with details. Easy to listen to, hard to work with. Possible food issues due to NiSe. Avoid cooking for this person, tell them to order takeaway instead.
INTP - Quiet, hilarious, independent. Dirty dishes, non-ironed clothes. Non-picky eater, willing to try new flavours.
INTJ - Stylish but sensitive geek. Don't interrupt this person, they'll sulk for a long time.
ENTP - Very perceptive person. Don't bother keeping secrets from them, they pick it up eventually.

ENFP - Lifts spirits and confidence easily. Fun to be around but talk too much - I heard you the first time. Non-picky eater.
INFJ - Insightful yet very sensitive person. Interesting blog to read.
ENFJ - Compassionate person that'll choke you with their idealistic world view. Should probably listen to them more often.

ESFP - See ENFP.
ESTP - charming person that can probably complete everything I've been contemplating in the past week within two hours.
ISTP - Brutally honest person. Independent and respectful of personal space. Hard to discern.

ESFJ - Friendly, good acquaintance but vast differences ensure we don't become friends.
ISFJ - Practical and considerate person, loves Ne-aux humour. Will complain about restaurant menu even if they chose the restaurant based on the menu.
ISTJ - abort. abort. abort.
ESTJ - steamroller that can deal with details (the grim reaper in disguise)- I quit.