• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Clarifying the FD33

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here are the 16 traditional MBTI types listed using function language:
Si/Te with closure (ISTJ)
Si/Fe with closure (ISFJ)
Ni/Fe with closure (INFJ)
Ni/Te with closure (INTJ)
Ti/Se with non-closure (ISTP)
Fi/Se with non-closure (ISFP)
Fi/Ne with non-closure (INFP)
Ti/Ne with non-closure (INTP)
Se/Ti with non-closure (ESTP)
Se/Fi with non-closure (ESFP)
Ne/Fi with non-closure (ENFP)
Ne/Ti with non-closure (ENTP)
Te/Si with closure (ESTJ)
Fe/Si with closure (ESFJ)
Fe/Ni with closure (ENFJ)
Te/Ni with closure (ENTJ)

There are, however, 16 type possibilities not listed above or considered by the MBTI. Here is a list of the missing 16 types, each listed just below the traditional MBTI type.

Si/Te with closure (traditional MBTI type)
Si/Te with non-closure (non-traditional type)

Si/Fe with closure (traditional MBTI type)
Si/Fe with non-closure (non-traditional type)

Ni/Fe with closure
Ni/Fe with non-closure

Ni/Te with closure
Ni/Te with non-closure

Ti/Se with non-closure
Ti/Se with closure

Fi/Se with non-closure
Fi/Se with closure

Fi/Ne with non-closure
Fi/Ne with closure

Ti/Ne with non-closure
Ti/Ne with closure

Se/Ti with non-closure
Se/Ti with closure

Se/Fi with non-closure
Se/Fi with closure

Ne/Fi with non-closure
Ne/Fi with closure

Ne/Ti with non-closure
Ne/Ti with closure

Te/Si with closure
Te/Si with non-closure

Fe/Si with closure
Fe/Si with non-closure

Fe/Ni with closure
Fe/Ni with non-closure

Te/Ni with closure
Te/Ni with non-closure

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Here are the 16 traditional MBTI types listed using function language:
Si/Te with closure (ISTJ)
Si/Fe with closure (ISFJ)
Ni/Fe with closure (INFJ)
Ni/Te with closure (INTJ)
Ti/Se with non-closure (ISTP)
Fi/Se with non-closure (ISFP)
Fi/Ne with non-closure (INFP)
Ti/Ne with non-closure (INTP)
Se/Ti with non-closure (ESTP)
Se/Fi with non-closure (ESFP)
Ne/Fi with non-closure (ENFP)
Ne/Ti with non-closure (ENTP)
Te/Si with closure (ESTJ)
Fe/Si with closure (ESFJ)
Fe/Ni with closure (ENFJ)
Te/Ni with closure (ENTJ)

There are, however, 16 type possibilities not listed above or considered by the MBTI. Here is a list of the missing 16 types, each listed just below the traditional MBTI type.

Si/Te with closure (traditional MBTI type)
Si/Te with non-closure (non-traditional type)

Si/Fe with closure (traditional MBTI type)
Si/Fe with non-closure (non-traditional type)

Ni/Fe with closure
Ni/Fe with non-closure

Ni/Te with closure
Ni/Te with non-closure

Ti/Se with non-closure
Ti/Se with closure

Fi/Se with non-closure
Fi/Se with closure

Fi/Ne with non-closure
Fi/Ne with closure

Ti/Ne with non-closure
Ti/Ne with closure

Se/Ti with non-closure
Se/Ti with closure

Se/Fi with non-closure
Se/Fi with closure

Ne/Fi with non-closure
Ne/Fi with closure

Ne/Ti with non-closure
Ne/Ti with closure

Te/Si with closure
Te/Si with non-closure

Fe/Si with closure
Fe/Si with non-closure

Fe/Ni with closure
Fe/Ni with non-closure

Te/Ni with closure
Te/Ni with non-closure

Closure is expressed judging and non-closure is expressed perceiving? So I could be eNtj? As opposed to a enTj?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Closure is expressed judging and non-closure is expressed perceiving? So I could be eNtj? As opposed to a enTj?

Yes. That's all there is to it. Or you could say it more accurately using function nomenclature. It would look something like 'Ne/Ti with closure'.

I don't like Fudjack's naming system, but in his day there was no function language as we use it today. That's why I chose to go with the form in the OP. Function language is more informative, easier to read, and already omits these annoying J/P letters that don't really do anything to determine dominant function.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Yes. That's all there is to it. Or you could say it more accurately using function nomenclature.

I don't like Fudjack's naming system, but in his day there was no function language as we use it today. That's why I chose to go with the form in the OP. Function language is much handier and omits these annoying J/P letters that don't really do anything to determine dominant function.

This actually makes a great deal of sense in my case (Can't say for others), but it is similar to a thought I that I had when dealing with this system. It was simply to add a 'e' or 'i' in front of a type to denote whether they were socially introverted or extroverted. The reason why I feel introverted even though I lead with an extroverted function is explained through either one. I enjoy this.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This actually makes a great deal of sense in my case (Can't say for others), but it is similar to a thought I that I had when dealing with this system. It was simply to add a 'e' or 'i' in front of a type to denote whether they were socially introverted or extroverted. The reason why I feel introverted even though I lead with an extroverted function is explained through either one. I enjoy this.

I made quite a number of small changes to the post you responded to. But the meaning remains the same.

This page is even more expansive on the issue I think you're referring to. http://www.erictb.info/temperament1s.html
There is a handy chart about halfway down the page, to begin with.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

This might have some relevance to the issue of adding an e or i:
Introverts would be the more reserved types, extroverts would be the more outgoing and gregarious ones, people-focused would respond more to people, and task-focused would respond more to tasks and less to people. This one is important to consider, because we would think extroverts would be "people-focused", and perhaps introverts be "task-focused", but that is not necessarily the case. And this question comes up a lot in discussions on personality.
http://www.erictb.info/temperament1s.html

R

ReflecTcelfeR

By the base definitions I fit INTJ. Leaning towards Supine with Inclusion.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because the J/P figures so much in my correlation to "responsive" behavior, I too never liked the way F&D recast it. It's fine just the way it is. It's an interesting idea, but they should have used new letters. (The same with Socionics and their "j/p").

Perhaps some variation would be created through the Affection area (discussed in that link). Like ReflectR, if you're INTJ, that's Chart the Course (INJ), which would be Melancholy on the social level. If you're saying you're Supine in Inclusion (and you said this elsewhere), then might you be Melancholy in Affection? http://www.pastoral-counseling-center.org/Temperament-Area-of-Affection/melancholy-affection.htm (I allow that for some people, Affection might represent their Interaction Style instead of Inclusion).