• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mastermind INTJ's - not all it's cracked up to be

Zither Keys

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
My first thread, woot. Anyways,
Being an INTJ, I've had a few people tell me that I come across as "intimidating". If you're not familiar with the type, INTJ's are basically the strategists of the bunch. For every situation that occurs, we'll have ten scenarios playing out in our heads, and ten scenarios branching off from those. We're very much logical, rational, and adept at working alone, which other types may interpret as cold, unfeeling, and aloof. But what I'm saying is that we INTJ's have feelings too! Take Hannibal Lector for instance, one of the more well-known INTJ's. He had his moments with Clarice ;D So please don't label us as arrogant weirdos.
Feel free to share your past experiences with any INTJ's you have met.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
It's less that INTJs are actually emotionless and intimidating, more that a lot of them like to fancy themselves emotionless and intimidating.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I could see how my INTJ friend could come off as intimidating, but I'm not intimidated. It helps that she's like 90 pounds and nearly a foot shorter than me. She gives off a no-nonsense kind of vibe, even though she often enjoys nonsense.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have never met an intimidating INTJ. That must be a hoax.

I think you and Jaguar are the only two persons on this board who posess the faculty of relaying sarcasm online :D

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
It's less that INTJs are actually emotionless and intimidating, more that a lot of them like to fancy themselves emotionless and intimidating.

Thats been my experience online anyway lol

I have only met female INTJs IRL that I can recall or who took any mbti tests, and even then it was only 2 or 3 in my whole life and they were pretty cool girls, and not nearly as cold and logical as people make them out to be... just very organized.

Don't worry, [MENTION=14426]Zither Keys[/MENTION], this forum has its share of INTJ groupies hell-bent on their quest for the soft, sticky caramel inside those rock hard, unforgiving shells. Good thing too: keeps the dentists in business. :saturned:

Within

Permabanned
Take Hannibal Lector for instance, one of the more well-known INTJ's. He had his moments with Clarice

Moments sometimes turn into lifetimes. It's somewhat puzzling that they didn't follow the original story.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
We all have emotions.

We just express them differently.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't worry, [MENTION=14426]Zither Keys[/MENTION], this forum has its share of INTJ groupies hell-bent on their quest for the soft, sticky caramel inside those rock hard, unforgiving shells. Good thing too: keeps the dentists in business. :saturned:

:ninja: :wubbie: :ninja:

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
INTJs can definitely come across as intimidating, but lots of us know better. :biggrin: I'm married to a sweet INTJ who looks intimidating when he's serious, but is hilarious and fun when he's relaxed. :wubbie:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siW43SXk2Ac"]Honestly.[/YOUTUBE]

Usurper

Hannibal Lector is a psychopath, I don't think you should compare normal people following a certain thinking pattern to psychopaths.
Furthermore INTJ seems to be the ''man of science'' type, accurate and logical etc. This does not really mean that you are cold or anything, it's just that you like to work in a field where accuracy and a well structured environment counts/is needed. And also keep in mind that the MBTI may point out to some truths but is no really an answer to your personality, you are much more than your ''type''. You can have a cold INFP and a warm INTJ by all means.

uncommonentity

I'll kill you all and bathe in your blood while masturbating to my own reflection in the mirror. Not because I'm sick but purely because you doubted the fact I could end it like this.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
v He's a closet serial killer. Hell, I only have the slim chance of survival because I acknowledge that fact
I'll kill you all and bathe in your blood while masturbating to my own reflection in the mirror. Not because I'm sick but purely because you doubted the fact I could end it like this.
:wubbie:
Do It. Tape It. ??? Profit

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
My experience with INTJ's is that they can be very critical, but in reality they think that they are just being helpful. (Wouldn't someone want to improve?) What they don't realize is that their critical nature (in their minds, helpfulness) comes across to others as being arrogant or critical.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think someone is confusing INTJ with ISTJ. INTJs put their best social foot forward in a lot of ways. But that doesn't mean they like you or people in general. Their social being is just part of the strategizing of the INTJs, and they are usually very good at it, as with anything else they set their minds to. I think Mastermind is a pretty good type title, although it also sounds kind of evil.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"Intimidating" INTJs is like berets on the French. It's an old stereotype, but almost never reality - occasionally they themselves will play to the stereotype for lolz.

sculpting

its the death glare.

However on the bright side, my 4 yo INTJ was riding in the car and he explained he wanted to build a giant robot and take over the earth and kill everyone. "What about me and your brother?" I asked. He modifed his plan to include not killing family.

Since then his plans always spare family members, so i just need to convince him we are all "one big happy family" and you should love not kill everyone else.

I love my INTJs. :wubbie: