• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dario Nardi's Neuroscience of Personality

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
How were cognitive functions invented? I'm not saying that people 'made them up', but rather I'm wondering how human development created them in our brains. Is it perhaps some natural product of evolution, or maybe even a higher spiritual process we don't yet even understand?

Jung made them up to define and categorize some aspects of human cognition, which is obviously an product of evolution.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
F7 "Imaginative Mimic"

Infer based on context
Imagine another place or time
Mirror others' behavior
Ask "maybe" and "what if"
Mentally play out a situation.

Home of the "mirror neurons." Works as a kind of mental holodeck, where we play out scenarios in an imaginative context.

F8 "Grounded Believer"

Recall exact, literal details
Say a word or phrase with strong emphasis
Identity what we believe
Rate how much we like or dislike something
Ignore context.

Gets active when you say what's important to you in life. Helps guide our speech and recall detail about the things we consider important. Ignores context, so provides cross-contextual beliefs and details.

(Side note: autistic people show low F7 and high F8)

Fe (F7) vs. Fi (F8) mapped out? The first post implies a strong relationship between Fi and F8 . The satanic ESFJ is linked with F7. I wonder if this can be associated with other Fe types. I think so. What say you, Typoc?

I am certainly more F7 than F8.

I'm oversimplifying quite a lot here. There was a lot of information in that post, and much of it flew past me, but this stood out to me as worth commenting on. There's more to Fi and Fe, but this struck me as representing the "root" of the differences here.

Also, does this mean that Fi is an autistic function? Probably not exclusively, but I find that really amusing, for petty, personal reasons.

People obviously think about the world differently. Maybe typology isn't spot on, and isn't a perfect description of this, but I do think there are patterns in the way people think about the world.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Fe (F7) vs. Fi (F8) mapped out? The first post implies a strong relationship between Fi and F8 . The satanic ESFJ is linked with F7. I wonder if this can be associated with other Fe types. I think so. I'm probably not super-F7, although I use it sometime. I am not very F8.

I'm oversimplifying quite a lot here. There was a lot of information in that post, and much of it flew past me, but this stood out to me as worth commenting on. There's more to Fi and Fe, but this struck me as representing the "root" of the differences here.

Also, does this mean that Fi is an autistic function? Probably not exclusively, but I find that really amusing, for petty, personal reasons.

If ESFJ is satanic and Fi autistic, what does that make you?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol. What a patronising asshole. "Oh, so you're Polish? Allow me to speak very slowly in a pseudo-Polish accent as if you are a retard because that will help you to understand me."
"Here, I'll point to my head several times throughout my talk so you'll know where the brain lives." :rolleyes:
Guess it says a lot about his fanbase...

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lol. What a patronising asshole. "Oh, so you're Polish? Allow me to speak very slowly in a pseudo-Polish accent as if you are a retard because that will help you to understand me."
"Here, I'll point to my head several times throughout my talk so you'll know where the brain lives." :rolleyes:
Guess it says a lot about his fanbase...

Good thing at least some of his fanbase is on your ignore list, then.

badger055

Permabanned
It's weird that ENTPs and ISTPs make overlap on some places and not INTPs. I have found it to be true though. I knew an ENTP in highschool and we were mortal enemies. We were kind of alike we both liked to play mind games and stuff but he was really into trying to manipulate our social group to ostracise me for no reason at all. Of course he couldn't but he tried. It seemed like he never had genuine friends they were all just strategic pawns like he would never let himself be seen walking to class alone. To me it seemed like he took all the strategic stuff too far whereas I would use it mostly only when needed.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's worth noting that many supposed "experts" at the art of typing who are well-verses in Nardi's research still come to very different conclusions that they're just so dang sure of because the evidence (appears to) "back it up".

My theory is that we can each see the same pieces, but we integrate them into our mental models and various worldviews quite differently, so who's really right?

W

WALMART

It's worth noting that many supposed "experts" at the art of typing who are well-verses in Nardi's research still come to very different conclusions that they're just so dang sure of because the evidence (appears to) "back it up".

My theory is that we can each see the same pieces, but we integrate them into our mental models and various worldviews quite differently, so who's really right?

me

chado

MBTI Type
infp
hey could you give which functions use most of the right brain to the least?

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
He initially struck me as an ENFP type, seeing him on video. However, there is real proof of INTJ-ness out there:
http://www.radiancehouse.com/games.htm
http://www.radiancehouse.com/downloads/PlayersGuide.pdf

These products are typical of an INTJ (building a gaming world from scratch), and not the usual pastime for an ENFP.

I suspect he might have an unusual Enneagram type for an INTJ, assuming he's INTJ. Possibly 7 or 9.
When reading Magic Diamond I saw he has a lot of hangups typical for 9. Found them extremely annoying.