• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's Your Temperament?

Silveresque

Actually, after reading descriptions here, I think Supine Phlegmatic fits me better for the aspect of control. But could that just be influence from Inclusion and Affection?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That face looked perfect to me. The Phlegmatic is just plain in description. They eyes are just drawn as vertical rectangles.

Of course, all five faces are represented in my avatar.

Also, your temperament for the most part matches the type you're going with now, But still, you always seemed more N (and E) to me.

Yeah I seem pretty E on the web site, but I originally typed myself as an introvert when I came here and someone who talks to me one-on-one every day and knows me better than I think anyone on this website thinks I'm an ISFP. And he says his step-dad is ISFP. And he's a Sensor. His bff is an INFJ, so he does know what an NF looks like. My issue was my forcefulness which I think can be explained by Se rather than Te, and how ISFP is the extroverted introvert like ENFP is the introverted extrovert.

I took a Keirsey style test yesterday and got xNFP as usual, even while I fit the SP temperament better, I continue to get N.I mean literally I get NFP, I don't even get E or I on Keirsey or MBTI. I literally get 50-50, though on some other tests I might actually get INFP or ENFP, ISFP or ESFP, but it's always by like a few percentages, I am truly borderline in the E/I dichotomies. S/N is also much closer than FP. I am soooo FP it's ridiculous.

In terms of cognitive functions, Se/Ni could really make sense (read my blog if you care why I think that) and Simulated World commented on another site the other day that No Cap had thought I was ESFP when he met me, and Sim still thought I was ENFP, and he doesn't seem to have an argument against me typing myself as SFP. A lot of self-typed SPs on this site don't either.

I don't like the idea of being xxFP. I don't like having Xs in my type.

So, Phlegmatic in Inclusion means you can take people or leave them. So you (@OP) will tend to not approach many people, and be passive or noncomittal with them, so you won't appear to have an "I'm the boss" attitude a lot.

That's how I am in IRL, too.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
By this chart, I'm probably Sanguine:bunnyglee: Phlegmatic :bored: Choleric :threaten:

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, after reading descriptions here, I think Supine Phlegmatic fits me better for the aspect of control. But could that just be influence from Inclusion and Affection?
Likely.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

So you're an INTP too?
I notice that some NTP's do come out as Sanguine. Like ol' Xander, who had taken the actual FIRO-B and was the first ever person online I could compare the temperaments to type, scored as something that amounted to a Sanguine-Phlegmatic blend.

Where Melancholy shares with Choleric the low wanted Control (which amounts to structure-focus), the Sanguine shares the high expressed Control (pragmatism). So I look at that as a close match as well.

I don't know much about this system. I get interested in it every now and again, but I was wondering if perhaps the reason why Within and I relate to Supine in this description is due to Dom-Tert. loops in JCF and not the actual description itself. Is this a valid thought? This thought would only work if I were an ENTP though, so if I find that I'm not after all of this analyzation then disregard.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Inclusion: Supine followed by phlegmatic
Control: Melancholy followed by phlegmatic
Affection: Not sure. Kind of a mix of Melancholy/Supine/Choleric

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know much about this system. I get interested in it every now and again, but I was wondering if perhaps the reason why Within and I relate to Supine in this description is due to Dom-Tert. loops in JCF and not the actual description itself. Is this a valid thought? This thought would only work if I were an ENTP though, so if I find that I'm not after all of this analyzation then disregard.
Within has INTJ, so dom/tert would be NiFi. I guess if tertiary Feeling is strong, that could affect it. For you, if you're INTP, I still think it's what i explained; Choleric is mellowed out to Melancholy. That is typical for INTP's, while Within was the first time I think, I have seen an INTJ get Supine. So in that case, it is likely a different reason, like the JCF dynamic you mentioned.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OK, since this was resurrected http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/online-personality-tests/29353-why-him-why-her.html, and I had forgotten about it; it is a good evidence of what I have been saying about NT being Choleric.
Jennifer was one who did not identify with Choleric in Control, but rather Melancholy instead; yet she and several others do identify with the "Director" type, which would be the Choleric of the four in that system (likely a Keirsey knockoff as it is), and yet obviously corresponds to NT. http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/online-personality-tests/29353-why-him-why-her-6.html
It can be just a matter of the right description for it to click for the person.

So I wonder what [MENTION=10653]SuchIrony[/MENTION] would choose on that one (you should check it out; that thread was from before you joined).

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So I wonder what [MENTION=10653]SuchIrony[/MENTION] would choose on that one (you should check it out; that thread was from before you joined).

I scored as Negotiator with secondary Director. Overall the description fit me well. Except negotiator suggests I'm an NF and not an NT.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, as a temperament blend, for an INTP, Negotiator would fit INP (Behind the Scenes). So that's actually a perfect match! Negotiator: INP (Supine or Phlegmatic in Inclusion); Director: NT (choleric in Control).

I guess those are good descriptions, which allows NT's to recognize their Choleric side despite whatever tempering effect the Inclusion temperament might have.
(Since this topic was started from a table I created, maybe I could draw from those).

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tried to do this as best I can

Inclusion: Phlegmatic
Control: Phlegmatic-Melancholy
Affection: Phlegmatic

That is generally what I think of myself to the best of my abilities.

If I can find anything that could tag along with phlegmatic for Inclusion and Affection I will add it.

But so far, I don't think I'll be changing the Phlegmatic for affection.

sceadugenga

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Inclusion: Melancholy-Choleric
Control: Melancholy
Affection: Melancholy-Supine

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's no such thing as Melancholy-Choleric or Melancholy-Supine within an area. When I mention those kinds of combinations, they are usually Inclusion-Control combinations (Melancholy in Inclusion, Choleric in Control - INTJ, sure the Choleric isn't in Control for you; does "Director" in that other system fit?; Melancholy in Inclusion; Supine in Control - INFJ).

Only Phlegmatic can be blended with the others in an area, and what that means is that the temperament is moderate in either the expressed or wanted dimension.

So if you're between Melancholy and Choleric in Inclusion, you might be Phlegmatic Melancholy or Phlegmatic Choleric.
http://www.pastoral-counseling-cent...Inclusion/phlegmatic-melancholy-inclusion.htm
http://www.pastoral-counseling-cent...f-Inclusion/phlegmatic-choleric-inclusion.htm
What that means is that you express moderately (ambivert) instead of low (introvert, like a Melancholy) or high (extrovert, like a Choleric), yet respond low (directive), like either the Melancholy or Choleric.

If you're inbetween Melancholy and Supine in Affection, you might be Melancholy Phlegmatic, or Supine Phlegmatic
http://www.pastoral-counseling-cent...Affection/melancholy-phlegmatic-affection.htm
http://www.pastoral-counseling-cent...-of-Affection/supine-phlegmatic-affection.htm
This means you express low (not very open or affectionate), yet have a moderate want of openness/affection (can take it or leave it).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Based on this chart, my temperament order is phlegmatic-melancholy-supine.
inclusion: phlegmatic - :mellow:
control: melancholy - :(
affection: supine - I can't find one for this...:shrug:

I concur with all that.

kissmyasthma

MBTI Type
I???
Enneagram
huh
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Inclusion: Phlegmatic
Control: Phlegmatic-Melancholy
Affection: Supine

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
temperament: inclusion (sanquine)
:hi:
control (phlegmatic):bye:
affection (sanguine):party2:

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm in a PM conversation on PerC with someone asking about this, and had written something putting it in a way that deserved posting here:

So I see this simple table really does not cover the modification of the temperaments across the three areas enough. It really can't, so that way I conceived it, one has to imagine what a cross of I C and A does to the overall behavior.

If I say "everyone is in, but you have to reach out and invite me", yet once the person is in, then it suddenly becomes "I'm the Boss", then most everyone will be sorry they accepted the invitation, (let alone them having had to move to accept me)! No one would then want to be bothered.
So what's going to happen? I'm going to have to tone down trying to be "boss" in order to make the Inclusion need more likely to be met.

So this again is why many I's and/or P's who are NT won't identify with Choleric. But again, Melancholy is close, and especially Phlegmatic-Melancholy (^kma^), which is right next to it.

Also, the way this works, is that you have to pass the Inclusion criteria first, with directives having more strict criteria, and informatives being more open to accept anyone. Once in a relationship, you encounter the Control area, and eventually, the Affection area, which is the deepest level, and the last you would normally encounter.
So you can't necessarily expect a Choleric in Control to readily begin bossing others around, or a Supine in Control to accept bossing around by others. You have to get past Inclusion to begin with. So a Behind the Scenes might look more passive, while an In Charge will still appear bossy, regardless of the conative temperament.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Inclusion - Supine, sometimes melancholy
Control - Melancholy, maybe phlegmatic
Affection - supine, but feedback from others say melancholy

I usually test melancholy-phlegmatic, which might be supine on tests which don't have it as a result, except I'm not into serving people.
Being enneagram 4w5 sp/sx, I think the 4 elitism & 5 self-sufficiency & self-preservation instinct tend to look "melancholy", but the 4 & sexual instinctual desire for close, intense connection with others is more supine, especially as a 4 will simply fantasize about it & not take action.