• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Alignment --> MBTI?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's intriguing. I won't dispute it - I know several IxxJ characters who'd probably fall under Lawful. Speaking for myself, though, decisions are based on a personal code of right and wrong. If my idea of fighting for the right thing falls beyond the boundaries of society's rules - then said rules be damned. I'll happily rock the boat.

One of my friends is INTJ and typically scores as any variation of Evil, which she is immensely proud of. Hmm.

Yeah for the life of me I don't understand being proud of being Evil...unless you only mean it in a fantasy sense, like within a video game, not your real-life morals. I guess Evil means anything for personal gain, including harm to others even if they do not deserve it in any way. Evil people are completely about themselves, and seriously if that's someone's REAL morality I'm staying the fuck away from them.

I know I tested as Chaotic Neutral on this test because I value my freedom and independence over any group mentality or self-sacrifice. I feel that as long as what I'm doing doesn't hurt or bother anyone, then that should be fine. I answered "fleeing" or "leaving" to a lot of the questions on this test. Simply removing myself from the equation, not actively harming anyone.

On the other hand, it's not totally accurate because I believe in giving to the needy and fighting evil...and I do it in either a more Chaotic or Neutral way...like Neutral Good or Chaotic Good, which is what I've gotten before in the past.

The way this test was worded, many of the questions looked too much like Fe to me. I was like "oh no."

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah for the life of me I don't understand being proud of being Evil...unless you only mean it in a fantasy sense, like within a video game, not your real-life morals. I guess Evil means anything for personal gain, including harm to others even if they do not deserve it in any way. Evil people are completely about themselves, and seriously if that's someone's REAL morality I'm staying the fuck away from them.

I think my friend has an idealized idea of herself (in her fantasy world) that she tries to project in real life. No one sees who she really is because of this projection. I don't know why she'd want people to think of her as megalomaniacal and diabolical, other than perhaps it makes her feel powerful and feared - and thereby respected in a perverse way. She is a very selfish person, admittedly, and she doesn't show a whole lot of emotion. Very strong Te. I'm sure there are INTJs who are not this way - I suspect my friend might be a little on the unhealthy side. She knows it, I know she knows it, and I think she's proud of that, too. She's a good person to go out and actively do something with (ex.: going to an amusement park or playing video games), but we don't have deep conversations or wax philosophical because she loses interest. We can only handle each other in small doses, and very often I find myself calling her on her bullshit. Which she hates. But I don't care.

Anyway...like I said, I'm sure there are plenty of INTJs who are grounded, down-to-earth people. I have in the past noticed a lot of them testing as Evil, though. I wonder if some of them are just as pleased with that as my friend, and what the reasons might be for any correlation?

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I scored Chaotic Neutral, as usual.

I don't think I really am that neutral, though. The way the questions are worded tend to tip me that way, but if anything, the way I actually act is more Chaotic Good than anything. It's the Fi in me.

There seems to be no real connection between MBTI and alignments, beside the rather obvious correlation between Js and lawful, Ps and chaotic. Oh, and that all the INTPs seem to be scoring as some variation of neutral.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Um, um, um.

I don't think "Evil" should be taken literally. For myself, it means I know what I want and will do whatever it takes to get it. Self-preservation, is all. I'm not out to screw people over just because.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Um, um, um.

I don't think "Evil" should be taken literally. For myself, it means I know what I want and will do whatever it takes to get it. Self-preservation, is all. I'm not out to screw people over just because.

I see. My Chaotic Neutral responses were for the same reason...self-pres. Absolutely.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
True Neutral .. Well that brought me closer to knowing what 4 letters i am.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Obviously, most of you have never played D&D, which is where alignment like this originated. Alignment is incapable of producing a complete person, which is why we use it for made up characters. It gives a feel of the direction we want the character to go. I am downright ashamed that not everybody is in the "Good" category. Come on, guys, Evil? Really? You do things with the intention of hurting others?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
True Neutral

True Neutral- A true neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. He doesn't feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most true neutral characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil after all, he would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, he's not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some true neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. True neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion. However, true neutral can be a dangerous alignment because it represents apathy, indifference, and a lack of conviction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (18)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (18)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (23)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (23)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXX (8)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXX (6)
Neutral - XXXXXXXX (8)
Chaos --- XXXXXXXX (8)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (15)
Evil ---- XX (2)

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Obviously, most of you have never played D&D, which is where alignment like this originated. Alignment is incapable of producing a complete person, which is why we use it for made up characters. It gives a feel of the direction we want the character to go. I am downright ashamed that not everybody is in the "Good" category. Come on, guys, Evil? Really? You do things with the intention of hurting others?

No. I do things for good.

My own good. :p

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP 5w4 -- Top score is Neutral Good, but Neutral is almost equal to it.
(Which sounds like equanimity to me.)

Neutral Good- A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias for or against order. However, neutral good can be a dangerous alignment because because it advances mediocrity by limiting the actions of the truly capable.

Detailed Results:
Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (22)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (15)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXX (9)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (15)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXX (7)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXX (6)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Chaos --- XXXX (4)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXX (9)
Evil ---- XXX (3)

Lawful good, aintcha?

And yes, of course it's from AD&D. I bought my first D&D boxed set 31 years ago. What's that have to do with not discussing it in terms of personality?

It's just basically a morality test... but personality especially in terms of whether one is more likely to respect authority and appreciate order or else appreciate chaos, etc., can tie into personality. We have threads on this site that test for religious values/beliefs, and there's some correlation as well. (Many more INTPs end up in Buddhism or agnosticism than end up in a conservative religion, for example.)

I doubt that. The problem is the D&D model for alignment doesn't even apply well to the games they originated from anymore. It's almost impossible to align fictional characters nowadays too unless they're particularly one dimensional. People's motivations, intents, and allegiances change to much to be identified on 3x3 grid.

It was just a way for the game originally to cater to the battle between good and evil, set up weapons/items to be used by only certain moralities, etc.

Remember the stupidity called an "alignment language"? What a laugh! :) "I'm going to talk to the ranger in Lawful Good now!" That fell by the wayside from the game years ago, I think.

I was involved in a RPG endeavor in the '90's, and the best part of that system was the morality system. It was dynamic, and this was before a lot of systems opted for a more dynamic system. It wasn't complicated, there was just a sliding scale from Giver to Taker (which essentially came down to Other-Centered vs Self-Centered), and depending on where you were on the scale, you got certain benefits and disadvantages. Actions were ranked to ascribe points to the character's alignment.

(Of course, a pen-and-paper system is not as well-suited for that sort of approach, vs a computer/automated scoring approach; the big issue with the game in general is that while the mechanics made more sense than AD&D at the time, the calculations were a little too complex to do quickly by hand, and the ENFJ who created the game wouldn't let anything be touched since he had his own vision for the game... Sigh. So it died.)

I think obviously the most organic approach is to give the Game Master some guidelines and let them handle how items and people react to players based on their actions, it's too hard to make run morality as a rules system. Same thing with personality.

Neutralpov

I came out lawful neutral but I don't think that is super descriptive of me. I may be more lawful good but I just found the scenarios odd to answer in the forced hypothetical way and thus unrepresentative of me. Eh not putting much stock in this one since I see it was made for D&D and fiefdom fantasy.

kissmyasthma

MBTI Type
I???
Enneagram
huh
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've scored Chaotic Good in the past, but this time I got Chaotic Neutral. Looking at both of the descriptions, Chaotic Good describes my motivations (in a simplistic, broad, D&D way, haha) much better.

Lord Guess

MBTI Type
ENTP
Neutral Evil. Which is sort of a surprise: I would have expected Chaotic Neutral, but Neutral Evil works too.

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXX (3)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (23)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (18)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (28)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (26)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XX (2)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Chaos --- XXXXXXXXXX (10)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- X (1)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)