• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fe politics versus Fi politics

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh, come now. My point is that other factors have to be altered before a flat tax is adopted. Part of the reason we even have the rich get taxed more is because of what a ludicrously innapropriate amount of money they make.
Creating a flat tax before we've attempted to balance other aspects of the field would only inflame the inequality problem.

What constitutes ludicrously inappropriate? I bet many people that we consider poor here would be considered rich by many living in third world ghettos or refugee camps. Would the poor here be willing to give over a large portion of there money to help those who are more poor?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
How so? Virtually the only thing stopping people would be morals. I assure you that if I knew the government was going to take a large portion of my money upon my death, I wouldn't report it and I would make sure my family got it and knew how to spend it without getting caught.
For some reason I get the feeling that *most* men/people would agree with this/his sentiment.

Life is *inherently* difficult. Both as individuals and as parents, I think we instinctively intend to not only make our own lives easier, but to make that of our children's lives easier, as well.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What constitutes ludicrously inappropriate? I bet many people that we consider poor here would be considered rich by many living in third world ghettos or refugee camps. Would the poor here be willing to give over a large portion of there money to help those who are more poor?

I based my terms entirely on proportions. Large and small amounts of wealth are not define by finite standards, but rather percentages of the accumulated national wealthy.

As for giving to people in other countries: That's a matter of foreign policy. You can try to give to others, but I don't think it would be a good idea, because this country needs to work itself out better before it could effectively nurture other countries.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Mr. Galt, no, I wasn't saying I didn't understand *you*, I was saying that I didn't understand what you were stating, i.e. your point.

I would love to understand you better, by better understanding your POV (though there are no guaranties), so if you care to be understood better, please elucidate. ;)

Either way, it's all good.

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
Mr. Galt, no, I wasn't saying I didn't understand *you*, I was saying that I didn't understand what you were stating, i.e. your point.

I would love to understand you better, by better understanding your POV (though there are no guaranties), so if you care to be understood better, please elucidate. ;)

Either way, it's all good.

My point is that what exists should have little influence on your ideas of what should be. Nothing more.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
My point is that what exists should have little influence on your ideas of what should be. Nothing more.
Ah, OK!!!! :) :) :)

Gotcha.

But if I want to construct a *reasonable* model as to what the world *should* be like, wouldn't it be necessary for me to have adequate knowledge on how the world *actually is* in order to efficiently/accurately model what it should be???

And, uh, hey... I thought I was supposed to be the idealistic one here... :huh:

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi

Gotcha.

But if I want to construct a *reasonable* model as to what the world *should* be like, wouldn't it be necessary for me to have adequate knowledge on how the world *actually is* in order to efficiently/accurately model what it should be???

Apparantly you haven't read Ayn Rand.

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP

Gotcha.

But if I want to construct a *reasonable* model as to what the world *should* be like, wouldn't it be necessary for me to have adequate knowledge on how the world *actually* is in order to efficiently/accurately model what it should be???
The creators of the first "government" had nothing to base their model on. You have at least an average (although because you are posting in a political thread I'd say above average) knowledge of government. Also, like any good system, a good political/governmental system functions logically, a form of thought everybody is capable of.

INTJ introverted functions are Ni and Fi. Our implementation is just 100% logical thinking.
Eh? What does she have to do with this? An idealistic INTJ?
You read her books. Why don't you help us out? :harhar:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

And you probably shouldn't. :coffee:

I will say his name once more! Mancur Olson!
Somebody look-up collective action and save me some trouble.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
No, I haven't, but from what little I've read on Objectivism, it really doesn't appeal to me, and I think she might've had a screw or three loose.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
No, I haven't, but from what little I've read on Objectivism, it really doesn't appeal to me, and I think she might've had a screw or three loose.

:rofl1: You just insulted Mr. Galt's idol. He obviously picked his username after the protagonist in Atlas Shrugged. My work here is done.

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
:rofl1: You just insulted Mr. Galt's idol. He obviously picked his username after the protagonist in Atlas Shrugged. My work here is done.
Not insulted at all. We have discussed this before, Kiddo. I agree with her on many points, but not all. And why would I idolize a person simply because she agrees with me?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
The creators of the first "government" had nothing to base their model on. You have at least an average (although because you are posting in a political thread I'd say above average) knowledge of government. Also, like any good system, a good political/governmental system functions logically, a form of thought everybody is capable of.
Really, they didn't loosely base it on the ancient Greek construct of a/the Republic, or something like that????

*neither a history nor a poli. sci. buff*

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
Really, they didn't loosely base it on the ancient Greek construct of a/the Republic, or something like that????

*neither a history nor a poli. sci. buff*

The Greek political construct was not the first political/governmental entity, so these "pioneers" of sorts could not base their system on something that had not yet occurred.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
So, basically you are talking about discontinuous political growth, i.e. revolution?!?!?

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
The Greek political construct was not the first political/governmental entity, so these "pioneers" of sorts could not base their system on something that had not yet occurred.

The first political construct was Hammurabi who initiated the first code of law, "An eye for an eye."

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Civilization seems to have independantly developed in a few different places.
The people who developed these civilizations had only tribal and nomadic societies before them.

I imagine that much of the development of modern society as it is was not planned.