• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fe politics versus Fi politics

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
It's not just INTJs. All the big time Fe shadow people's are generally fierce individualists/conservatives/classical liberals.

That includes...

ENTJ, ESTJ
INTJ, ISTJ
ENFP, ESFP

When I overgeneralize, I do it big! Big I tell ya!

Yes, but our "only redeeming quality?" Not so.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."

Ah, I knew there was a strategy. Of course, that saying comes with the supplement, "Keep your back to the wall."

I don't mean to say that he's wrong just because its a stereotype. Stereotypes are founded in truth. But he generalizes to the point where I can't help but feel he sees everyone according to their stereotype.

So basically you are just stereotyping me as a stereotyper because I occasionally make a few crude accusations of INTJs and I once disagreed with you on your type. :rofl1:

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
So basically you are just stereotyping me as a stereotyper because I occasionally make a few crude accusations of INTJs and I once disagreed with you on your type. :rofl1:

Not quite...stereotypes are broad generalizations. It would be very hard to make a broad generalization about a single person.

B

ByMySword

There's a stereotype of a stereotyper? :huh: Do explain. ;)

And no, that's not why. I notice that you DO stereotype people a lot, moreso than others. And not just on type. But religion and political ideology. Do you deny this?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Damn you guys- get back on topic!!! :steam: You're no fun this way!

Get a room!

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
;) *tsk* ing Mr. G and BMS and anyone else who may be lurking and considering posting something akin to the idea that they weren't going to play along.

Society is governed by rules and give and take, as is the site- the same dynamics and rules apply here as apply in general. Uber had confidence problems and was easily influenced to go against the rules by others. It was what drew some people to encourage him that ended up getting him banned. I think that we can all learn a lesson about being wary of what we do in the future from that :)

As much as I hate using quotes, this one is all too appropriate.

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

However, in this case, I find the rules to be "tolerable", so I'm not getting myself into too much trouble :)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
:huh: He is making a *specific* observation about a singular individual, i.e. you. I don't get it.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well then, you should have been wary enough of the rules not to poke your friend towards the bad side of them shouldn't you have... ;)

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
Well then, you should have been wary enough of the rules not to poke your friend towards the bad side of them shouldn't you have... ;)

I wasn't aware that he was breaking them. Besides, I have no right to tell him what he can and cannot do.

B

ByMySword

As much as I hate using quotes, this one is all too appropriate.

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

However, in this case, I find the rules to be "tolerable", so I'm not getting myself into too much trouble :)

In my opinion, the rules of society are guidelines, not rules. I view this forum as a way to talk with people just as if they were standing face to face with me. That means I feel I should be free to say anything I want to them. If I offend, then I will discuss it just as I would with a person in rl.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
There's a stereotype of a stereotyper? :huh: Do explain. ;)

And no, that's not why. I notice that you DO stereotype people a lot, moreso than others. And not just on type. But religion and political ideology. Do you deny this?

I do. I think you are making a broad generalization about me. Whereas in the past I have made broad generalizations about conservatives, Christians, and INTJs in jest, if you go back and read my pre-Texan invasion posts on those subjects, it will reveal a different picture of who I am. I'm just easily polarized when I encounter members from the Meta group and naturally tend to overgeneralize as an emotional reaction to encountering you "right-wing" minded folks.

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm off to go make a thread entitled "Why Do You Follow Laws/Rules?"

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wasn't aware that he was breaking them. Besides, I have no right to tell him what he can and cannot do.

So you're willing to claim to be friends with someone and be amused by them, but you're not willing to help them avoid being banned. That is not exactly friendship of any sort Mr G- that is you using him as your happy preforming monkey.

Awareness of society is a valuable skill to learn :yes:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Kiddo... you lump INTJs and ESFPs together? :shock:

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm just easily polarized when I encounter members from the Meta group and naturally tend to overgeneralize as an emotional reaction to encountering you "right-wing" minded folks.
Classical liberalism = conservatism?
So you're willing to claim to be friends with someone and be amused by them, but you're not willing to help them avoid being banned. That is not exactly friendship of any sort Mr G- that is you using him as your happy preforming monkey.

Awareness of society is a valuable skill to learn :yes:
Or suppose, perhaps, that I view relationships differently than you do. In my mind the worst crime a person can commit is to do something to somebody else "for their own good". Either admit you're doing it for less than moral or don't do it.

Kiddo... you lump INTJs and ESFPs together?
Lack of Fe.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Or suppose, perhaps, that I view relationships differently than you do. In my mind the worst crime a person can commit is to do something to somebody else "for their own good". Either admit you're doing it for less than moral or don't do it.

Lack of Fe.

Frankly, I think that you're part of the reason that Uber got banned and I hope that you at least got reprimanded for some of your behavior that led him astray.

That aside, using your lack of Fe to rationalize the fact that your real concerns are in yourself and your own ideals is a pretty shitty thing to do- real frienship is about giving- not sitting aside and watching someone else destroy themselves.

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
Frankly, I think that you're part of the reason that Uber got banned and I hope that you at least got reprimanded for some of your behavior that led him astray.
Then it may be good that the decision is not up to you :)

That aside, using your lack of Fe to rationalize the fact that your real concerns are in yourself and your own ideals is a pretty shitty thing to do- real frienship is about giving- not sitting aside and watching someone else destroy themselves.
Don't need to answer this. Read previous post.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I do. I think you are making a broad generalization about me. Whereas in the past I have made broad generalizations about conservatives, Christians, and INTJs in jest, if you go back and read my pre-Texan invasion posts on those subjects, it will reveal a different picture of who I am. I'm just easily polarized when I encounter members from the Meta group and naturally tend to overgeneralize as an emotional reaction to encountering you "right-wing" minded folks.

Do you even know what my political stance is? I am probably as liberal or moreso than you are on matters not dealing with the economy.

I seem to remember you recently bashing conservatives on some thread with Wolf and Lateralus (which I won't bother to find right now) that I wasn't even in, nor was the Meta group.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but lack of ability to maintain control when confronted with differing view points is hardly a good excuse.

I don't dislike you as a person but I don't like it when you only use your knowledge of INTJs to point out our flaws. Which is exactly what you accuse us of doing...using logic only to support positions we already hold.