• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What global cities are suitable for each personality type?

curiousel

Please choose one to five suitable cities for each personality type. The first city you write would be the most suitable, in your opinion, for that type.

If you are unable to spot suitable cities for all personality types, you might just choose a city suitable to your taste. If you choose to do that, don´t forget to tell us what is your type.

Protectors (SJ)

ESTJ - Overseer:
ESFJ - Supporter:
ISTJ - Examiner:
ISFJ - Defender:

Creators (SP)

ESTP - Persuader:
ESFP - Entertainer:
ISTP - Craftsman:
ISFP - Artist:

Intellectuals (NT)

ENTJ - Chief:
ENTP - Originator:
INTJ - Strategist:
INTP - Engineer:

Visionaries (NF)

ENFJ - Mentor:
ENFP - Advocate:
INFJ - Confidant:
INFP - Dreamer:

Alpha

Alpha++ world cities:
New York, London

Alpha+ world cities:
Hong Kong, Paris, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney, Milan, Shanghai, Beijing

Alpha world cities:

Madrid, Moscow, Seoul, Toronto, Brussels, Buenos Aires, Mumbai, Kuala Lumpur, Chicago

Alpha− world cities:

Warsaw, São Paulo, Zurich, Amsterdam, Mexico City, Jakarta, Dublin, Bangkok, Taipei, Istanbul, Rome, Lisbon, Frankfurt, Stockholm, Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Athens, Caracas, Los Angeles, Auckland, Santiago

Beta

Beta+ world cities:
Washington, Melbourne, Johannesburg, Atlanta, Barcelona, San Francisco, Manila, Bogotá, Tel Aviv, New Delhi, Dubai, Bucharest

Beta world cities:

Oslo, Berlin, Helsinki, Geneva, Copenhagen, Riyadh, Hamburg, Cairo, Luxembourg, Bangalore, Dallas, Kuwait, Boston

Beta− world cities:
Munich, Jeddah, Miami, Lima, Kiev, Houston, Guangzhou, Beirut, Karachi, Düsseldorf, Sofia, Montevideo, Nicosia, Rio de Janeiro, Ho Chi Minh City

Gamma

Gamma+ world cities:
Montreal, Nairobi, Bratislava, Panama City, Chennai, Brisbane, Casablanca, Denver, Quito, Stuttgart, Vancouver, Zagreb, Manama, Guatemala City, Cape Town, San José, Minneapolis, Santo Domingo, Seattle

Gamma world cities:

Ljubljana, Shenzhen, Perth, Kolkata, Guadalajara, Antwerp, Philadelphia, Rotterdam, Amman, Portland, Lagos

Gamma− world cities:

Detroit, Manchester, Wellington, Riga, Guayaquil, Edinburgh, Porto, San Salvador, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Port Louis, San Diego, Islamabad, Birmingham, Doha, Calgary, Almaty, Columbus

Jaguar

Chicago and New York are right up my alley. My type is WILD. :wink:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP 8w9 Sp/Sx

- New York
- Singapore
- Buenos Aires
- anywhere with an entrepreneurial culture

Inverness

MBTI Type
INFJ
The ones that jump out at me the most are Wellington, Auckland, Sydney, Denver, and Vancouver. INFJ

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTP 6w7 Sx/So.

Thoses wich seem attractive to me:

Sydney, Milan, Roma, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP 4w3 sx/sp: New York, Tokyo, Paris, London.

wildflower

infj 4w5 sp/sx: paris, pretty much anywhere in france, venice, st. petersburg (russia not florida) ;), tokyo or kyoto

KDude

ISTP 6w7 Sx/So.

Thoses wich seem attractive to me:

Sydney, Milan, Roma, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro

All of these work for me too. Buenos Aires especially. I hear that they don't work. The whole population. Sounds amazing.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i've lived (school/work) in nyc, boston, bay area, london, tokyo, sydney and bangkok.
i've spent multiple extensive periods in singapore, paris and berlin.

i liked singapore the least, very sterile, and i have way too many vices.
i get grumpy if i have to be there more than a week at a time.

and love living in bangkok the most - the quality of life combined with
cost of living and in terms of opportunity, it's the best for me by far.

i love visiting nyc the most. i didn't like living there.
very different, living vs visiting a city. most places
i just want to visit.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ 6w5 sp/sx.

I grew up in Victoria, British Columbia, lived in Dublin, Ireland for three years and now live in London, England.

London is my favourite, then Victoria, then Dublin. I love the Irish, but now feel largely indifferent to Dublin as a city. I'm not sure how I would type it - maybe ESFP?

Victoria is a much smaller city than London or even Dublin. Type - maybe ISFP in some ways (artistic, laid back) but there's also the side that likes to tell people how they should think and feel, masquerading under PC-ness and liberality - what type would that be?! ENFP maybe?

I believe London is a city for everyone. For Enneagram I'd probably give it type 6 as it is so diverse and can swing wildly between aggressiveness and politeness/let's all get along, both in terms of its individual people, and its overall vibe. Not sure about MBTI. ENTP or ESTP maybe?

Just realised this wasn't so much about types of cities, as favorite cities by type.

In terms of where I've lived or visited, I'd pick: London, New York, Vancouver, Chicago, San Francisco, Sydney, Paris, Edinburgh, Berlin, Prague, Rome, Copenhagen...there may be a few others. I've visited Japan twice and absolutely love it and the Japanese, but in terms of specific cities I haven't really warmed up to anywhere in particular. I found Tokyo exceptionally hard to warm up to, though it was fascinating.

I also have had wonderful times in Finland, in Cairo, Marrakech, Madrid, Bucharest, Munich, etc, but I am not sure I would put those on these lists.

In terms of cities I HAVEN'T been to and would like to... (but these are more for visiting than living, as I only usually want to live in a place after I've visited, and some I would only rather visit): New Orleans, Boston, Washington DC, Rio, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, New Delhi, Bangkok, Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Odessa, Sarajevo, Ljubljana, Sofia, Barcelona, Seville, Lisbon, Sana'a, Musqat.

Basically I want to go everywhere (the Balkans, India and Antarctica are probably highest on my list currently) and I love cities generally, they fascinate me...though I also adore nature and I don't get enough of it in my life... I'm not sure any of my preferences are very INFJ.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with what [MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION] said, it's too sterile here -- literally and socially speaking.

There isn't enough openness here; maybe a faggot like me is supposed to shake things up a little bit? HRM!