• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP and INTP maybe going somewhere? Advice/Opinions?

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP 4w3 sx/sp (yours truly) and INTP (maybe ISTP) 8w9 sp/sx first date tomorrow. If this should turn into something, what do you guys think? Compatible?

And don't say "Any two types can make it work..." I KNOW that. I'm just curious about your experiences. Thanks all ^^

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My thread got no love *sob*

No, I can understand why. I probably wouldn't answer me either... but I'm going to answer myself. That is, I'm going to record my observations, because I'm bored and I feel like it.

So... definitely INTP. Being an 8 adds leadership and drive, but he's still a total Perceiver, with all the indecisiveness/ disorganization that inevitably follows. No surprise, neither of us likes making decisions.

Um the T vs F things... actually, in writing he's more affectionate than I am. I think it's an Fe vs Fi things. i'm pretty sure I feel a bit more than he does, but I keep most of it under wraps.

Both of us being strong Ns adds to interesting conversations. We notice/don't notice a lot of the same things.

I/E differences aren't huge issues because I don't have a strong preference for Extraversion, but he's definitely more shy around groups.

The 4/8 thing don't really apply. I read more into things and am hideously self-conscious, but what else is new. I think he has a 4 in his tri-type somewhere, and I have an 8 in mine. Sx/sp and sp/sx are pretty wonderful together.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
My best friend in the whole world is a female ENFP, and I really think we would make a good couple and tease her about that sometimes. I think the combination on paper is fantastic, personally. I have to be with an E partner or I have a hard time talking a whole lot. I think I would get annoyed with Js too much to really enjoy our time together (and that's kind of an important part of a relationship), so it's good to have a P. I think couples should generally be the same on N-S spectrum to do well (though not necessarily of course), and T-F is largely unimportant as long as both parties are capable of both thinking critically and being affectionate.

And it sounds like your date went well, so theory is tested and proven. I require no more than one positive result to jump to a conclusion.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
From one couple I know, I think it would make a good match. You will probably balance each other out well and enjoy each other, but you will probably be challenged in doing life stuff like balancing the checkbook.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Dude I love this type dynamic. It always feels so... effortless. As long as both parties are mature enough, it's usually balls of fun.