• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Just realized my Se is real weak.

Illmatic

Well i for a while thought that Se can be my dominant function because i seem to be always looking around and such but i actually am never aware of my surroundings.

Today i was at the lights waiting to cross the road and i was in thought thinking and without even knowing i stepped onto the road as if to cross (the green light for the cars was still on and the walking man didn't appear yet) and i didn't even know until i saw a car slowing down and then i quickly stepped back. Before i have walked into trees (lol) and i am often scared to drive because i am afraid i might get lost in my head and have an accident.

Would this indicate that my Se is weak?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Jesus. That's crazy sauce. I'm on hyper alert when I cross the street as a pedestrian.

I get scared to drive, but I think that's because when I was younger I used to drive super fast and recklessly and got into wrecks. So I'm phobic about accidents now.

I'm not sure what this says about your Se, but it's really stupid to not pay attention when you're crossing the street. That's a terrible way to die, or just be paralyzed.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Se what?

I'm a huge sensotard, but I don't get in accidents when driving or participating in traffic, when I was younger, and still do sometimes although much less, I've speeded a lot, driving 250Km/u through germany on the autobahn, etc, agreed that it's not smart, but I've never had an accident, even though my Se sucks.

Getting in accidents has nothing to do with Se. It has to do with focus and control. And For focus and control, discriminate awareness of your surroundings can even be a good thing! Which is the opposite of Se!

Se people are 'equally' aware of everything around them. Wether they lose focus and are equally aware of nothing around them or have a good focus and are greatly aware of everything around them is another story.

A Se guy walking down the street towards a crossing and noticing the stuff in the shop, the funny looking car and that weird guy across the street two feet before reaching the crossing could very well overlook the pedestrian light if they aren't focused on what they are doing themselves.

But that doesn't mean you are or are not Se. I'm just saying your experience can be interpretted in many different ways and doesn't actually Se much about your Se use at all.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jesus. That's crazy sauce. I'm on hyper alert when I cross the street as a pedestrian.

I get scared to drive, but I think that's because when I was younger I used to drive super fast and recklessly and got into wrecks. So I'm phobic about accidents now.

I'm not sure what this says about your Se, but it's really stupid to not pay attention when you're crossing the street. That's a terrible way to die, or just be paralyzed.

Agreed. You don't have to be an Se user to be very cautious of driving and crossing the road, do you?

amazingdatagirl

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
I am often scared to drive because i am afraid i might get lost in my head and have an accident
Several years ago, I had an 83 mi commute to work (186 mi round trip). I would become so zoned out while driving that I often did not know where I was along the route (interstate bordered by dense forest nearly the whole way). It was disorienting not to know where I was and if I had passed my exit ramp.

And bumping into things - I do this all the time. I am a terrible judge of distance. Doorway collisions are a daily occurance.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Agreed. You don't have to be an Se user to be very cautious of driving and crossing the road, do you?

Ahhh..actually Si would be more likely to be "inherently" cautious.

I was never "inherently" cautious...I was a crazy young girl behind a wheel of a car. I learned from hard experience (I WAS VERY LUCKY) to act like an adult and face the consequences of the road.

Now I'm absolutely phobic, it's funny.

But I've never been a careless pedestrian. Even as a teen I was careful with that. You'd have to be dumb to ignore big, loud cars when you have nothing around you to protect your body. The difference for me was being in a big car made me feel more protected and invincible, I drove these big old tank Oldsmobiles, so that's probably why I kept walking away unscathed from my accidents. Still not smart.

Yes you'd have to be dumb...Or stoned. OP don't ever cross the street stoned, hmm?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Several years ago, I had an 83 mi commute to work (186 mi round trip). I would become so zoned out while driving that I often did not know where I was along the route (interstate bordered by dense forest nearly the whole way). It was disorienting not to know where I was and if I had passed my exit ramp.

I've had that too but only while driving routes I've driven many times before. But the traffic at hand is always monitored, it's not like you'd zone out and have an accident. At least not me. :p

KDude

I'm all too aware for a so called "N".

Also, my friends think I could be a race car driver apparently.

And Elfboy thinks I'm ISTP. Maybe he's right. :coffee:

Sunny Ghost

I'm an ISFP with sensotard moments. It's usually when I introvert too much into my own head. I start walking into doors or running into chairs.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I would say that Indy's got it right. I think so far you've just proven you're probably dominant with an introverted function. It depends directly on how, or what you're thinking about during your introversion that will determine weakness or strength in a function.

Illmatic

the future where my life is gonna go, i am a 80/20 depression:happy ratio person lols. Can't seem to be happy for too long.

KDude

the future where my life is gonna go, i am a 80/20 depression:happy ratio person lols. Can't seem to be happy for too long.

That's not a bad thing really.. Depression can possibly encourage depth/empathy/creativity. keyword "possibly". I'm aware we can indulge too much in it too. But someone who's constantly happy would have to be pretty foolish imo. Ignorance is bliss and all that.