• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How well do you get along with your opposite type?

Silveresque

I have a friend who, by my best guess, is ESFJ 7w6 sx/so, pretty much my polar opposite. At first, I wasn't sure we could really get along because I felt really awkward and uncomfortable around her. It kind of seemed like she would speak at me rather than to me, which made it really hard for me to contribute anything and hold conversations with her. But then I discovered that if I talk to her in Si, we're speaking the same language. It takes a bit of effort, but when I do that we can have a lot of fun. I also think her sx instinct helps, because I have a much easier time one-on-one than in groups.

KDude

Who is my opposite type? ENTJ? ESTP?

In either case, it depends on the individual, I guess? I've had some good ESTP friends. And ENTJs don't scare me one bit. :D

Actually, the general "makeup" of ESTJ annoys me often, but then.. I've had friends there too. Like I said, I think it might depend more on individuals and where we are in life more than anything. Type could just be one minor parameter.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Whether or not I like INFPs depends on how much they're into the "rebel without a cause" thing. When they're unique without being on edge and cranky about it, and when they don't try to evangelize that philosophy at me, then we're good. :)

So, in other words, we're good most of the time -- because I think a lot of that has to do with maturity.

G

Glycerine

ISTP- not much opinion on them. Sometimes, there are mutual WTF moments with opinions.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm the more crazier/cruder/meaner one as compared to my ISFP 4w5 sp/so friend.

But we do get along very well because of #atheism and similar backgrounds; we have similar ideas, but we go about in totally different ways. I don't mind steamrollering over people to get <insert agenda here> across or done, she's a little more nice.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm an ESTP 7w8 sx/so;
My wife is an INFJ 9w1 sp/so;
We're very happy, love each other bundles, and get along splendidly.
Core values, attraction, and true heartfelt human decency for the sake of loving someone without reservation, these things matter way the fuck more than MBTI or Enneagram.

:solidarity:

-Alex

Last edited:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTJ
overall: pretty well. generally they leave you alone and aren't very intrusive. they're not emotionally or socially high maintenance
friends: we don't usually click as friends, they think I'm weird as fuck
in a formal setting: wonderful. good at conversing in a more formal, detached environment
in positions of authority: HELL no. ISTJs make me want to choke them in authority positions
sexually: never

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
One of my best friends is an ESFJ. I don't usually understand her and she can be quite emotional and dramatic sometimes. I like her anyways.

xisnotx

Permabanned
ESFJs and INTPs are basically the same people...just backwards. I've sat down and talked to a couple esfjs (suspected, never confirmed) and we usually see things in the same way...we just react differently..

I would say entjs are probably more "opposite"...but I like entjs (they might be my favorite type).

So generally, pretty well..

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
honestly, i can't think of a single estj. i'm sure i know some, but not well enough to type. i can definitely see myself clashing with one, especially if they were super rigid. and i doubt i'd date one. but i'm sure there are some cool, relatively laid back estj's out there i could get along with.

closest thing are istj's i guess, and the first 2 i think of are my stepdad who i hate more than anyone, and an old friend of mine. me and the friend are really different, her family is all conservative southern baptist and she completely buys into it even though she's really smart and cynical otherwise. but we get along well obviously, i just can't talk to her about a lot of personal stuff.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I can't help but attract SFJ's... So they must like me, or want to fix me. I find them overbearing, but the two I know are great friends of mine.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Your polar opposite is actually someone who has completely different functions that you, and who also doesn't share a Sensing or Intution preference, and who is Extroverted to your Introversion...like for an ISTJ it would be like ENFJ. It doesn't get much more different than that.

At least with your letter opposite you share all the same functions and have "duality."

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your polar opposite is actually someone who has completely different functions that you, and who also doesn't share a Sensing or Intution preference, and who is Extroverted to your Introversion...like for an ISTJ it would be like ENFJ. It doesn't get much more different than that.

At least with your letter opposite you share all the same functions and have "duality."
Hm. So by this definition mine would be INFJ, not my shadow (INFP).

So... I'm changing my answer. I LOVE INFJs! :wub: And just like with INFPs, I love them best when they are mature. Which, in the case of INFJs, means not being passive-aggressive all the time, or compulsively manipulating people.

KDude

I'm confused. I thought STPs and NFJs got along better.. theoretically speaking.

Silveresque

Yeah, I thought about that too. Actually, that still works, since I was just starting to think the friend I was talking about in the OP is actually ESFP, which would be my opposite by your definition.

iris.moon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
My mum is an ESTJ and we're very different but we can get along well with a bit of effort.

I don't like ESTPs. Really, they make me feel weird and dumb. We ignore each other.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Absolute opposites? ISFP's? Well... I seem to attract them, too :).

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i dont know any ESFJs

Sunny Ghost

ENTP's are splendid! Some how, I just want to cuddle them. The ones I know in real life, at least. I think us ISFP's have a way of really bringing out their gushy side, since we're like little kittens to them. haha.

ENTJ's are... aiiight. I go back and forth on how I feel about them. Mostly, I think they're cool. It's the energy they bring to the table that I have a hard time interacting with. If we're one on one, I do okay with them. The two I know in real life seem really fond of me, though.

uncommonentity

intjandesfp.jpg

They give good head, sorta.