• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Possible rule for determining one's MBTI Tertiary doppelganger

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am so sorry I have hurt your feelings. :(
It was never my intention.
Regrets.

However.
Emotionality clouds the issue.
Clear logic wins the day.

You assume I'm angry. Anyway, I enjoy clear logic, but I'm searching for the clarity in what you're trying to say. The numerology part worked out after a while. I don't understand the words you're using. Maybe numbers speak louder.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
You assume I'm angry. Anyway, I enjoy clear logic, but I'm searching for the clarity in what you're trying to say. The numerology part worked out after a while. I don't understand the words you're using. Maybe numbers speak louder.

I am glad to hear that. Yes, numbers speak louder. Words whisper. :)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am glad to hear that. Yes, numbers speak louder. Words whisper. :)

Some people around here need to learn the art of whispering. I just don't see any reason to fly into histrionics over such an unimportant theory as typology.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Furthermore, I did not say that the ISTJ's tertiary is Se, it is ISFP.
The ISFP functions for an ISTJ would be a tertiary (Puer)-Opposing Personality (backup) combo. The OP might be strong, because it is after all, the dominant function but simply in the opposite orientation.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The ISFP functions for an ISTJ would be a tertiary (Puer)-Opposing Personality (backup) combo. The OP might be strong, because it is after all, the dominant function but simply in the opposite orientation.

Thanks. I don't think that's the reason, however. A psychological flight into excessiveness is the reason. Or are you saying that, a priori to the excessive behaviors, the OP was waiting in the wings because it is in the opposite orientation?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*Marches into thread, swinging from the gate*

I DEMAND ANSWERS ABOUT WHATEVER IT IS WE WERE TALKING ABOUT.....

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What I'm trying to do here is solve some dilemmas that I've had with real-life typing. I've mentioned a few problem examples on this forum. Maybe the answer is on this forum. But I'm not easily convinced with any old someone coming along claiming to have The Answer.

edit - fixed.

Sunny Ghost

huh. :yes: I like that... only, without consuming the time it may take for me to change all the types, i'll try to explain my thought. I would think the doppleanger would be one with similar functions all around.... like, instead of INTP (Ti/Ne/Si/Fe) with ISTJ (si/te/fi/ne) it would more be like INTP with ISFJ- jumbled functions (Si/Fe/Ti/Ne.) Know what I mean? I've always thought of strange similarities in the people with jumbled functions- one's tertiary is another one's primary and visa versa (and other top functions are the same.) . Ugh, this is coming out so strange, I hope it makes sense.

Just one more example to make me more comfortable with this post. INFP (Fi/Ne/Si/Te) with ISTJ (Si/Te/Fi/Ne)

No he's talking about Lenore Thomson dom-tert loops. As you can see, at the top it says "Dominant-Tertiary."

Like an ISTJ in an Si-Fi loop can seem ISFP (or INFP, which is more similar to what you've said about matchy matchy functions)...but typically yeah more like an ISFP since they're presenting a Sensing function even though it's not Se. They can look like an extremely introverted ISFP.

Or an ISFP in an Fi-Ni loop can actually look similar to an INFP (though mal has INFJ listed, I would say it depends on how strong the Ni is vs. Fi).

Yes, this is absolutely pre-packaged Lenore Thomson dom-tert theory, and I do agree with her theory, and I've witnessed it in people.

It's only pre-packaged because he's making it more about letters than functions. I just wanted to make sure to point out that this is based in a more widely accepted theory since I neglected to do so before.

I sometimes forget how haphazard the knowledge is on this forum about function theory. It's one of the main things I like about Personality Nation, though I'm much more comfortable with the warm social environment here and the level of activity.
Maybe it was already brought up... I didn't feel like reading all the pages. But that's basically, say for example, me with INTJ. ISFP's and INTJ's share all the same functions but in different orders. I joked with my INTJ roommate how as he gets older, he's going to be more like me and vice versa. Made for a good joke. He thinks I'm nuts. But anywho, in that respect... it's more like ISFP's and INTJ's rather than INFJ's, are tertiary and inferior doppelgangers, no?? I've always thought of it as, I have a little NT rational temperament that's trying to bubble to the surface and develop, and with INTJ's, they have a little SP artisan... and a rather bubbly one at that, an SF trying to get to the surface and develop. Also, it's the ISFP and INTJ that share similar looping patterns, the Fi-Ni loop. But I guess that'd make both of us appear more INFx-ish. I actually used to mistype on test as INFP quite a bit, and INFJ maybe once.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Some people around here need to learn the art of whispering. I just don't see any reason to fly into histrionics over such an unimportant theory as typology.

Histrionics .. such an American expression. In Europe we call it hysteria.
Importance is subjective.. A subject matter is neutral.

Walk your dog. :)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Histrionics .. such an American expression. In Europe we call it hysteria.
Importance is subjective.. A subject matter is neutral.

Walk your dog. :)

They keep to the Freudian tradition over there, I suspect. In America the APA gets to decide on terminology. Sometimes its decisions are based on politics and not objectivity. I don't know why the difference here, but perhaps it has to do with the term "hysteria" being associated with a feminine trait. And feminists here won't like that idea.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe it was already brought up... I didn't feel like reading all the pages. But that's basically, say for example, me with INTJ. ISFP's and INTJ's share all the same functions but in different orders. I joked with my INTJ roommate how as he gets older, he's going to be more like me and vice versa. Made for a good joke. He thinks I'm nuts. But anywho, in that respect... it's more like ISFP's and INTJ's rather than INFJ's, are tertiary and inferior doppelgangers, no?? I've always thought of it as, I have a little NT rational temperament that's trying to bubble to the surface and develop, and with INTJ's, they have a little SP artisan... and a rather bubbly one at that, an SF trying to get to the surface and develop. Also, it's the ISFP and INTJ that share similar looping patterns, the Fi-Ni loop. But I guess that'd make both of us appear more INFx-ish. I actually used to mistype on test as INFP quite a bit, and INFJ maybe once.

Yes, that's the sort of issue I'm trying to get to the bottom of here, in my own way.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks. I don't think that's the reason, however. A psychological flight into excessiveness is the reason. Or are you saying that, a priori to the excessive behaviors, the OP was waiting in the wings because it is in the opposite orientation?
The OP complex is said to constellate when the ego feels obstructed by something. Otherwise, the associated function simply backs up the dominant.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
They keep to the Freudian tradition over there, I suspect. In America the APA gets to decide on terminology. Sometimes its decisions are based on politics and not objectivity. I don't know why the difference here, but perhaps it has to do with the term "hysteria" being associated with a feminine trait. And feminists here won't like that idea.

It is associated with a feminine trait here, as well. The local feminists are not into hysterics.
Their control is as good as their drive, I guess. But it is a somewhat precarious balance. :p

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It is associated with a feminine trait here, as well. The local feminists are not into hysterics.
Their control is as good as their drive, I guess. But it is a somewhat precarious balance. :p

They just want to delete all distinctions commonly made between males and females. As I recall, for a while the entry under "Borderline Personality Disorder" had to be changed because it was called a disorder of teenaged girls.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
They just want to delete all distinctions commonly made between males and females. As I recall, for a while the entry under "Borderline Personality Disorder" had to be changed because it was called a disorder of teenaged girls.

New days, new mores. Stepford is archaic.