User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 76

  1. #21
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Not unless you count their tertiary MBTI types. That is, if you want to. They do share Se in common, but only if you count the ISTJ's auxiliary Se in the tertiary. And then they would have to be unbalanced personalities relying on tertiaries to take up the slack.
    ISTJs have Si bro. They DO NOT have Se, lulz. If they did, they'd be ISTPs.

    ISTJs can just seem ISFP if they're in a hard core Si/Fi loop sometimes.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    ISTJs have Si bro. They DO NOT have Se, lulz. If they did, they'd be ISTPs.

    ISTJs can just seem ISFP if they're in a hard core Si/Fi loop sometimes.
    I didn't say the ISTJ was Se. I was talking about it's tertiary type which, according to my theory, is ISFP. That's why I called it the Se auxiliary of the ISTJ tertiary type. That's the Se connection between the two types you mentioned, but only when they are unbalanced types lacking strong auxiliaries.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson

    “The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get to know each other.”

  3. #23
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I didn't say the ISTJ was Se. I was talking about it's tertiary type which, according to my theory, is ISFP. That's why I called it the Se auxiliary of the ISTJ tertiary type. That's the Se connection between the two types you mentioned, but only when they are unbalanced types lacking strong auxiliaries.
    No the tertiary type of ISTJ is IxFP because their tertiary is Fi, not Se. This is, by way of function theory, actually INFP but can APPEAR ISFP since ISTJ is Si DOMINANT, just as ENTP can look ENFJ instead of ESFJ (tertiary Fe) because of being Ne DOMINANT.

    On the other hand, someone who is not Sensing or Intuition dominant may not give off the appearance of the opposite Intuition/Sensing function, and be closer to the actual tertiary loop type.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    No the tertiary type of ISTJ is IxFP because their tertiary is Fi, not Se. This is, by way of function theory, actually INFP but can APPEAR ISFP since ISTJ is Si DOMINANT, just as ENTP can look ENFJ instead of ESFJ (tertiary Fe) because of being Ne DOMINANT.

    On the other hand, someone who is not Sensing or Intuition dominant may not give off the appearance of the opposite Intuition/Sensing function, and be closer to the actual tertiary loop type.
    So you're saying there is already a tertiary MBTI theory, and that the tertiary of ENTP is ESFJ and not EXTJ as you implied in the first paragraph?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson

    “The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get to know each other.”

  5. #25
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    So you're saying there is already a tertiary MBTI theory, and that the tertiary of ENTP is ESFJ and not EXTJ as you implied in the first paragraph?
    I already described the tertiary loop theory. You seriously think an ENTP would act ExTJ? Why would you even think that? It doesn't even make sense.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I already described the tertiary loop theory. You seriously think an ENTP would act ExTJ? Why would you even think that? It doesn't even make sense.
    I'll take that as a "no" vote.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson

    “The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get to know each other.”

  7. #27
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I'll take that as a "no" vote.
    You don't know the Tertiary Loop theory? YOU MUST TO EVEN USE THOSE WORDS.

    There's no fucking dominant tertiary in MBTI, it's in function theory and was specifically created by Lenore Thomson.

    If you go MBTI, there is NO DOM/TERT because YOU ARE NOT USING FUNCTIONS.

    Mon dieu, Mr. Tin Foil Hat, what will you think of next?

  8. #28
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You don't know the Tertiary Loop theory? YOU MUST TO EVEN USE THOSE WORDS.

    There's no fucking dominant tertiary in MBTI, it's in function theory and was specifically created by Lenore Thomson.

    If you go MBTI, there is NO DOM/TERT because YOU ARE NOT USING FUNCTIONS.

    Mon dieu, Mr. Tin Foil Hat, what will you think of next?
    There was no tertiary until someone invented it.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson

    “The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get to know each other.”

  9. #29
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You don't know the Tertiary Loop theory? YOU MUST TO EVEN USE THOSE WORDS.

    There's no fucking dominant tertiary in MBTI, it's in function theory and was specifically created by Lenore Thomson.

    If you go MBTI, there is NO DOM/TERT because YOU ARE NOT USING FUNCTIONS.

    Mon dieu, Mr. Tin Foil Hat, what will you think of next?
    Why not start a wikipedia page called "tertiary theory"?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson

    “The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get to know each other.”

  10. #30
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Why not start a wikipedia page called "tertiary theory"?
    Dear god, what is wrong with you? I can understand you want to start a new theory...but if you claim you're using MBTI...there's not Dom/Tert in MBTI, because MBTI does not implement Jungian function theory. So to call it that is false.

    Secondly, there is no theory where Te is ENTPs tertiary function or Se is ISTJs tertiary, not even in Socionics, SO WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THIS?

    Is your theory that letters themselves change? If so, why? And you can't explain by using functions since you're not using functions in any way resembling actual information based in reality and accepted theories.

    Either you're using MBTI OR you're doing something based in function theory, and if you're doing function theory, you're doing it wrong.

    You're an INTP. I'm sure you're perfectly capable of Googling Lenore Thomson Tertiary Temptation and Dominant/Tertiary loops. Her theories are all at http://greenlightwiki.com

Similar Threads

  1. Possible Patronus forms for each of the MBTIs, as well as what your own would be
    By FalseHeartDothKnow in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 10:27 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 10:56 AM
  3. [MBTItm] Possible Reasons for INFJ & ESFJ's Bumping heads
    By IrishStallion819 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 08:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO